Author Topic: manor street, belfast 14  (Read 109201 times)

dimples45

Re: manor street, belfast 14
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 05:09:39 PM »
Dougie; Billy Scott from Foyle Street  passed away  several years ago ;;he and my brother Tommy were great mates....dimples.

dougie boy

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 05:17:21 PM »
Thank you Dimples
If this is old age I hope I die young

dimples45

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 05:26:20 PM »
 Hi Ulster..welcome to the FORUM .im from Foyle Street and i still go to the lower oldpark to see family..i knew a lot of the people Colleen remembered from that area..i too went to Lynn School ,then Finiston,  Archiebald Lewis was at school same time as me ..if i remember he lived in Beechpark Street...there a still a few people from Nore ST live in the lower oldpark..the area has changed a lot ....dimples45

shanks

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 03:25:26 AM »
Hi there...my people came from Shannon st and Suir street.... Freemans.  Did you know us??

irish colleen

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 03:35:51 AM »
shanks lived in nore street around 61  knew Margaret Hanna from barrow, and marion mckinny from there , ann McIlrath from nore, jean johnson from nore  and a cousin of mine on here is from manor street too 
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

dougie boy

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 09:33:26 AM »
Hi Colleen Margaret Hanna and sister Audrey live within a couple of miles from me in St Albans ,I am in touch with Billy hanna ,remember Dougie Mckinney Barrow st ,Kilpatrick Bamfords,  Jim and margaret Fisher ,Tom  Donnely,William Pollock ,from nore st ,The Hunters Shannon St  ,the Wallers ,Wylies,Suir st and manny more

dougie boy

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 09:47:05 AM »
I remember old Mynah Shannon st used to sell coal by the bucket ,her house was full of cats  ,.Dolly Hagen's toffee apples ,iced diamond buns

Erincyprus

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 12:34:49 AM »
shanks lived in nore street around 61  knew Margaret Hanna from barrow, and marion mckinny from there , ann McIlrath from nore, jean johnson from nore  and a cousin of mine on here is from manor street too

Hi IC hope you are well.  Can you check for me if your Jean Johnston is a decendant of William, Sarah, Janet Johnstone from Wigton in Scotland?

Erin  :-*
God made Whisky to stop the Irish ruling the World

Erincyprus

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 12:36:14 AM »
I remember old Mynah Shannon st used to sell coal by the bucket ,her house was full of cats  ,.Dolly Hagen's toffee apples ,iced diamond buns
[/quote

Dolly was my Aunt dougie loved those Toffee Apples expecially the one covered in Coconut  :)

Erin
God made Whisky to stop the Irish ruling the World

irish colleen

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 05:36:06 PM »
Erin I don't know anything about Jeans family  the last time I saw Jean was in Bangor about 1970  I left Bangor in 74  but remember all the other stuff  used to go to dollys  for sweets   great memories  IC

Hi IC hope you are well.  Can you check for me if your Jean Johnston is a decendant of William, Sarah, Janet Johnstone from Wigton in Scotland?

Erin  :-*
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

irish colleen

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 05:38:35 PM »
Hi Dougie Boy  I remember all those names  well  isn't it amazing that  after all these years  that computers have  brought us all together  for our memories  to all come out again   IC
Hi Colleen Margaret Hanna and sister Audrey live within a couple of miles from me in St Albans ,I am in touch with Billy hanna ,remember Dougie Mckinney Barrow st ,Kilpatrick Bamfords,  Jim and margaret Fisher ,Tom  Donnely,William Pollock ,from nore st ,The Hunters Shannon St  ,the Wallers ,Wylies,Suir st and manny more
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

jmac

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2011, 08:52:11 PM »
Hi irish colleen, did Ann McIlrath have a brother called Billy? I went to Somerdale & one of my best friends was called Billy McIlrath, from Nore St. :)
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique

irish colleen

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011, 10:00:55 PM »
Yes she did have a brother billy  the lived at bottom end of street  maybe #7? know the Grahams lived in ver last house on the left and I think Ann lived about 3-4 doors up from that ic
Hi irish colleen, did Ann McIlrath have a brother called Billy? I went to Somerdale & one of my best friends was called Billy McIlrath, from Nore St. :)
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

Ulster1922

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2011, 10:18:37 PM »
I remember Margaret Hanna & Isabel Conn from Barrow St, the Wylies, Pollock's & Billy & Eva Liggett. I believe they lived on Suir St also. I will have to see if I can find the last photo I received from the gang down on the river street's & post it.
No matter where I roam, Belfast will always be my home.

irish colleen

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »
Hi U1922 AKA WJS   yes I remember wher Aunt Flo lived it was 15 Druse Street  and it is not there any more either  (cousin) IC
Hi Ed, Just got this post after I asked where you lived. My mum had a friend named Minnie Dadidson who lived on Louisa St. down past the wee shop on the right, & I had a great aunt who lived off Louisa St. (Colleen, do remember the name of the street aunt Flo lived on?).
I went to Lynn Memorial on Baden Powell St. & then Finiston.
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH