Author Topic: Beresford Street  (Read 28070 times)

hollyhenry

Re: Beresford Street
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2012, 09:51:43 PM »
Hi,

I sent you a "PM". I hope it did it correctly. If not please let me know!!

Are you the same person that was on the Ulster Bands Forum that was asking me about the Mussen's about a year ago?

William Arthur Mussen and Mary Ann Mussen (smyth) were my mothers Grandparents and their Daughter Elizabeth Ellen Adair Mussen (mcclean) was my Grandmother.

I've also been to Richard Mussen's son R.Mussen's Memorial Wall at Pozieres Memorial Cemetery in France. I was planning to attend the mural unveiling as i wanted to meet a few of the Mussen's but was unable to make it, i seen the photo's and seen a few McCleans who are also my Aunts, Uncles and cousins and so on.

If anything else you can send me a PM, also if you look in the Boxers Topic you'll find the stuff i posted on Jackie Mussen the boxer, also had his photo fixed and coloured.

John.

marlena

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2012, 08:17:29 AM »
Hi, I am new to this site, and came across Beresford St. I still can't believe I have just seen a photo of my gran Sarah Ramsey, who's daughter Caroline is mentioned (My mum). She is standing beside another lady with flags above the window. I have never seen any photos of my gran when she was young, only in later years.  I am over the moon with this photo. Thank you so much who ever put this photo up, it has made my day.x

harrydunn

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Marlena, stick around you will get many surprises on here and meet lots of new and old friends.

marlena

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2012, 12:34:50 PM »
Thank you very much for the photo of my gran, first time I ever seen a picture of her in her younger days. Over the moon. Many thanks.

marlena

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »
Thank you for the welcome Harry Dunne.

guinty1

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2012, 10:20:26 AM »

Another family photo, my grandfather is second from the right on the front row. He enlisted in the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers in 1924 and was discharged in 1940 through ill health. His career included several yeaars in both India and Egypt before fighting in WW2 where he was involved in the retreat from Dunkirk. Would have like to have asked him about his army career but I was only 10 when he died.

guinty1

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 11:13:36 AM »

Another photo this time of someone called Madeline Rainey she was a family ftiend, apparantly with some of my mums aunts.

guinty1

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2012, 11:18:41 AM »

bit of a mystery this one, probably family but dont know who and how many?

guinty1

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2012, 11:35:44 AM »

This photo shows my grandmother, her sister and someone called May Craig (middle I think) I have been told that the Craigs are related to my family through my great grandmother who was a Craig until she married. My mum tells me she spent some of the war years at her uncle Davy Craigs farm at Drumbo and the same family owned a corner shop/ sweetie shop around the Shankill. Does this ring a bell with anyone or is this your family.

Wasup

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2012, 05:04:57 PM »

Anyone out there with a 1941 Belfast Street directory ???

Ulster Canadian

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »

Anyone out there with a 1941 Belfast Street directory ???

for Beresford St ??

harrydunn

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2012, 11:28:53 PM »
I have a 1940 directory.

Wasup

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »

Ulster Canadian

No, I need to know who lived at : 89 Bristol Street ? 1941

Thanks Harry but you already helped me out on your 1940 directory. :)

msw1

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2012, 08:41:01 PM »
Hi Doffer I lived in Meenan street early sixties who did you know,I lived beside the Fergusons

DOFFER

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2012, 11:05:35 PM »
Hi Doffer I lived in Meenan street early sixties who did you know,I lived beside the Fergusons

hi msw ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i knew the flemings  harold  and jim ,,,,,,,,,,david oniel  and the youngs 
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'