Author Topic: does anyone remember oranges academy ??????  (Read 33833 times)

Mgt Rose

Re: does anyone remember oranges academy ??????
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2015, 05:25:00 PM »
does anyone remember oranges academy I left there and started work in 63  iriah colleen

I lived in Durham Street just around the corner from Institution Place.  I went to Oranges Academy in 1962

irish colleen

« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2015, 08:22:21 PM »

I lived in Durham Street just around the corner from Institution Place.  I went to Oranges Academy in 1962
long  time  ago  for  all of  us  huh  :D
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

ArialApril

« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2016, 05:26:56 PM »
just read about this academy a girl sorry woman i know of who went to st nicholas primary carrickfergus went to this academy way   1960s big smile head of curly hair sweet little voice slight build good manners name  sandra jefferies married barry donnan moved to brisbane australia in approx 1971 or 2 she is on facebook using sandra jefferies

RosieG

« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2016, 10:40:38 PM »
Oranges Academy was started by a family called Orange. A grandson of theirs named Louis Orange was president of a well known charity a few years ago.

ArialApril

« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2016, 07:23:08 PM »
just read about this academy a girl sorry woman i know of who went to st nicholas primary carrickfergus went to this academy way   1960s big smile head of curly hair sweet little voice slight build good manners name  sandra jefferies married barry donnan moved to brisbane australia in approx 1971 or 2 she is on facebook using sandra jefferies donnan think she may be planning another trip home  sure she would love to hear from friends she had back then some say past is past but people with a new life in a new country still want to remember life before  immigration and the wonderful parents family members living and passed to spirit world who probably helped these young on their way good luck to you all oh if sandra ever reads this so  sorry about your dads passing used to talk to your mum she broke her heart when you girls left but over time she could see it was the best thing to do  she saw the situation  here was not improving if she is still here tell her i think of her often if not you lost a devoted mother tell barry a person from long ago says sorry in case she hurt you margaret saysl love your girls hers is dead[/size]

Lizzy1

« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2016, 10:36:11 PM »
I remember it.  I know someone who went there to learn how to type.  It was well named.  Run by a couple of weirdos, brother and sister called Coleman.  They ran these free courses on gov money, it was like a tech.

Lilian Ashe

« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2016, 10:30:54 AM »
I remember it.  I know someone who went there to learn how to type.  It was well named.  Run by a couple of weirdos, brother and sister called Coleman.  They ran these free courses on gov money, it was like a tech.
FREE COURSES? >:D My parents paid good money for my sister to go there, maybe some people got them free but I thought everyone had to pay.

Mervyn Kirk

Oranges Academy
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2016, 06:02:33 PM »
I went to Oranges in the late 50's and remember fondly A Colin Janes and a Ronnie Marley.

Any information about either would be appreciated.

Eileen mac

« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2018, 01:11:55 AM »
Hi I went to Orange  Academy  1964 /65
We had a mixed class boys and girls zi was only there for 1year
I am living in Australia  now left ireland 1969

sonychka

« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2018, 06:06:12 AM »
My mother, Susan McArdle attended Oranges from ~ 1947 or '48 through probably '50 or '51. She was from outside Banbridge. Then to Nursing at the Downe Hospital, Downpatrick and then back to Belfast to do Midwifery at the Jubilee (Belfast City Hospital) in the late '50s. Does anyone remember her? She married my ftaher, who qualified in Medicine at Queen's and they moved then to America. She passed on last year and if anyone knew her, had any recollections, or indeed any old materials (pictures, documents, certificates of any kind, etc) I would be so grateful.

irish colleen

« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2019, 03:05:39 PM »
just read about this academy a girl sorry woman i know of who went to st nicholas primary carrickfergus went to this academy way   1960s big smile head of curly hair sweet little voice slight build good manners name  sandra jefferies married barry donnan moved to brisbane australia in approx 1971 or 2 she is on facebook using sandra jefferies
I knew Sandra Jefferies  she was there when I was
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

Kate coleman

« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2019, 09:16:53 AM »

Laughing at dad being called an arrogant sod. 🤣

Eileen mac

« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2019, 12:07:06 AM »
I went to orange  academy  approx 1965
It was a mixed school I remember  an oldish   type building it was for kids who didnt pass their 11 plus
It had mixed Catholic  and Protestant 
I remember  I got in trouble for using a hand made catapult  ( elastic band ) using a piece of paper rolled up knocked out my friends tooth
He wasn't impressed 

monaiona

« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2020, 04:46:04 PM »
Oranges academy was founded by a Miss Nora Orange whose family lived at one time near Falls Road. It was a commercial college of a very high standard with pupils often gaining posts in House of Commons. Family nephews living in Dublin and involved in legal business.