Author Topic: Clonard Novena  (Read 14708 times)

Lillikins

Re: Clonard Novena
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2010, 09:45:29 PM »
Hi Val - Well this pic in particular with the balloons may well have been one taken on the day of the Novena when there was a special session for all the young children and babies.  So the priests usually have someone wear fun faces/disney characters for the childrens entertainment. This makes it a lot more fun and they pay more attention.   :D  (And it really is so funny - my grandaughter loved the last one she attended) But the best person to answer your question would be arkie. He will probably correct me regarding this.  ;)

Val

« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2010, 09:56:49 PM »
Thanks Lillikins, it is just to find out more about what goes on and I thought it looked really festive. A great idea for little kids as they can get bored very easy. I have watched some of it on the webcam and found it interesting. I read a book last year that took place in the early sixties and they mentioned Clonard Monastery a lot. It is nice to be able to see what they were talking about, it looks beautiful.

Thanks Lillikins. ..Val  :air_kiss:

Lillikins

« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2010, 10:25:54 PM »
I didn't get up to it everyday myself Val - but the days that I did - it was wonderful. The days that I couldn't make it, I just watched the webcam. Today is the last day of  it so I made sure that I got to this mornings. The church itself will be closed next year so the novena will be held in temporary buildings within the chapel grounds as there will be restoration work being carried out in the church. Even though it will be in a temporary building, I think the same large attendance will continue.
Catch you later Val.  :smile:

Val

« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2010, 01:02:43 AM »
Thanks for the information Lillikins. ....Have a good night....Val  :air_kiss:

Sally Ann

« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2010, 03:46:23 AM »
LILLIKINS  You are spot on love.  I'm going to try and copy those photos to my relations in Holland. Last time they where over here, they thought Clonard was lovely and every year since, send Petitions in on-line!

Now, even though they are not Catholic, I am instructed to send them Blessed candles, so they can light them for the 9 days of the Novena, and follow it on line. - I normally get the ones with the Picture and Prayer on it, and post it off in Mid March in the Parcel that is sent then with 4 lots of Birthday Pressy's - - - Mad blooming Irish or what?  ::)   :swoon:

They have just had a new grand-daughter so will love the photo of the kids Mass. - The Dutch are all into that sort of thing - I think it may have even been with them, this thing started over putting 'balloons' outside the house at kids Birthdays! Most certainly they did it as far back as the 60's.

Yes ARKIE, great pic's!
I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

irishgerry

« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2010, 12:35:18 AM »
Thats it folks
its all over
see you all next year
thanks for all your posts
This message is awaiting approval by a moderator.
maybe this post will be allowed
but then again its bed i dream

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2010, 05:20:38 AM »
I am not going back ,so much for them petitions ,frigg sake ENGLAND are still in the world cup  :D

GOD, does not listen to Heathens. :girl_blum:
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

desi

« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2010, 05:44:08 PM »
GOD, does not listen to Heathens. :girl_blum:
Ach now BLOOM ,what were you saying ,GOD was only messing me about  :D  sure he did the buissness to-day GERMANS 4 ENGLAND 1 I will look forward to the NOVENA next year :dance1:  
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

McNamee

« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2010, 01:55:26 PM »
I am not going back ,so much for them petitions ,frigg sake ENGLAND are still in the world cup  :D

Not anymore. ;)

Shazza

« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2010, 10:54:26 PM »
Brilliant photos Arkie.  Have you any more for us?

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2010, 11:12:04 PM »
Ach now BLOOM ,what were you saying ,GOD was only messing me about  :D  sure he did the buissness to-day GERMANS 4 ENGLAND 1 I will look forward to the NOVENA next year :dance1:  

Yea, His representative on Earth, must have sent Him an

email   ;)
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

Sally Ann

« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2010, 01:09:26 PM »
Nope, according to some, the Pope blessed his own!  ;) :D
I only got drunk, I never got stupid!