Author Topic: i need info about Buck Alex please  (Read 11765 times)

Billy Leith Robinson

Re: i need info about Buck Alex please
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 06:49:08 AM »
i remember the dogs as irish hounds in 1960 when i was a kid, my only visit at age four.

chink

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 03:27:38 PM »
try rushlight

eros

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »
BL Robinson ,I worked with a woman in Michelin she worked in the canteen and she cwas Buck Alex's daughter
Eros  ???
Lest we Forget

Brown low

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 04:17:48 PM »
Alex has a son Denny Robinson who lives about Highfield Estate where he ran an ACE Scheme.

bert53

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 04:31:32 PM »
buck alex

twocoats

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »
buck alex

No matter where you live...

This is a Classic photo....

Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

barry

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
buck alex

This  is  a  great  photo, pity it's of  a  gangster and a thug, some say even a  murderer ??
THAT'S  THE  WAY  I  SEE  IT, THAT'S  THE  WAY I  TELL  IT.

Bigali

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 09:05:39 PM »

This  is  a  great  photo, pity it's of  a  gangster and a thug, some say even a  murderer ??

Yes exactly, some SAY ! I have no doubt he wasn't exactly an angel and he wouldn't have been someone I would have wanted to meet down a dark alley, but a former boss was an old neighbour and believe me this boss was nobody's fool and did not tolerate thugs but he admitted that Buck Alec was a friend to all in his own locality , can anyone offer any proof to his alleged reputation as a killer ?  ???
Tout Prest

barry

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 09:59:28 PM »

Yes exactly, some SAY ! I have no doubt he wasn't exactly an angel and he wouldn't have been someone I would have wanted to meet down a dark alley, but a former boss was an old neighbour and believe me this boss was nobody's fool and did not tolerate thugs but he admitted that Buck Alec was a friend to all in his own locality , can anyone offer any proof to his alleged reputation as a killer ?  ???

Ali, maybe  his  ex-boss  had  a  selective  memory, wouldn't   be the

first time  in the  history  of  of  N/Ire, ( i.e. the Crumwell gang, their

superiors couldn't control them either )  anyway have a read below.

Interned[edit]

As well as being a Special Constable, Robinson was also a member of the loyalist paramilitary group, the Ulster Protestant Association. The group's aim, according to a police report of 1923, was "simply the extermination of Catholics by any and every means".[6] The police thought Robinson, who led a UPA group on Andrews street, was, "a dangerous gunman and leader of a murderous gang". In the press he was known as the "Docklands gunman and bomber" [7]

With the end of the Anglo-Irish war and partition in 1922, Robinson left the USC. After being implicated in several shootings and bombings he was interned in October 1922.[3] Several documents on his detention exist, including a letter from the RUC Commissioner recommending his internment:

"The respectable and law-abiding Protestants and Unionists residing in the area want to have these men taken from the locality at any cost, as they truly state there can be no peace so long as they are at large."

Another police report states:

"No matter what part of the City there is fighting in, he goes there to give a hand. He does not know what fear is, and would go any place to shoot and kill with either rifle, revolver or bomb."

The documents also contain other incidents Robinson was implicated in, including several shootings and a bombing. Robinson was released in 1923 and agreed to relocate to Bolton. He soon returned and was reinterned, and released again in late 1923.[citation needed] His second release may have been secured through the promise that he would move to Chicago where he had relatives. In an interview with the north Belfast playwright Martin Lynch in the 1980s, Robinson claimed he worked for Al Capone and Joseph Kennedy.[5] He was later deported from the United States.[8]
THAT'S  THE  WAY  I  SEE  IT, THAT'S  THE  WAY I  TELL  IT.

Bigali

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 10:08:13 PM »

Ali, maybe  his  ex-boss  had  a  selective  memory, wouldn't   be the

first time  in the  history  of  of  N/Ire, ( i.e. the Crumwell gang, their

superiors couldn't control them either )  anyway have a read below.

Interned[edit]

As well as being a Special Constable, Robinson was also a member of the loyalist paramilitary group, the Ulster Protestant Association. The group's aim, according to a police report of 1923, was "simply the extermination of Catholics by any and every means".[6] The police thought Robinson, who led a UPA group on Andrews street, was, "a dangerous gunman and leader of a murderous gang". In the press he was known as the "Docklands gunman and bomber" [7]

With the end of the Anglo-Irish war and partition in 1922, Robinson left the USC. After being implicated in several shootings and bombings he was interned in October 1922.[3] Several documents on his detention exist, including a letter from the RUC Commissioner recommending his internment:

"The respectable and law-abiding Protestants and Unionists residing in the area want to have these men taken from the locality at any cost, as they truly state there can be no peace so long as they are at large."

Another police report states:

"No matter what part of the City there is fighting in, he goes there to give a hand. He does not know what fear is, and would go any place to shoot and kill with either rifle, revolver or bomb."

The documents also contain other incidents Robinson was implicated in, including several shootings and a bombing. Robinson was released in 1923 and agreed to relocate to Bolton. He soon returned and was reinterned, and released again in late 1923.[citation needed] His second release may have been secured through the promise that he would move to Chicago where he had relatives. In an interview with the north Belfast playwright Martin Lynch in the 1980s, Robinson claimed he worked for Al Capone and Joseph Kennedy.[5] He was later deported from the United States.[8]

Yes Barry , I've read that extract for years and it's straight off Google. The boss I was referring to was an old boss of MINE ! The point remains, any proof of alleged murders committed by Buck Alec ?  ???
Tout Prest

Bigali

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 10:16:09 PM »
It's now acknowledged fact about the Cromwell Gangs activities, shameful as they were.
Tout Prest

twocoats

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 11:53:42 PM »

There is a lot of hearsay going around about Buck Alec...

There have been numerous Posts about him in the past on the Forum...

Some of his Family got to read them and weren't too happy about what was being said...

If you can't say something nice about the dead...

Best to say nothing....

glenb

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 08:52:13 PM »
Read the original thread on this I recommend. My Father knew him (was younger than him) from York St. His neice also comments on the thread.

twocoats

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 10:03:23 PM »
Read the original thread on this I recommend. My Father knew him (was younger than him) from York St. His neice also comments on the thread.

Here is a link to his Grand Daughters post on the subject..

I will also give everyone the original Thread from 8 years ago..

She says it all and she says it well...

twocoats

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »
Sorry about my previous post not having the link..

Here's the link

Author Topic: Buck Alec  (Read 38981 times)

Gingerlynda

Re: Buck Alec

Reply #147 on: April 20, 2008, 07:55:17 AM

Hi Beezer,

I would never put so much personal information on this public forum.
You can contact me privately if you would like to know who I am, and
yes, Curious is also related.

Gingerlynda

p.s.  Lily & Sadie. .proof?  O0

Quote from: beezer on April 19, 2008, 03:38:19 PM

To curious and Gingerlynda.
If it's true what you say about your relationship
to my uncle buck. Then show me some proof.
What street did he live in on york road?
What was his wifes name?
What was his sisters married name who lived at the top of the street.
By the way. If you's are related to my uncle buck it would be great to
know who u's are.
p.s.
have you ever heard his neice sing?
I'f you have. then you'll know me.
Hope to here from ya's.
BEEZER