Author Topic: mossley mill today  (Read 7749 times)

harrydunn

Re: mossley mill today
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 08:23:03 PM »
bump I have bumped this topic up, I don't remember deleting any of my photos from it or ever using tiny pic for posting I will try and retrieve the missing files and repost them

CMcG

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »

Here's a wee photo of Mossley Mill, circa 1965:

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

CMcG

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2015, 01:59:11 PM »
And from the same era, one of the many swans that frequented the mill dam, pictured from within the mill grounds (with the "G.C Limited" factory in the background):

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

michelles4804

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2017, 11:38:53 AM »
My grandmother Meta Steele (nee Thompson) worked here years ago when she first moved to Mossley. She was married to Mr David Steele. he passed away on 10th January 2013. If anyone worked with my granny then get in touch. she would love to hear from anyone who remembered her. we move from mossley to Ballyclare November 1988 and we used to live in the elderburn estate near the school. god bless

Robert C

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2020, 02:14:53 AM »
Here's a wee photo of Mossley Mill, circa 1965:

Have you any more pics like these, i grew up here and used to ride up the mill ave on my pushbike doing my paper round. All my family worked in the mill but i have no photos and i'm fascinated. Thanks.

harrydunn

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2020, 03:43:56 PM »
I am very busy at present but will search them out and post as soon as possible.
Harry Dunn.

Robert C

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2020, 12:09:40 AM »
I am very busy at present but will search them out and post as soon as possible.
Harry Dunn.

Would be very much appreciated Harry thank you, i took the kids to Mossley today, we brought the bikes on the rack and cycled the newtownabbey way.

The tree still has the rope on it out the back of the mill where we used to swing out over the river. very nostalgic trip indeed.

CMcG

CMcG

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2020, 01:20:14 AM »

harrydunn

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2020, 10:26:26 AM »
Robert the only photos I have are of the Museum in the mill the photos you are looking for I copied out of a book I no longer have, if the Museum photos are of any use I can repost them

Robert C

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2020, 08:20:11 PM »
Harry much appreciated! i really like that one looking onto the top of the mill avenue and sunnyside before the bridge was widened in the snow. It's ones like these i've been searching for, just longing to see it like that before it was all changed. Thank you!

Robert C

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2020, 08:22:50 PM »
I had found the ones on Britain from above. Great aren't they!