Author Topic: carrickfergus  (Read 35059 times)

harrydunn

Re: carrickfergus
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 10:54:07 AM »
Carrickfergus is lovely but they letting the shops go to pot!!!  Last year we had a great farmers street market and it was brill but they did'nt do it this year!!! The pics are lovely thank you I moved here 28 years ago so it almost home now :D Oh Doffer wish had known you then we could have met up :air_kiss:

we moved here 42 years ago love the place there have been many changes over the years, even after 42 years we are still considered blowins by the old folk but in a friendly way :smile: :smile:

Patsy-Ann

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 11:10:11 AM »
Think there more ex townies here now but do think it a friendly place.  I have always felt accepted here and the shops that exist are so helpful!!! Do you open your door in the morning and smell the sea?  Love that :smile:
We make a living by what we get...We make a life by what we Give.

Geraldine

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 11:34:01 AM »
Think there more ex townies here now but do think it a friendly place.  I have always felt accepted here and the shops that exist are so helpful!!! Do you open your door in the morning and smell the sea?  Love that :smile:

Oh Patsy Ann,I wish!!!
For to be free is not merely to cast off ones chains but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.          Nelson Mandela

Patsy-Ann

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 11:37:15 AM »
Oh Geraldine wish you were here love.  If could parcel it I'd send it to you :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss:
We make a living by what we get...We make a life by what we Give.

Geraldine

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
Oh Geraldine wish you were here love.  If could parcel it I'd send it to you :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss:

Thanks love!!!!
When I lived at home I did not appreciate how close we were to the sea!!
Here the nearest sea is a 7 hour drive!! :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss:
For to be free is not merely to cast off ones chains but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.          Nelson Mandela

justluvbeingme

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »
Ah, would love to live by the sea,  its on my list of things to do. maybe next year, the country would be nice as well. fed up with the smokey city.
would love to take a great breath of fresh air but its almost impossible now.
jus,

irish colleen

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 05:37:58 PM »
Ah, would love to live by the sea,  its on my list of things to do. maybe next year, the country would be nice as well. fed up with the smokey city.
would love to take a great breath of fresh air but its almost impossible now.
jus,
;) ;) :scratch_ones_head: :swoon: Hi jus !!!! I have a loely wee house in washington state US right near the beach lovely salt air I"ll sell ya it if you want ?????????? then you can have all the sea air and even fishing if ya want   ;)
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

justluvbeingme

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 11:53:23 PM »
;) ;) :scratch_ones_head: :swoon: Hi jus !!!! I have a loely wee house in washington state US right near the beach lovely salt air I"ll sell ya it if you want :scratch_ones_head: :scratch_ones_head: :scratch_ones_head: ? then you can have all the sea air and even fishing if ya want   ;)

brilliant irish colleen, just what i need, will give ya a shout when i win the lottery.
 :smile: :smile:
jus

irish colleen

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 04:27:43 PM »
Carrickman,  Here are some photos of Carrick.  I hope this brightens up your day.

These were taken recently.   :smile: Oh jonty just love all your photos they are wonderful its as good as a trip home almost any of around carnlough area ????? it was a great place too keep the pics coming  :air_kiss: :smile:

HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

carrickman

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 05:54:28 AM »
memories ,got to get home for a wee trip

Burnsy

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 06:21:01 AM »
Oh come on people...wise up....Carrickfergus was, and still is the most boring [censored] place in all of Northern Ireland.

Dobbins is a hole.  :D

Expect for McMahon's butchers
It's Nice to be Nice.!!

McNamee

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 05:03:34 PM »
Get a life Burnsy.

ontheboats

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 06:03:21 PM »
Oh come on people...wise up....Carrickfergus was, and still is the most boring [censored] place in all of Northern Ireland.

Dobbins is a hole.  :D

Expect for McMahon's butchers
I had two pints of Harp and four Bacardi&Coke in Dobbins last night. hole or not I enjoyed being there.

jonnty

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 08:29:27 PM »
Irish Colleen,

Here's some Carnlough photos for you. 

jonnty

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »