Author Topic: wilton street ( shankill road)  (Read 106119 times)

weeman

Re: wilton street ( shankill road)
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »
Hi Weman, I lived in Canmore st at that time, just opposite the steps! Where abouts did you live?  Nella.. :smile:

129. Next door to the McCarrols on the same side as the steps towards Cupar St.
Just facing the wee shop.

nella

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2010, 01:50:40 PM »
Hi Weeman,I remember Jean McCarrol,she was a lovely girl,very petite!The shop across from you was owned by Davy and Minnie Moore. Do you remember Lizzie Saulters? She lived next door to Meely Hart's wee shop just above the steps.   Nella..

weeman

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 03:24:04 PM »
Yes.
Brother in law is Bobby Watson. Married to Dorothy. They live in Newtownards.
Jean is/was in Toronto.
Came to visit us, Oh! many years ago her son was playing for Chingusie in a Soccer tournament in Montreal.
Had a call from the Moore's daughter shortly after seeing Jean. She was also living in Montreal then moved???
Where are you?

mauram

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 07:54:51 PM »
Just to butt  in here  with a wee funny. :smile:  .while researching family history in Births Deaths and Marriages in Chichester Street I came across the right name of a family member and address, as I read it, was Wilton Street (which is on the Shankill) and all my family came from the Falls.  So that threw a spanner in the works. :yahoo:   When I brought my sister to see it she immediately saw that it said Milton Street which was on the Falls.  I thought I had found a skeleton in the closet too   :swoon: :swoon:

Hendy

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »
Desi that's Milton St because the lamp post isn't painted red white and blue and there's no flegs out, nigh wise up.

Hello Ginger would this be WILTON ST ,came across it a while back ,i can put some more on if it is ok.

DOFFER

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 10:53:24 AM »
dont think its wilton st  as wilton was much longer  anyhow it says milton on sign  lol

used to hire an old bikes in wilton st as a kids shilling an hour i could never raise a shilling so quarter half hour for thruppence was my limit blimey by the time i got on the bike raced up tennent st it was time to take it back lol  :scratch_ones_head: :(
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'

nella

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 01:37:04 PM »
Hi Weeman,Did you mean that Jean McCarrol is in Canada? I know Jean Moore is over there, and what is your connection to the Watsons ? I grew up with all the Watsons and the Kennedys who were cousins ,the Kennedys lived 2 doors down from me.
I am in Australia,have been since 1972... Nella.

weeman

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 10:07:22 PM »
Bobby Watson is married to my first wife's sister, Dorothy Houston.
They live in Newtownards. Rented my house in Canmore st when they first got married after we left for Canada as I thought I would only stay in Canada for two years. Then the "fun and games" started so my mother in law came out to me in 1970. Then another sister in law (Aggie & Billy Paxton) moved in until the urban clearway started and our side of the street was made in to gardens.
I am in Montreal from April 1968. Minnie died 1994.
Jean McCarrol lives somewhere in Toronto. (Think Brampton area)
Forever-a -Shankill girl is from the wee square

nella

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 02:53:34 PM »
Most of the Kennedys went to Canada in the late 60's,Bobby.John,Jean and Phyllis.Did you know them?  Nella...

weeman

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 04:40:13 PM »
Sent you a pm with some photos

gerrymac

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 04:45:14 PM »
My Granny came from Wilton Street she was called Elizabeth Howard and we lived in the Falls, My Granny and Granda was a mixed marriage in fact my mother was born in Wilton Street
Gerry Mac

parkboy

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 05:22:15 PM »
a school mate of mine lived in wilton st , we were pals during our schooldays in hemsworth sq (the henhouse) his name was joe burns ' i remember his father was killed in a motorbike accident about54/55 . lost touch after we left school.

Hendy

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
a school mate of mine lived in wilton st , we were pals during our schooldays in hemsworth sq (the henhouse) his name was joe burns ' i remember his father was killed in a motorbike accident about54/55 . lost touch after we left school.
Joe Burns still lives down that way.

nella

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 01:29:29 PM »
Hi Weeman,PM in your mail box.   Nella...

parkboy

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
hendy i havnt seen joe since my schooldays glad to hear hes still alive and kicking ,id love to see him and have a long talk about them days . often think back to those days ,  (its my age )  lol