Author Topic: Hardinge Street CBS  (Read 26376 times)

yarrummot

Hardinge Street CBS
« on: November 22, 2010, 01:47:13 PM »
Anybody there from the late 60's?  I remember the teachers: Herbie Coleman, Wee Ted, McBrierty, The Rock, Wee J, Jimmy Bacon Ears, Tatty Farrell.

apalachie

Re: Hardinge Street CBS
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 05:54:49 PM »
Hi Y,
     Went there slightly after you then to Parklodge. I remember them as well as big spud,big sid,price, monty  largey, bro mc gread, hated wee jennings cause he always tried to lift me by my locks, but liked the school.
                                                                                                                    Slan for now.
Oh for all our yesterdays.

Sean Connolly

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 09:45:26 AM »
What was the mad science teacher called, i was there from 1969 until 1975 in both hardinge st and park lodge

stickyra

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 11:24:17 AM »
Wee Ted, Jimmy Bacon Ears and McBrierty were all still there when I entered Park Lodge in Third year in ,74. Big Spud took over the heads office in ,75. Monty and Largy were still there but I dont remember Jennings, Colemen, the Rock or Farrell. Would the mad science teacher be Wee Basil (mr. Black?).
Ní bheith mo leithid aris ann

yarrummot

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 02:04:29 PM »
Wee Basil it was.  Also Sid the french teacher.  Arthur J. Breen, the American English teacher, Angus Coyle ("Silent read"), geography.

stickyra

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »
I did work for wee Ted about four years ago. He bought a converted primary School in Donegal for a holiday home - Appropriate or what? He is in his eighties and we had a good chat about the old days. He says he would never be a teacher in this day and age the way the young ones are.

apalachie

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 05:47:53 PM »
Well are any of you going to own up to taking a lolly of wee Bausang, "I think thats the way it,s spelt" ahem.
                                                                                                               Slan for now, Apalachie.

PS, Sean Connolly, You went there more or less the same time as me, is S.C.an alias.

celticj

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
Mossey was another science teacher. McBoot (woodwork.) Had Monty for English oh how  I hated him, he was evil.

Think it was Delaney( Irish,) Big Sid (French), Largey (History) Piggy (geography) Big Spud (maths) Jimmy Bacon Ears

was head when I went there

Dickie

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 10:27:23 PM »
Hello SZean,

I think i was in your class.  Does anyone remember the science teacher McMullan.

What was the mad science teacher called, i was there from 1969 until 1975 in both hardinge st and park lodge
What a marvellous night for a Moondance

Sean Connolly

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 10:22:09 AM »
No not an alias, new to this and never thought of using an alias

Dickie

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 04:38:17 PM »
Hello everyone,

Here is a great photo of the teachers from my time, lets see if they can all be named.

apalachie

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 06:18:02 PM »
Well Dickie I can name a few, here goes,?, Marty Montgomery,Wee Ted, Basil Black, Mc Brierty,?
 back row ?,Blaney, not sure if that,s Big Sid, Price,and Harry Largey. What,s that clown Montgomery like,waster.
              Slan for now, Apalachie.
PS. Interested to know who the two outsiders are, I can,t recollect them, but then again you are older than me haha.

Dickie

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 06:27:54 PM »
Very Good Apalachie,

Yes Montgomery was a tube. I remember him trying to convince us to hand out leaflets for the sticks. He was a member of the family who owned the pet shop in Gresham street, and by the way it would be a nice amas present for smeone, I heard the budgies are going cheap down there

Well Dickie I can name a few, here goes,?, Marty Montgomery,Wee Ted, Basil Black, Mc Brierty,?
 back row ?,Blaney, not sure if that,s Big Sid, Price,and Harry Largey. What,s that clown Montgomery like,waster.
              Slan for now, Apalachie.

apalachie

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 09:06:18 PM »
Very Good Apalachie,

Yes Montgomery was a tube. I remember him trying to convince us to hand out leaflets for the sticks. He was a member of the family who owned the pet shop in Gresham street, and by the way it would be a nice amas present for smeone, I heard the budgies are going cheap down there

Hi Dickie, I remember he got some of the boys in my class to deliver them but I wasn,t one of them. Yes Dickie , Neilly Montgomery,s dad and his uncle Cecil owned two of the shops and they were related to him. Anyway I got my own back on him when I chinned him in Artillery youth club a few years later.haha.
                                                                                                           Slan for now, Apalachie.

stickyra

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 01:02:38 PM »
Good for you Apalachie. Montgomery was nothing but a sadistic kont!