Author Topic: WERE YOU A PLAZA HOPPER  (Read 6589 times)

jonjoe

Re: WERE YOU A PLAZA HOPPER
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2011, 11:11:16 PM »
the trouble at the plaza with the sailors started because a french-canadian ship the bonaventure was docked in belfast having a refit which took a couple of months. the crew had money to burn and were popular with local girls.the fights were so bad police tenders were in the centre of town most nights. lads from all over belfast put aside their own differences and joined together to fight the french-canadians who i remember were built like brick [censored] houses.

jonjoe

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2011, 11:17:49 PM »
i loved the plaza lunchtime dances. i worked with jim brady at his day job.the d.j. was a red haired lad called dino.dennis martin from linden st.

kate.o

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2011, 05:31:34 AM »
i loved the plaza lunchtime dances. i worked with jim brady at his day job.the d.j. was a red haired lad called dino.dennis martin from linden st.
jonjoe how are you going,
yes I like'd the lunchtime dances,
allway's felt better when i went back to work. ::) ::)

McNamee

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2011, 10:06:58 AM »

J
Dino married a girl from my Street, they went to live in Antrim, sadly he passed away a few years ago now.

I didn't remember he was a DJ

plaza hopper

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »

J
Dino married a girl from my Street, they went to live in Antrim, sadly he passed away a few years ago now.

.   Hi McNamee sorry to hear about Dino he was the DJ in the plaza lovely lad then and jonjoe I seen Jim Brady later he worked in the brewley on the Glen Road

jonjoe

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »
kate o, the lunchtime dances were too good i got expelled from the art college for not returning to afternoon classes. that and the fact i was a rubbish artist sealed my fate.

kate.o

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2011, 01:29:25 PM »
kate o, the lunchtime dances were too good i got expelled from the art college for not returning to afternoon classes. that and the fact i was a rubbish artist sealed my fate.
hi jonjoe, good one I did the same a few time's,
getting back late nearly lost my job. :D

jonjoe

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2011, 07:25:20 PM »
kate o. what was the painters.?

kate.o

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2011, 10:42:01 PM »
kate o. what was the painters.?
hi jonjoe, I am not sure ,
I have heard a mention of that
before, if you find out let me know.  

blackspot8

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2019, 04:38:01 AM »
J

Dennis and I worked as waiters at the Royal Avenue Hotel 1958-1961..I