Author Topic: New Lodge Road Chippie  (Read 14919 times)

johnmc

Re: New Lodge Road Chippie
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2011, 01:48:09 PM »
 :hi: Hello DG  Did you ever get into Dossers through the window into Peggy Dullihans studio on a Sat night? Thats if Tommy on the door wouldn,t let you in if you were too p---d     Johnmc

dogface

« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2011, 09:56:54 PM »
yes TOMMY would not let 2 of us in  so the mates opened  back window easy peasy
hold yer head up,there bidding for you

patrick altimas

« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2011, 02:50:29 PM »
yes TOMMY would not let 2 of us in  so the mates opened  back window easy peasy
hi i lived in newlodge all through the 60s we lived ashton street and yea the chippy was called nuu luuk billy reaves worked in it lol we wer the altimas family
:smile: ;)   Does anbody remember the chip-shop on the New Lodge Rd?  We used to get our fish and chips from them in the 50's.  I think they also sold Italian ice-cream with sasbarella (is this right spelling, it was red raspberry sauce) what a treat!  We used to eat the half of them on the way back to Trainfield St where we lived and my mother used to be raging!!  GW.

patrick altimas

« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2011, 05:50:02 PM »
the best chippie i new was silver key duncairn graden it was great and for morelis shop does anybody remember the ping pong machine on the wall the bigger ones used tolift me up to hold the bell so they could play without being caught and chucked out

Peter Kelly is my brotherinlaw he still has a chippe up the Shaw's road. he is not to well at the moment

maryp

« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2015, 06:18:52 AM »
The COX FAMILY LIVED ACROSS THE STREET FROM THAT CHIPPIE

maryp

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2015, 04:03:16 AM »
Do u remember a family called Linseys that lived in Trainfield St in the mid 1950s think he was did house repairs.

geraldine williamson

« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2015, 11:36:45 AM »
Do u remember a family called Linseys that lived in Trainfield St in the mid 1950s think he was did house repairs.
No I  :( don't recall they lived in Trainfield St, but Cassie insey lived just off Lepper Street, would this be the one?

chi

« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2015, 04:42:21 PM »
No I  :( don't recall they lived in Trainfield St, but Cassie insey lived just off Lepper Street, would this be the one?

Geraldine did you know a
Theresa Philips who lived
on Lepper St?
ďNobody can hurt me without my permission.Ē

Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness  for weakness.

geraldine williamson

« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2015, 07:24:34 PM »
Hi there, No sorry that name doesn't ring any bells.  Paddy Cullen lived there and paled around with my brothers in the 50's.  Cheers Gerry  :)

Jandi

« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2018, 06:07:51 PM »
Hi guys, my great grandfather was from Newlodge Road, Patrick McWIlliams and married Nora Connolly. Patricks parents where Arthur McWIlliams and Bridget McKinley.

My grandfather was Edmund McWIlliams, known as Eddie and lived on Artillery Street, Belfast and married my Grandmother Christina Bell from Thomas Street.

Edmund, my grandfather had 3 brothers, Arthur, Bernard known as barney and joe who was a known artist in NI.

Family from both Rostrevor and Belfast and have connections in Ballycastle also.

Iím hoping for some information.

Jay

sj

« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2018, 11:22:01 PM »
Hi guys, my great grandfather was from Newlodge Road, Patrick McWIlliams and married Nora Connolly. Patricks parents where Arthur McWIlliams and Bridget McKinley.

My grandfather was Edmund McWIlliams, known as Eddie and lived on Artillery Street, Belfast and married my Grandmother Christina Bell from Thomas Street.

Edmund, my grandfather had 3 brothers, Arthur, Bernard known as barney and joe who was a known artist in NI.

Family from both Rostrevor and Belfast and have connections in Ballycastle also.

Iím hoping for some information.

Jay

Hello Jay,
Nora Connelly and all those people are known to me.  I met Joe Mc Williams but you might know all that .  The relation in Ballycastle had a mother called Sinclair .  You can send me a p.m. message but I also would be interested if any of the O'Neills from around the area could contact us and let us know their names as they are  also relations.   Maria and Kevin are two whom I know well.  Kevin lives around Brookvale and Maria lives in Dunkeld Gdns but I can't remember her husband's name.   The Mc Kinley whom you know had a sister and she married Charles O'Neill.  We have relations in America.
Look forward to the P.M.  I had thought of posting on the forum but never did so this is a good idea but maybe the genelogy thread also.
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

roentgen

« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2018, 06:01:58 PM »
I'm Sure Morelli's sold Ice Cream, My Dad took me there on some Friday nights.  I dont remember a fish, and chip shop on the New Lodge growing up in Hartwell Street.  I remember what I called as a child Q'D' Simpsons on the corner of Hartwell street, then a Chemist, then waste ground from WW2 bombing. Across from the waste ground Morelli's.

Myles

sj

« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2018, 11:32:54 PM »
Morellis always sold and made their own ice cream.  One Morellis was on the N.L.R. amd the other was on the cornrt of Stratheden St and Edlingham St. :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

chrishunter110

« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2020, 05:31:12 PM »
Jandi I have traced to your McWilliams family from Ballycastle via the sinclairs, and have plenty of information if you can pm me