Author Topic: Lower end of Spamount Street  (Read 52180 times)

apalachie

Re: Lower end of Spamount Street
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2010, 07:17:08 PM »
;) 

:good: :D

Good honest answer, so yer from North Belfast
NLR born and reared, got married and moved up the cavehill at 20, still here but sadly on my own. :(
                                                                                        Slan for now, Apalachie.

Oh for all our yesterdays.

Sally Ann

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2010, 12:19:19 AM »
           Hi Sally Ann, are you using the right wattage of bulbs as to many on the one fitting will cause them to constantly blow, by the way I love that word SCULLERY. :smile:
                                                                                  Slan, Apalachie.

God I love you Apalachie!! :air_kiss:   Why didn't I think of that?  Oh! Wait! We have used the same Watts of bulbs that came with it, but hey, anyone to blame is my OH!  ;)   (Sally Ann toddles off, IQ intact! :D )

NLR born and reared, got married and moved up the cavehill at 20, still here but sadly on my own. :(
                                                                                        Slan for now, Apalachie.

Well I hope you are coming to the MEET, next Saturday, 4th Dec, Crown Bar @ 19.00 hours!  No excuses now!  Just be there or we will give you a hard time on here if you're a no show!  :girl_blum:
I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

apalachie

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2010, 04:02:27 AM »

God I love you Apalachie!! :air_kiss:   Why didn't I think of that?  Oh! Wait! We have used the same Watts of bulbs that came with it, but hey, anyone to blame is my OH!  ;)   (Sally Ann toddles off, IQ intact! :D )

Well I hope you are coming to the MEET, next Saturday, 4th Dec, Crown Bar @ 19.00 hours!  No excuses now!  Just be there or we will give you a hard time on here if you're a no show!  :girl_blum:

Sorry Sally Ann but I currently work as a Taxi Driver so a Saturday is definately a NO NO but you never no you might see me sitting outside were your having your Pow Wow.
                                                                                   Slan for now, Apalachie.

geraldine williamson

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 09:25:55 AM »
I have sent numerous e-mails about my wee brother Geraldo RIP, but you don't seem to be receiving them, where am I going wrong?  and remember you are not a pest, thanks for taking the interest in Geraldo.  GW.

jillyfred

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2011, 07:21:29 PM »
Does anyone remember a Family called Brennan in Spamount Street?
Probably 1960`s and 1970`s.
Jillyfred

apalachie

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »
Does anyone remember a Family called Brennan in Spamount Street?
Probably 1960`s and 1970`s.
Jillyfred
Did they own a shop at the corner of Edlingham St?

jillyfred

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2011, 08:50:21 PM »
Hello Alapachie,
Yes they did own a shop but I do not know if it was on that corner.
They were Ella and John and one son called Brian.
They lived above the shop.
John died when Brian was about 8. His Mum and Auntie Pearl worked in
the shop up until the 1970`s as far as I know.

Jillyfred

Dickie

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2011, 10:04:54 PM »
Hello Mucker,

I was talking to Jim on Friday and he had heard about this post. We had a good old yarn about thegood old days. But he told me that you have got your story mixed up. What happened was a girl called Blakely was sadly killed in an explosion, she was from Newington. The girls brother was in your class and Jim was asked to go home with the lad. Jim gave me his phone number and if Jimm agrees I will give it to you, give me a PM.

Hi There Dickie
I went to school with a Jim McGuigan who I beleive lived in Spamount Street and from memory he lost a sister in an explosion as I have vauge memories of him being called out of the class on the day it happened.
Would anyone know of his whereabouts??

Thanks
Mucker

f uf
What a marvellous night for a Moondance

smamount st

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2011, 07:11:38 PM »
Hi there JohnMc, I can't recall any of these name you asked about, Reagans, Rileys or McWilliams etc.  Have racked my brains though.  The old grey matter ain't what it used to be!

Facing Anna McMullan's house, on the other side of Spamount St, there was a family who had an older girl, I think she was very shy and older than my sis and I.  She used to get The Red Star weekly and all those girlie magazines and give them to us when she finished them.  Used to talk on the doorstep for many an hour, lovely wee lady she was.  Don't know her name, but they let us play ball against her gable wall which led into Trainfield St.  Very odd family I think, but nice with it, never bothered with anyone in the streets.

Did you know Chrissie Hall and her mother Rosie, she was a lone mother, also in Trainfield on far side of us.  And Martha Walls and her family.  She had a sister who was Ellen Walls who suffered "sleepy sickne" and used to go about in old clothes trying to link up with anyone, think she had Parkinson's cause she shook all over.  Felt sorry for her but was afraid too...  GW

smamount st

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2011, 09:38:12 PM »

The Regan's and Reilly's were my cousins, I'm Maurice O'Connor, we lived at 40 Spamount St, my siblings are,Doreen, Kevin,RIP,Brian,RIP, Raymond,Mona,Yvonne,Imelda,Stella,Colm,Leo and Joan.
            Kevin and me both worked at the docks, our father was foreman there and went by the name of Big Dan.

first Ray

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2011, 03:01:01 AM »

The Regan's and Reilly's were my cousins, I'm Maurice O'Connor, we lived at 40 Spamount St, my siblings are,Doreen, Kevin,RIP,Brian,RIP, Raymond,Mona,Yvonne,Imelda,Stella,Colm,Leo and Joan.
            Kevin and me both worked at the docks, our father was foreman there and went by the name of Big Dan.
Im happy to have found this  Site . Im Ray O Connor from # 40 also . I really enjoy the comments in here. I went to the Holy Family school then Hardinge St for  a wee while. I then went to sea sailing on the Harpula a Shell tanker on its maiden vogage out of Belfast. I finally settled down in Chicago Ill. and now I bought a place in Sarasota Florida where I am now. I travel between Chicago and Florida several times a year . My Siblings are in California ; Chicago  and S. Africa .with several staying in Belfast . A lot of the names mentioned ring a bell but Ive been gone a long time. Good Luck All .

sj

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2011, 03:54:38 AM »

Hello Maurice....it is a small world.
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

smamount st

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2011, 05:59:54 PM »

Hello Maurice....it is a small world.

Dickie

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2011, 09:58:36 PM »
Hello smamount,

I remember well my father talking about Big Dan O Connor. Your Father gave out the slips (receipts to work) for the boats, I remember my father saying Big Dan would look after him. I was in the Dockers Club a couple of weeks ago and it was a time warp, Brian McCann singing, and Big Dan OHara behind the bar.  small world

What a marvellous night for a Moondance

first Ray

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2011, 02:58:43 PM »
 Maurice ; These computers are amazing . You must be my long lost brother ; and Big Dan was my Da living in # 40 . I recall a lot of the names and places mentioned  but my memory is foggy . Do you remember me loaning you thrupence for the Duncairn Pics and sixpence for Lyceum ? Let bygones be bygones Ill stay poor . The best of luck to all present and former residents of Spamount St. I miss it .   Ray,

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy