Author Topic: my last day at ST Louise's  (Read 9228 times)

tectmum1

Re: my last day at ST Louise's
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 03:39:11 PM »
hi i didn,t mean things have change for the school i,m talking about in general they put pride in you, and made you feel you could come to be something, my own to daughters went as will my g/daughters, all my nieces have went there and some still there.. i,m proud to say i went to st,Louise's its the best school every it was then and is now..

i will reword my post here..

tectmum1

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 03:42:57 PM »
forgot to say my daughters left and went onto university all with the help and encouragement from st.Louise's and the teachers... :smile:

Liz51

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 03:45:47 PM »
forgot to say my daughters left and went onto university all with the help and encouragement from st.Louise's and the teachers... :smile:
that is great tetmum1 you must be very proud when i went there sister gen was more incline to give you the strap for being one min late

tectmum1

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 04:19:13 PM »
omg that's evil ::) lol the 2 teachers you see never taught us but miss Graig was our form teacher for that yr we were 4f but she used to teach us art, our last yr at school we never got any real lessons but were taught how to light a fire!!! we got to bath a baby doll. and learn how to look after a baby..and told the facts of life by fr Murphy according him..

the best was we all knew how to light a fire and bath a baby lol i think!!they were getting us wee housewives ready to face the world lol

when i went to the school  a few yrs back there were girls seniors with their boy friends, one or 2 expecting a baby (them baby class,s would of help them lol )and their car keys and all you seen was a car load of brown bombers leaving school lol...

miss begley was our form teacher when i started 1F  do you remember the ribbons and your house button.. oh how i would love to go for my school dinner  :smile:

rocky1

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 08:47:56 PM »
Could anyone let me know if it would be possible to get class photos of a girl i new back in the late 60s in St Louises. Not sure if they took class photos then.

Liz51

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 08:52:09 PM »
try emailng st louise's they also have a web site

tectmum1

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 06:37:55 AM »
thanks Rathbone found the site and hope it helps those looking for pass friends  :smile:

www.stlouises.­co.­uk good luck all, my best friend found me... :yahoo: just copy and paste this it into your browser..

McNamee

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 09:48:08 AM »
Rocky1.  Yes they did take Form Pictures back then.  I have one from 1964

tectmum1

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 01:18:21 PM »
i think i remember that was it taken in the gym???

Sally Ann

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 02:34:46 PM »
Funny thing is, I started in 1968 but I never remember us ever getting a class photo taken -maybe they just left me out 'cause we wouldn't have had the money to pay for it! LOL Remember getting detention because I didn't have the money to pay for the Alter Flowers, the Missions and whatever the other 2d was for.  Sr. Mary made the statement to me "I bet you are one of these wee girls who buys cigarettes and matches with the money your mother gives you for these!!"  Aul cow!

I told her No I wasn't, just didn't have the money! to which she replied, "It's only 6d!"  Aye it was, but so was my bus fare for the day and my sister and I had to walk to school and back again up the Glen Road, as my Mum didn't have the money! -

Remember getting the 'Good Conduct Badge" 4 weeks in a row, deal was if you got that, then you got tea with Sr. Gen, and the Friday afternoon off!!!  Yep! they overlooked me for that!!!

Was a great school no doubt but your face either fitted or it didn't.  Remember meeting Sr. Gen many years later when she was attending a meeting in Stormont when I worked there, by my unusual name alone she would have known me, yet, never once did acknowledge me or she say, "Look how well you have done I proud of the fact that you are an ex-pupil!"  Ah well, such is life!  After that, anyone asking me where I went to school I just answered - "I didn't!"  LOL

I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

Liz51

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 07:46:44 PM »
Funny thing is, I started in 1968 but I never remember us ever getting a class photo taken -maybe they just left me out 'cause we wouldn't have had the money to pay for it! LOL Remember getting detention because I didn't have the money to pay for the Alter Flowers, the Missions and whatever the other 2d was for.  Sr. Mary made the statement to me "I bet you are one of these wee girls who buys cigarettes and matches with the money your mother gives you for these!!"  Aul cow!

I told her No I wasn't, just didn't have the money! to which she replied, "It's only 6d!"  Aye it was, but so was my bus fare for the day and my sister and I had to walk to school and back again up the Glen Road, as my Mum didn't have the money! -

Remember getting the 'Good Conduct Badge" 4 weeks in a row, deal was if you got that, then you got tea with Sr. Gen, and the Friday afternoon off!!!  Yep! they overlooked me for that!!!

Was a great school no doubt but your face either fitted or it didn't.  Remember meeting Sr. Gen many years later when she was attending a meeting in Stormont when I worked there, by my unusual name alone she would have known me, yet, never once did acknowledge me or she say, "Look how well you have done I proud of the fact that you are an ex-pupil!"  Ah well, such is life!  After that, anyone asking me where I went to school I just answered - "I didn't!"  LOL
[/quote i could not have put your statement better ) don't remember having a glass photo like your self remember detention very well  :D  i did love the school the 1st 2yrs there like you say if your face did not fit that was that

Sally Ann

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 07:03:06 AM »
Rathbone Do you remember a music teacher called Margarete King?  She was there when the school opened.

She was my Mother's Cousin, but a fat lot of good that did me!!
I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

McNamee

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 02:25:14 PM »
*I remember Miss King, she was very pretty.  Did she live around the Monastery?  Kashmere Road.

Also remember Miss O Reilly the other music teacher.

tectmum1

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »
i can just about remember their names i don't know where they lived what yr did you leave???

McNamee

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 02:41:10 PM »
Around 1965