Author Topic: Ewarts Row Belfast  (Read 9047 times)

CMcG

Re: Ewarts Row Belfast
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2017, 08:42:45 PM »

... Here is the marriage registration for William Majury and Mary Jane McFall, they were married in St Anne's Church of Ireland in 1883, addresses and father's details included: https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1883/10931/5994069.pdf

The 1911 census return for William and Mary Jane (McFall) Majury of 133 Louisa Street roughly corroborates the birth years indicated by their marriage record  previously posted at reply #24:
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Clifton/Louisa_Street/184438/

Struggling to find a birth/baptism for William Majury, but there was a baptism on 13 August 1859 in St. Matthew's Church of Ireland, Belfast,  for a Mary J McFall whose parents were recorded  as Thomas McFall and Mary Hazlett of Ewart's Row, so sounds promising (there's no birth record - it was pre civil registration). Thomas McFall and Mary Hazlett also had a son Thomas McFall baptised in Belfast on 17 June 1863, the baptism record gave a date of birth as 23 May 1863, an address of Ewart's Row and Thomas' occupation as 'Oiler'.

Thomas McFall and Mary Hazlett also had a daughter Maria Johnston McFall in 1867 at Ewart's Row, full details here, a baptism record for this child confirms father Thomas was an 'oiler in mill':
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1867/03488/2282118.pdf

(BTW, see how that name Maria Johnston McFall repeats itself as one of the children of William Majury and Mary Jane McFall in the 1901 census return for Louisa Street previously posted at reply #23.)

I can also see a John born to Thomas McFall and Mary Hazlett in 1873 (note how the surname is sometimes McFalls):
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1873/03213/2178386.pdf

I can see a transcribed church record for a marriage of a Thomas McFall to a Mary Heslipp, it took place on 19 February 1855 in St. Anne's Church of Ireland Belfast.  The groom was described as a 21 year old oilman, the son of William McFall a labourer. The bride was described as the 19 year old daughter of John Heslipp, a soldier. Heslipp might simply be a mistranscription of Hazlett.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

shadedgirl

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2017, 10:25:11 PM »
Oh wow, thank you ever so much for all this information about the Majurys and Pearson / parsons ! This is all wonderful and I really appreciate you going into such depth and details for me. I believe that Maria McFall Majury was an aunt of Isabella Majury (my great grandmother) and that they both married into the McGregors.

Isabella married Duncan McGregor (my great grandmother and great  grandfather) whilst Maria married George McGregor (my great grandfathers brother). They went to Canada in 1922.

I can't express my appreciation enough, thank you again:)

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 08:01:36 AM »
Shade girl my mother in law is Norma majury whose mother was Isabella majury fro  ewarts row.

shadedgirl

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2017, 06:07:36 PM »
Oh wow Jimmy! My mum knew of the names of Isabella Majurys daughters and had mentioned Norma, I believe that Maria McGregor nee Majury and George McGregor had a daughter who they named after Norma. I can't believe it! :)

Deramoregreen

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 09:15:43 PM »
Does anyone have any info on Ewarts Row Belfast. My both sets of great grandparents lived at 95 & 108 Ewarts Row in 1926. I was wondering if anyone had pictures. There surname s where David Lamour and my other great grandparents where called William Shaw. Please email me if you have any info.

Jan Sid ::)

Deramoregreen

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2017, 09:19:07 PM »
i know this is an old post,my great grandfather was David Larmour.

Darren Taylor

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2019, 11:18:24 AM »
Hi

Just adding to the list of residents of Ewarts Row.

My grandparents lived at 49 Ewarts Row when my Mum was born in 1927. My Mum was Roselea Rowan and her parents, William and Jane( nee Simpson) Rowan.

Also, my great uncle, Edward Rowan, is stated as living at the same address when his will was executed in 1941. Edward was killed when a torpedo fired by a U-boat sank his ship in 1940. The will leaves money to Margaret Rowan, widow, which I think is Edwards mother.

You must be related to me then Roselea Rowan was my aunt, as my mother is  her sister Daisy Rowan (Taylor) now 83 years in WIGAN England, Iím on the heritage site

Darren Taylor

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2019, 11:49:17 AM »
So you will be related to me as Roselea was my aunt, as Daisy is her sister ( my mother)  any more information let me know.
My email is on my profile

jansidd

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2019, 02:31:40 AM »
Hi My grand father and great grandfather where called David Larmour from Ewarts Row. My grandfather married Jeanine Shaw, I believe they lived at 103 Ewarts Row.  :) . Would love to hear from you.