Author Topic: Smoking Ban and Gigs  (Read 1780 times)

gefling

Smoking Ban and Gigs
« on: April 16, 2007, 11:44:42 PM »
Hi

I'm hoping to put together a package for Across The Line on BBC Radio Ulster with regards to the smoking ban coming in at the end of the month.

I'm looking to speak to people who are planning to go to more gigs with the smoking ban in place, and how they haven't been to as many gigs in the past because of smoking in pubs.

Also looking to speak to maybe a couple who have meet via smirting (getting a cigarette of a friend to go out and flirt with smokers - Down south or Scotland)

Please contact me.

Many Thanks,

Amy

Christopher

Re: Smoking Ban and Gigs
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 11:53:51 PM »
Hiya Amy,

Welcome to the Forum.

Smoking / Gigs and Cosmetic Surgery. Great subjects. I hope you get a good response to your posts from Forum members. I think some of the other BBC programmes are tackling the state of the cemeteries in Belfast which is one of the serious issues that should be tackled in the city and is annoying the members of the Forum as nothing appears to be happening.

Christopher

denmagic

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 10:38:56 AM »
Hi Amy

I work in the entertainment industry as a mobile DJ and I can't wait for the ban.  It isn't just the revellers at gigs who are affected by the smoke but those who work in the industry.  At the end of a gig my clothes and equipment reek of foul stale smoke, God only knows what damage is being done to my lungs.

Personally the smoke situation puts me off going out to venues.  After the ban I plan to go out more often but only to venues that provide soap, hot water and hand drying facilities.  ;D (you'd be surprised how many can't provide these basic things)   

(_8())

..It's a Kind of Magic!

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 07:18:28 PM »

...  but only to venues that provide soap, hot water and hand drying facilities.  ;D (you'd be surprised how many can't provide these basic things)   

(_8())

Where are you working Den ??? In the caves on Cavehill ??? It staggers me that in the 21st century the basics to clean your hands and maybe wash your face are not provided.