Author Topic: Anyone in St Patricks Training School, Glen Rd, 1995 - 1998  (Read 7187 times)

Aidy

Hi, if anyone has spent time in st. pats training school or knows of anyone who was in there between these dates get in contact, would like to catch up!!

now known as glenmona resource centre

Thanks

josey

Re: Anyone in St Patricks Training School, Glen Rd, 1995 - 1998
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 01:24:22 PM »
Sort of like hoods reunited where everyone can compare their T.S.Os.  :D  Only joking mate, I know not everyone in St Pats was hoods. I was in Lisnevin in 1994/95 and a lot of the St. Pats. boys came there, even though we were different religions some good frindships were made.

Aidy

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 02:35:26 PM »
Aye lad, something like that, just wondering what happened to everyone over the years, i myself moved on from them days, served my time as a plumber/pipe fitter/tiler and now run my own business and in some sort of strange way i give some credit to my time in St Pats, in a way it taught me to stand on my own 2 feet and never let a situation get me down. i've heard along the grape vines that some of my old pals maybe weren't as lucky as me, but allot of it wasn't down to bad kids more along the lines of bad parents/adults etc, i came from a good family who stuck by me thro it, i done 3.5yrs in it, just got in with a bad crew when i was younger. although it was a [censored] time in my life i look back in fondness at my time spent there, we were treated well so cant fault it maybe a bit heavy handed at times but then we weren't easy worked with either if i remember correctly lol old lisnevin, down by the dog training centre, pink house, assualt course, blue pvc coated mattresses and cubes, and lighting cigarettes of a battery and staple lol lol [censored] they were mad times. wouldn't want to go through them again tho.

paddywack

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:08:18 PM »
anyone  in st  patricks  the summer of internment ,    when it  emptyed out  over night , aug  9  1971,,  a relief
Paddywack

Tyra

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 03:00:09 AM »
My Great Uncle was Brother Andrew Gallagher, he lived in the house at the bottom of St Pats Rd.....heard he was tough.. :angry2:

Anyone remember Joe Gallagher, Art Teacher.. :swoon:

paddywack

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 03:47:14 PM »
My Great Uncle was Brother Andrew Gallagher, he lived in the house at the bottom of St Pats Rd.....heard he was tough.. :angry2:

Anyone remember Joe Gallagher, Art Teacher.. :swoon:
Paddywack

paddywack

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 03:53:40 PM »
 Aall the   brothers  where tough  when they  had to ,  but they  where  fair  ,  and great  teachers
Paddywack

danso

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 08:23:06 PM »
joe scally wasent so fair  :D

the kev

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 06:44:07 PM »
My Great Uncle was Brother Andrew Gallagher, he lived in the house at the bottom of St Pats Rd.....heard he was tough.. >:D

Anyone remember Joe Gallagher, Art Teacher.. :o

i rem joe well he was a good ole spud

the kev

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 06:48:07 PM »
Hi, if anyone has spent time in st. pats training school or knows of anyone who was in there between these dates get in contact, would like to catch up!!

now known as glenmona resource centre

Thanks

you feeling nostalgic aidy

Aidy

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »
Na, just wanted to know how things are with everyone  ;)

Aidy

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 02:49:34 PM »
Who are ye?????????

the kev

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 08:45:30 PM »
Who are ye? ??? ??? ??

its kevin f lol i thought the name would have gave you a clue

Seamy mc

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 11:03:59 PM »
Seamy mc here from Derry was is at pats for a wile in that time 95 and 96 crazy times lol

abaka

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 12:38:28 AM »
I never was in St. Pats but I actually lived in the grounds of the home with my family.  The Grove, between 1987 - 2001, although my family traced back long before then.

My grandfather worked in St.  Pats and actually helped build it.  My family actually lived in two houses in the home, one was a bungalow near the farm but this was eventually demolished and they moved down to the grove.  There were only two of the original bungalows in the grounds of St. Pats left in my lifetime. The gate lodge and one near the Monagh Bypass which was demolised in mid 90s

MY grandfather eventually got my father into the home as a boiler man/ fitter as soon as he left school.  My dad then kept the family home when he and my mother got married in 82 and he raised me and my brother in the Grove.

I used to know a lot of the workers there, and I occasionally talked to a lot of the boys.  I'm looking into my history recently including my time living in the home, would be interested if anybody has any stories dating back to the early 80's and onwards as it is a big part of my family history.  Two generations before me lived and worked there and my children will be the first of my blood line not to have grown up in St. Pats.