Author Topic: does anyone remember oranges academy ??????  (Read 33826 times)

floral

Re: does anyone remember oranges academy ??????
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 10:10:33 AM »
Hello floral  I don't remember oxos last name I also remember a Milly that her folks were well to do but can't remember her last name either (remember carying your books in a gondola basket?) instead of a school bag and no uniforms that was the best part the no uniforms

I also had a gondola basket too irish colleen, the name Milly rings a bell also. There was a good few of us who travelled from Greencastle/Whitehouse/Whitewell together and we had good times on the bus coming and going, I really enjoyed going there, you felt real grown up.

irish colleen

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 02:58:40 PM »
hi floral  also remember a mary mc manus
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

Geraldine

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 04:05:41 PM »

My friend Carol Nicoletti went there,  anyone remember her?
I drove my Mom mad begging non stop to be allowed to go there!!
For to be free is not merely to cast off ones chains but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.          Nelson Mandela

tboy

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 09:19:05 PM »
My friend Carol Nicoletti went there,  anyone remember her?
I drove my Mom mad begging non stop to be allowed to go there!!
  nicoletti's  fine looking wenches   aye :smile: i think her brother went to the boys model, i always thought their name was nickleddy :smile:

OLD ST.MALS GAL

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 10:06:46 PM »
There was of course Miss Coleman, the Principal.  Always remember Miss O'Boyle, she taught shorthand.(and maybe typing)  I have seen her few times over the years but did not have the courage to say hello.
I should have. am sorry I didn't.
Don't remember any other teachers...its called ageism.

OSMG

Geraldine

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 09:26:09 AM »
  nicoletti's  fine looking wenches   aye :smile: i think her brother went to the boys model, i always thought their name was nickleddy :smile:

Hi tboy, the Nicoletti girls are still as beautiful as ever even after all these years.The brother Ronnie went to the Boys Model,but I don't know about the others,Plillip and Terry.  Nickleddy. . lol :D
For to be free is not merely to cast off ones chains but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.          Nelson Mandela

floral

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »
hi floral  also remember a mary mc manus

I still keep in touch with Marie Bradley, Moira Hutchinson, Kathleen Hill, Maureen Pelligren, Maura McDade, Kathleen O Hara, Deirdre Moss, Mary Byrne, Betty McCrystal, do you remember any of these names

irish colleen

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
 :scratch_ones_head: Hi Floral;
                     moria hutchinson rings a bell as does kathleen o'hara  I remember a Fusco to I think moria???  this getting old is for the birds I have a good memory of other things just school I think I just wanted it over with it is so good to be able to look back though especially when you are so far away from where you grew up we have no living relatives in belfast any more so  we have no reason to go back right now our children are all here in usa  but it is good to keep up with things on this site I love it
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

floral

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 04:24:47 PM »
:scratch_ones_head: Hi Floral;
                    moria hutchinson rings a bell as does kathleen o'hara  I remember a Fusco to I think moria???  this getting old is for the birds I have a good memory of other things just school I think I just wanted it over with it is so good to be able to look back though especially when you are so far away from where you grew up we have no living relatives in belfast any more so  we have no reason to go back right now our children are all here in usa  but it is good to keep up with things on this site I love it

Sandra Fusco - I will try and recall some more names, most of the ones I have mentioned are away from Belfast - have a good day - I love this site as well makes my day there is always something going on

floral

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 04:26:06 PM »
There was of course Miss Coleman, the Principal.  Always remember Miss O'Boyle, she taught shorthand.(and maybe typing)  I have seen her few times over the years but did not have the courage to say hello.
I should have. am sorry I didn't.
Don't remember any other teachers...its called ageism.

I remember Miss Kane and Miss Connolly and Mrs. Carson hopefully they are right - I think there was also a Miss Kearns -

OSMG

Lillikins

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 10:23:59 PM »
Well there was Miss Coleman - though don't remember her doing much teaching. She was mainly in her office which was situated directly behind our class (and had a little window right in the centre of the wall) so she could keep her eye on the class. ;)  And she would have been out of her office in a shot should anyone be seen not doing their schoolwork. :D  There was a Miss Kane who spoke as though she had a permanent sore throat - but a good teacher nonetheless. Mrs. Carson was a rather heavy lady who taught us also. Can't remember if it was shorthand or typing but she too was a very good teacher. I can't say a word about any of the staff - they did excellent work and their pupils proved it by the great exam results they provided.  As for the school building itself - quite old with even a fireplace in the downstairs classroom. But happy memories.  :good:

Lillikins

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 10:27:46 PM »
Oh yes, forgot about Miss Kearns. Her name was Monica and I met  her quite a lot over the years during my shopping trips. She married and lived around Andersonstown from what I heard. Another lovely teacher.  ;)

irish colleen

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 02:07:37 AM »
alexis mcmanus anyone remember  I do remember the teachers and miss coleman
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

floral

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2010, 11:20:04 AM »
Oh yes, forgot about Miss Kearns. Her name was Monica and I met  her quite a lot over the years during my shopping trips. She married and lived around Andersonstown from what I heard. Another lovely teacher.  ;)

Had Miss Kearns reddish coloured hair?

Lillikins

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2010, 09:25:45 PM »
Yes floral, she had a head of lovely reddish hair.  :smile:
Sorry, don't remember that name irish colleen.