Author Topic: bawnmore boys home  (Read 13257 times)

floral

Re: bawnmore boys home
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 08:56:38 PM »
Completely forgot about the home but when I come to think of it I can place it my mind if you know what I mean, also remember playing the grounds as a child

m.

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 10:13:54 PM »
anyone been in bawnmore boys home mill road greencastle?

hi Alan, found this picture, though you would like to see it.
bottom left, the big house before you cross the motorway.
Bawnmore boys home.

m.

4181alan

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »
teh thanks for the pic the bushes down to the right was were we used to ply in and of to the far left was were they stored british leyland cars hoppy the guy that usedto bring new cars up from the docks to the compound used to pick us up at the bus stop o n afriday free lift home brilliant picture
ding dong

aussiejohn

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 07:27:25 AM »
Hi Alan
I think I might have been there when you were.  You mentioned a Noel Orr in a previous post, did you mean Campbell Orr?  My name was John Wardlow back then and my brother Fred was there for a while to.  Please email me at [email protected], if you'd be happy to answer some questions for me.
Thanks a lot
John

ardgart

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 06:13:47 PM »
Hi I remember going to dunlambert with a guy that lived there also remember a fellow called philip bunnting i live in white city and brought down a train set which my dad said to leave there

bevo1953

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 12:43:12 AM »
i remember bawnmore boys home, we played football against them, i was in 105th bb atthe time, some of the boys went to ballygolan p.s. jim crozier is the only one i remember in the 1950s.

sandymc

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 05:23:22 AM »
yes i remember some of the boys from bawnmore one of them was in my class at ballygolan school sorry i cant remember any names but he had the reddest hair and the most freckles i have ever seen.

bevo1953

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 03:34:20 PM »
red hair and freckles, that was jim crozier, he was in mr watsons class, i was in mrs mc beths. i think mr devlin started as principle back then when mr moon died.

sandymc

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 01:46:50 AM »
yes i was in mr watsons class, i was in the little school in greencastle and wasn't long in ballygolan till it was time to go to graymount. i remember mr moon the headmaster. can you remember the name of the shop just over from ballygolan, i have asked before and some one , said mortons , i thought mortons was on the whitewell, and i thought herrons was further up nearer the white city. i am racking my brain trying to remember.
sandymc

floral

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 11:56:06 AM »
yes i was in mr watsons class, i was in the little school in greencastle and wasn't long in ballygolan till it was time to go to graymount. i remember mr moon the headmaster. can you remember the name of the shop just over from ballygolan, i have asked before and some one , said mortons , i thought mortons was on the whitewell, and i thought herrons was further up nearer the white city. i am racking my brain trying to remember.
sandymc

Booths I think it was called sandymc

sandymc

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 12:07:23 PM »
floral
that is right i have been racking my brain for ages thanks a lot now i can give it a rest
sandymc :) :)

bevo1953

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 06:45:56 PM »
shops on the serpentine, booths, jimmy herrons, jennings the butcher, and mr mooney the chemist, any one remember guys on the antrim road, her two daughters live in graymount, and jim is in Australia.

floral

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »
shops on the serpentine, booths, jimmy herrons, jennings the butcher, and mr mooney the chemist, any one remember guys on the antrim road, her two daughters live in graymount, and jim is in Australia.

You have made my day I also have been racking my brain about Jennings the butcher, thanks

bevo1953

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 08:42:21 PM »
floral....jennings the butcher used to have sawdust on the floor, and it would stick to your feet on a wet day, and you would cart it every where. lol.

vic46

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2011, 09:33:04 PM »
Hi everyone my brother and I where in Bawnmore from 1958 to 1965 we went
to Ballygolan primary and then Dunlambert I also remember Jim Crozier he was in Bawnmore at the same time as us. If anyone wants to know anyone else that was in bawnmore I may be able to help with names it is a long time ago but I still remember most of the boys that where there at that time. Jackie and Beryl smyth where in charge of bawnmore at that time. I then went into Kincora my brother went to Kincora the year before me.