Author Topic: New Lodge Road Chippie  (Read 14829 times)

sj

Re: New Lodge Road Chippie
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 02:10:03 PM »
Geraldine...the sauce put on the ice cream was raspberry.  Morellis was the ice cream shop but there wasn't a worthwhile fish & chip shop on the N.L. in the 1950's .  Most people would go to the Moyolla( Duncairn Gdns) or the Cosy Cafe at the top of the N.L.and just where the taxi company is today. ;)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

dogface

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 11:51:51 PM »
youre older than u let on sj
hold yer head up,there bidding for you

sj

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 01:22:43 AM »
youre older than u let on sj

I have a wonderful memory. .I remember being in the Cosy Cafe on the week that Buddy Holly died and someone in the queue put on Holly's record " Crying in the Rain" .there was total silence in the shop during the playing of the record. :(

sj

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 01:24:21 AM »
There was anothet fish and chip shop on the corner of Dawson St where a large number of people from the New Lodge people  ;) went .

sj

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 01:29:19 AM »
Geraldine...the sauce put on the ice cream was raspberry.  Morellis was the ice cream shop but there wasn't a worthwhile fish & chip shop on the N.L. in the 1950's .  Most people would go to the Moyolla( Duncairn Gdns) or the Cosy Cafe at the top of the N.L.and just where the taxi company is today. ;)

THERE WAS A FISH AND CHIP SHOP JUST ABOVE LEPPER ST IN THE 1950'S GERALDINE .   Is that the one that became Tucker Kelly's? ;)

johnmc

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 12:51:26 PM »
 :hi: Hello Sam   There was a chippie opposite Burlington St  We went there quite often. The name Peelio is in my head but I may be getting it mixwed up with a chippie on Nth Queen St.
        Did Peter Kelly live up round the top end of Dawson St ?        Johnmc

sj

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 01:29:49 PM »
Sean....as I like to call you.  I don't know.I went to school with a Tucker Kelly who was a good singer and won a few competitions but I can't recall where he lived.
How are you? ;)

cyprus girl

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 04:38:14 PM »
I have a wonderful memory. .I remember being in the Cosy Cafe on the week that Buddy Holly died and someone in the queue put on Holly's record " Crying in the Rain" .there was total silence in the shop during the playing of the record. :(
SJ I'm not nit picking here but I think the song you are referring to is called Raining in my Heart :smile: ...CG
Queenio, queenio who's got the ball-eo

sj

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 10:45:31 PM »
SJ I'm not nit picking here but I think the song you are referring to is called Raining in my Heart :smile: ...CG

You're right ...so the little grey cells are not so good. .maybe I cried in the rain " all the way home " ;)

sj

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 10:49:35 PM »
:hi: Hello Sam   There was a chippie opposite Burlington St  We went there quite often. The name Peelio is in my head but I may be getting it mixwed up with a chippie on Nth Queen St.
        Did Peter Kelly live up round the top end of Dawson St ?        Johnmc

Sean ...that's the one that I am talking about and I think that it much later became Tucker Kelly's. .but I don't know Peter kELLY. ;)

dogface

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »
original kellys chippie was tucker and peters uncle also called peter the chippie was  named THE SAVOY on nth queen street/ little georges street
hold yer head up,there bidding for you

sj

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »
original kellys chippie was tucker and peters uncle also called peter the chippie was  named THE SAVOY on nth queen street/ little georges street

G'day Dogface :D

apalachie

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 03:38:26 AM »
The chippie you are referring to I can,t remember the original name of, but it was facing burlington St. It was  wrecked at the start of the troubles and a local woman who worked in it at the time called Mary Penney took it over for a few years and then sold it to Tucker Kelly who kept for a few years and then it became a chinese. There were 2 Morelli,s ice cream parlours within spitting distance of each other, Nucci,s @ Arlington St and New Lodge Rd and Alfies @ corner of Edlingham St and Stratheden St.
Oh for all our yesterdays.

sj

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 03:33:59 AM »
Are you related to the Morellis.  I went to school with Joe Morelli. ;)

tim mcwilliams

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 06:23:54 AM »
Looking for information about mcwilliams family   tmac cincinnati ohio