Author Topic: Fane Street School Secondary in the 60s  (Read 22516 times)

David Conn

Re: Fane Street School Secondary in the 60s
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2018, 09:43:00 PM »
I went to Fane Street School from 1958 / 1963 there abouts i am 68 years old i was from Sandy Row but moved up to Kitchener Street , my first teacher was Miss Bracegirdle and not in any order Mr Bones , Mr Stevenson , Mr Thompson , then the nutty professor Mr Mercer , then Mr  Barney Moorhead , then Lucy Ryan , then Mr Tompson the art teacher , then Miss Vogan the singing teacher who was blind , Mr Morning , then Mr McKinney , then Mr McBride , and  of course that giant of a man who was the head master Mr Campbell who loved to see you waiting out side his office warming your hands up at the Rad for you know what ! he never needed an excuse that is as much as i can remember , the pupils that were in my time were Eric Rush top guy , Winston Cunningham , John (flash) Freeburn , Robert Fear , Davy Kirk , Norman Fox , Tom Hart , Ken McKey , Bill Gordon , Gordon Fullerton , George Phillips , George Dowie , Victor Nesbitt , Norman Donaghy , Billy Potter , Stephen McCauley , Lockie Patton , Raymond Bell , Jim Brown , Billy Stewart , my apologies to those i have forgotten  the ladies were Kay Gibson , Rosemarie Mooney , Irene Maine her pal was a girl called Joyce something or other i can`t remember her second name , a girl called i think Agnes Wylie , Isobel McIiwaine , Evelin Boal , Another girl i only know by her first name which was Sylvia , i remember playing heady tennis at the school we won the final a couple of times no football all rugby thanks to Archie McBride the sports day was held at the a place called the UC grounds behind the Curzon picture house Ormeau Road   

David Conn

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2018, 09:45:33 PM »
R.E.M. All of those teachers u mentioned . My name is David Conn I lived in northbrook gdns . Bill laverty jean Irwin robin tibbs David mackie wer in my class

Leslie55

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2018, 09:44:11 PM »
Was at fane street from 65 to 71 was in class 3c hated old teacher Arnold loved auldvinkle and adored miss topping hated mourning maths teacher. We had an abouslutly class of lovely looking girls the Patterson's being the best looking also Roberta McBride was a looker

Leslie55

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2018, 09:54:24 PM »
I also remember the uc grounds on ormo road it was always cold we had Stephen Feeney in our class and he was good at football I hated school bit now regret it my fault not the schools why does nobody from this era now post on here. The stoney steps were drummed into me at the age of 11 I had to climb them I also remember Ruth herron old before her time and big Dorothy Willis and Sandra ball who always tried to be tough

Leslie55

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2018, 10:02:55 PM »
Also is isa.Williams uel black David fear where has everybody went to.are they all caught up in internet world I know I loved the seventies because very few had any money. And everyone was on the same level I have very fond memories of fane st it taught me to read and right and how to treat both male and female

Leslie55

« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2019, 04:49:07 PM »
Also everyone liked each other. Not like todayand I know David fear is dead but I want his name to live on and I want to celebrate what a brilliant class of beautiful girls and boys we had. We did not have much but we looked out for each other