Author Topic: Any Ballygo former pupils out there.  (Read 33122 times)

Billy Mcc

Re: Any Ballygo former pupils out there.
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2019, 09:34:14 PM »
Went to Ballygo 64-68 I knew all those mentioned on William Corbett's reply. I went to Charters Memorial, Argyle  Primary then Ballygo. If Bill (duck) Donald is still out there. Please contact.

Billy Mcc

« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2019, 06:21:30 AM »
Hi William I went to Ballygo 64-68. I remember you in Mr. McComb's class in Argyle Primary, I was also in Mrs. Anderson's Class and Mr. Crighton (Various ways of spelling this name but this is how we pronounced it) who was quite handy with the cane. I would like to get in touch with Bill (duck) Donald if you could help. I started Ballygo in Sept. 64 class 1.O pronounced one O, Jasper was the form teacher progressed to 2G2, 3G2 & 4G2 and left in June 68. Lots of memories and would like to contact anyone who is interested in a reunion. Regards.

Billy Mcc

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2019, 02:35:26 PM »
William I have cut and pasted this from Friends Re-united, so I think my old memory cells aren't to bad ;) I have also deleted some info from it as well.

Started off school at Charters memorial, then to Argyle St Primary.

Pupils from Argyle & Charters.
9/01/09 JUST REMEMBERED ROGER ABROL WHO WAS AN ASIAN LAD .
Wlliam McCausland (moved to Brown SQ Primary, William died 10 years ago in England aged 45) Miriam Braden, Norman McAdams (Died Jan 08) Margaret Foulke, Dennis Taggart, (Dennis was murdered by the IRA) Margaret Gillespie, Norman Shannon, Eddie McGregor, Dennis Morton, Mavis Gibney, Linda Swindle, Phebie Gates, Barbara Cowan, Joe Smith, Isaac King, Philip Berkley, Geordie Pitman, Trevor Douglas, Molly McAlister Billy Manderson, Ann ------(Lived facing the caretaker's house), Albert Quigg, Florence King, Eleanor Hamill, Bill Thompson,Robert Adair, Eddie McIlwaine, Francis Swain, Jean Gilmore(deceased), Harry Johnson, Alan Paterson, David Rainey John (Beef) McComb Barbara Butler, George Sheridan, Eva Tracey, Harold Monaghan, William Harkness,Gerald McCaig, Robert Massey, Sammy Millar and Norman Hart 11/09/03 Robert Moffat Frank McFarland
These names were remembered by Beef McComb Robert White, Billy Houston & Drew Mulgrew.
Linda Rossborough contacted me asking if I didn't remember her, of course I remember her and her brothers Len and Jim. I'm sure they lived about Wigton St. Sorry for the omission linda but I'm sure you would agree I have done rather well.
Have I missed anyone else?

Went to Ballygo in 64 and Left in 69.
Can anyone remember these pupils, some started off in "1P" in 1964, others were dispersed to G1 the majority stayed in G2 I can't remember if there was a G3 and I think there were H classes.
Jackie Kerr, David McLaughlin, Sam McGaw, Norman Godfrey, Victor Johnson, Peter Black, Bill Taggart, Raymond Press, Beef McComb, Jim Donaldson, Fitzy Fitzgerald, Colin Weldon, Jackie Little, John Hall, Drew Harris, Ivan Martin, john Hamilton, Colin Kirkpatrick, Jackie Madine (Deceased), Bryce Martin (Deceased) Barry McCracken, Thomas Telford, Noel Sedgewick, Sam Sedgewick, Billy Dines, Robert Best,
--- Docherty, Billy Lewis, John Johnston, Roy Clarke, Billy Hazley, Alex Mcwilliams, (Alex's Mate George Baillie, not sure about the surname) Gary Finlay, William Corbet now Rev I am told, Bunter McCrudden, Tony McKittrick, John Nichol, ---- Walker, Bill (Duck) Donald Jim Neil Joe Mcferran Arthur Wibberley Michael Martin Colin Coyle Ken McCabe Thomas Whiteside Thomas Grainger Sammy Redpath Victor Hooks Robert Morrow Roderick McFarland William McClurg Wesley Sterling Jacky Graham.
Thomas Kielty  "LESLIE MAGILL" (added 20/11/08)
Face flashed through my mind, dug deep to put a name to it, I managed Magill. Emailed Drew Harris, John Hamilton & Bill Donald for help with the first name. Bill Donald came back with Leslie within a couple of hours. Leslie if you read this give us a post, well done Bill especially as you are upside down!

Hows that for memory can you fill in the --- or can you add names to the list.
 *Fathers Day 02 walked into an olde worlde Inn in Essex for a Sunday Lunch, bumped into Beef McComb, small world.
Thanks to Joyce (McCullough)Brown in Australia for correcting me with Ducks surname.
Thanks to Drew Harris for filling in the Christian names of David McLaughlin & Bill Taggart
Thanks to John Hamilton in Canada who remembered Wesley Sterling.
Jacky Graham's name came to surface when John Hamilton, John Nicholl and myself met up in Belfast for the first time in nearly 33 years. We had lunch, a few drinks and a good old trip down memory lane.
09 Nov 02 Chatting with Beef McComb and we came up with the name Sammy Millar who used to live in Argyle St and went to School with us, come on Sammy drop us a line.
In the same year was Tom Finney who later went on to play for N Ireland. I used coach a Jewson Premier league side, Maldon Town FC, and I met Tom When we played Cambridge City In the FA Cup a couple of years ago. Tom lives in cambridge, now drives for a living and was on Cambridge City's coaching staff.
Teachers, Harry wilson, Logan (History), Redpath (Maths), Wilkinson (Science), McGucken (Geography) Morrow (Art), Davidson (Metalwork),  McIntyre (Tech Drawing), Keenan (RE), Wilson (PE) Bingham (PE) Boyden? (PE) Wee Willy Wlliamson (Woodwork)
Cheyenne Armstrong (Science) Dornan (collected dog ends) McCormack (Music) Donaldson "Beatnic"(Art) Tedford. Flynn (English) Gibson (Science)
Other Teachers Ruddle, Reid, Jelly Morrow and of course Chuck Caldwell.
Hi Hendy, just found this forum, I'm on your list above. I left Belfast in July 68, Iv'e returned a few times on holiday I now live near the city of Chester. Regards.
billy Mcc