Author Topic: wilton street ( shankill road)  (Read 106202 times)

Cally

Re: wilton street ( shankill road)
« Reply #405 on: March 23, 2019, 07:07:53 PM »
know big mo well, grew up with him, and i hear stories from others who see him up the shankill, but i havent seen him in yonks: moved from the shankill to cregagh when i married over 40 yrs ago; have been back quite a few times but its all changed; not the same anymore, sad really!!

Sadly big Mo passed away February 2019

Cally

« Reply #406 on: March 23, 2019, 07:13:22 PM »
Hi, I came from the wee end of Urney St, I chummed with Isabel Vaughn and Mina Annette when we went to wee Ashmore st school, I have a school photo I'll get my hubby to post. My Sister was married to Billy White ( both passed away ) Families are scattered all over the place now. Can anyone tell me the name of the fish & chip shop at the corner of Wilton and I think Crossland st ( the one that led to the swings )  My husband came from Crimea st, we came to Canada in 1967 and wiil be home in a couple of weeks.

Hi urney girl Mina doing well and still living in Manchester with 3 children

Cally

« Reply #407 on: March 28, 2019, 10:11:59 PM »
Hi, I came from the wee end of Urney St, I chummed with Isabel Vaughn and Mina Annette when we went to wee Ashmore st school, I have a school photo I'll get my hubby to post. My Sister was married to Billy White ( both passed away ) Families are scattered all over the place now. Can anyone tell me the name of the fish & chip shop at the corner of Wilton and I think Crossland st ( the one that led to the swings )  My husband came from Crimea st, we came to Canada in 1967 and wiil be home in a couple of weeks.

Billy Young

urneygirl

« Reply #408 on: April 01, 2019, 11:27:34 PM »
My name is Colin Annett my father Bert and his siblings Billy Bobby John Margaret Mina Rachel and Marie all born and reared in Wilton Street

Bert married Helen Forsythe and moved to Battenberg Street and after retirement now lives in Canmore Street

Hi Colin, It was lovely to see your post, please say hi to Mina for me. Mina and I were good chums when we were young and I got to sleep over on a Saturday night at your Granny's house a couple of times. Mina and I took a bus one time to visit your Mom when your dad was in the Army. Boy the memories are all coming back  :D

Sorry to hear Mo has passed away, he was one of the corner boys and they were all good singers.  :) Thank you for the post. Ruby  :-*

mrscruffie

« Reply #409 on: September 20, 2019, 01:26:09 PM »
My great grandparents lived in the house next door (162 Urney Street) I wonder if they knew each other!  ???

Altoni

« Reply #410 on: September 24, 2019, 11:15:03 PM »
Urney girl
Lottie Reid lived beside me when she got married
Worked in the office at mackies

Flloyd

« Reply #411 on: October 13, 2019, 01:38:53 AM »
Shankill Girl.  I know it has been a whilst since you posted but just seen your post about Coards in Wilton Sq Sth.  Just recently discovered my Great Aunt Maggie Courtney who was from Bellevue Street married Joseph Coard from Wilton Sq Sth.  He would have been the brother of Alex Coard who married Mary Scott.  Sadly Maggie died in 1932 but I think they had a couple of children but don't know who they were yet.   I know there where some Coards in Bellevue Street too.

colettemartina

« Reply #412 on: November 16, 2019, 09:25:33 PM »
Hi sara do you know if your grandmother had a brother called William mccomish

maggs24

« Reply #413 on: November 16, 2019, 09:47:27 PM »
Violet mcCormick???   From Wilton street.?   If this is you it's fantastic to hear from you.  How are you keeping? Where are you living? I'm living off  canmore street. Right at the bottom. I would love to hear from you. Haven't seen you in years. Would love to get in touch. You have a daughter lana don't you? Sorry for late reply. Plz reply back I  I really  hope you get this quickly.   :) 

maggs24

« Reply #414 on: November 16, 2019, 09:54:49 PM »
Yeah great times they were.  To be young again lol. Years have flew in. Great times we had. I called for you for school which was cairmartin then. We tried to grow up too quick. How I would luv to go back to them days😁 I really hope to hear from you as soon as possible. Would love to see you again and have catch up.  Plz reply back.  I will tell you all the biz .  😀😀 xx

maggs24

« Reply #415 on: November 16, 2019, 10:11:35 PM »
Hi violet. I'm doing fine. I' was 39 years married on September.  Have two grown up sons. One born in Berlin. The youngest born in ballymena. How are you? Hope your doing well. Need to exchange phone numbers. Would really like to hear from you. I do hope your still on belfast forum. Be great to catch up. 😁😁