Author Topic: New Lodge Road Chippie  (Read 14830 times)

kevben

Re: New Lodge Road Chippie
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 10:48:26 PM »
which mc williams,are they originally from nth thomas street,sailortown,if so i know of them.they were a big family.

tim mcwilliams

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 05:42:27 AM »
my father  lived at 76 marine st , his brother matt mcwilliams married anna   

tim mcwilliams

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 05:46:02 AM »
my father patrick mcwilliams lived at 76 marine st,his brother matt married anna flannigan from north thomas st and i think they had 17 kids.they moved up to the new lodge rd.

kevben

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 10:13:50 PM »
i know them all,3 of my sisters went about with 3 of matts daughters,kathleen,pauline and dolores.un fortunately my eldest sis eleanor died last year she went about with kathleen.matts daughter bernadette passed away afew years ago as did his son joey who was 1 of lifes gentlemen as far as i,m concerned.

nikki06xxx

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »
hi tim i live in the new lodge with jimmy's son you added him on facebook yesterday.

clare12369

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 12:03:31 PM »
My mother-in law is one of Anna & Matt's daughters. :)

Dickie

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 08:31:34 PM »
Aplalachi is right, Mary Penny had a chippy on the New Lodge early 70's. It was wrecked I think by the the Brits and she sold it to Tucker Kelly. He had it for many years, famous for his huge home made pasties. Was the Nu-Look not the laundreette, it had the showers upstairs.

My brother has asked me to mention Billy's ice cream van , anyone remember it.
What a marvellous night for a Moondance

apalachie

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 03:04:23 AM »
ARE we talking Billy Morelli, if so he lives on the Antrim Rd and drives a taxi now.
Oh for all our yesterdays.

mec

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2011, 12:46:35 AM »
ARE we talking Billy Morelli, if so he lives on the Antrim Rd and drives a taxi now.
Billy doesnt drive a taxi and as far as I know he never has...he had an ice cream van and his dad owned the ice cream shop up the New Lodge.

apalachie

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2011, 10:40:55 PM »
l
Billy doesnt drive a taxi and as far as I know he never has...he had an ice cream van and his dad owned the ice cream shop up the New Lodge.
Well Mec, I think you are a wee bit behind the times, yes I know he drove an ice cream van for donkeys years    like his bros Bobby and Tony but about 3 years ago he started driving a taxi for the depot in Donegal St, facing St Pats but I don,t know if he,s still driving a taxi but he,s defo not selling ice cream anymore.

sj

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2011, 01:51:00 AM »
Do you remember Joe Morelli....he was one of the bothers. .is Joe dead?
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

apalachie

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2011, 02:10:25 AM »
Sorry sj but I can,t remember Joe. I was just looking through the old "new lodge" thread and I SEE YOU USED TO CHUM WITH BIG BILLY DARRAGH, IF IT,S THE SAME ONE I WORKED WITH HIM MANY YEARS AGO, HE WAS LIVING DOWN THE 2ND BLOCK OF UPPER MEADOW THEN BUT HE,S NOW LIVING OVER THE FALLS. A TRUE GENT, HAD MANY A PINT IN THE PHOENIX WITH HIM, HAVE,NT SEEN HIM IN ABOUT 4 YEARS.

sj

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2011, 02:23:26 AM »
Apalachie,

That's the bloke.  He went to school with me and we lived around the corner from one another.  He lived on Hallidays Rd and we lived at the top of Spamount St.  He hada brother , can't remember his name but might have been Tommy and two sisters . One was Maureen and the other's name escapes me.  It's a pity that he has moved.  I last saw him in about 1977.
Joe Morelli went to the same school and I remember Tony was his brother but someone told me that Joe died....good to talk to you.
It 's lunch time in Australia so I must eat...you are up late. ;)

apalachie

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2011, 05:32:29 AM »
sj, going through the old New Lodge thread I see Kevben posted that Joe is indeed passed on rip. I also see Billy is one and the same as you mention his sister Maureen "RIP" who was married to Joe D "RIP", If I see Big Billy I,ll say you were asking about him, He lives up around Clonard now. The D,s were another Walbeck St family, they lived next door to my grandparents.

sj

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2011, 07:16:08 AM »
sj, going through the old New Lodge thread I see Kevben posted that Joe is indeed passed on rip. I also see Billy is one and the same as you mention his sister Maureen "RIP" who was married to Joe D "RIP", If I see Big Billy I,ll say you were asking about him, He lives up around Clonard now. The D,s were another Walbeck St family, they lived next door to my grandparents.

Then you would have know my cousins ..the " O'Neills".,...of course you talked about knowing Desi.
I wasn't from that area.....Billy and I lived near the Star of the Sea.