Author Topic: Help!! Does anyone know Margaret Quinn married to Charlie Dobbin Markets  (Read 1603 times)

snappyoffice1

anamcara01

;)

there was a charlie dobbin from the markets married to a woman called betty sproule to her maiden name they had one son called paul .. sadly both charlie and betty are deceased .. they lived in shaftesbury avenue and he was a postman she worked in marks and spencers if that helps
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues

snappyoffice1

there was a charlie dobbin from the markets married to a woman called betty sproule to her maiden name they had one son called paul .. sadly both charlie and betty are deceased .. they lived in shaftesbury avenue and he was a postman she worked in marks and spencers if that helps

Hi

Yes , thats my uncle Charlie and aunt Betty .  really lovely people . Trying to trace my nana and grandad . he was also Charlie Dobbin.  Thanks for getting back to me . 
Anne

artibell

There was a Charlie Dobbin living at 2 Stewart Street in the Market  in 1964

snappyoffice1

There was a Charlie Dobbin living at 2 Stewart Street in the Market  in 1964
[/quote
Thats my Grandad Charlie . Do you know anything of him . He also had a wife called Margaret and Mum Mary .

Thanks so much for getting back to me .
]

anamcara01

Hi

Yes , thats my uncle Charlie and aunt Betty .  really lovely people . Trying to trace my nana and grandad . he was also Charlie Dobbin.  Thanks for getting back to me . 
Anne

i have saw paul their son about from time to time ill ask mum and dad do they have his number for you
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues

snappyoffice1

Oh. That's brilliant. Been trying to contact Paul for ages. Want to pick his brain if he is up to it. Thanks so much

artibell

If you go to the WHO DO YOU KNOW FROM THE MARKET thread

and look for a poster called homebird he is a dobbin from the market
 I will try to show him this thread

artibell

I sent Homebird a PM telling him about you. His Dad is called Seamus Dobbin

snappyoffice1

Already in touch with homebird. He is my cousin but have nagged him so much for info lately. I must be driving him mad.

homebird original

Hi snappy!

Have sent you an email with some info I got from dad today.

HB ;)

Peter Smith

Re: Help!! Does anyone know Margaret Quinn married to Charlie Dobbin Markets
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 05:06:19 AM »
Hi,
My name is Peter Smith now living in Australia.
Charlie Dobbin and Margaret Quinn were my grandparents and my mother was Bernie Dobbin.
I lived in 2 Stewart St in the Market with my grandparents and aunts and uncles until I was about 13 yrs old.
Let me know if I can assist you further

Peter

kellysgirl

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 06:42:28 AM »
 :) I suppose you guys are aware that the surname Dobbin was originally D'Aubin, and that the Dobbins (some in my family tree also) were Huguenots who came from France to flee persecution and found a warm welcome in Ulster.  Dobbins Hotel in Carrickfergus is a notable landmark.  The Huguenots left their mark on Belfast in a great way, eg the de Crommelin family (Crumlin Rd). 

joemurray99

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2020, 08:45:09 AM »
Hello everyone,

I realise this is an old topic, but I'm hopeful of getting an answer to my question here. I am looking for information about a Mary McGennity (widow of John McGennity) who died at 2 Stewart Street on December 24th 1940. The informant is listed as S. Dobbin - grandson. A copy of her death certificate was found in my family but we are struggling to figure out where she fits in. A common connection is the surname Quinn mentioned here - my great grandmother was Catherine Rose Quinn (1880 - 1940) who married a John Murray in 1903 in Ballymacarret.

Any info appreciated.

Joe.