Author Topic: Hardinge Street CBS  (Read 26238 times)

Sean Connolly

Re: Hardinge Street CBS
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 09:29:12 AM »
Dickie got you email, I have'ent figured out how to reply to just you yet but my email is [email protected]. You guys done well naming as many as that I could only name 5, but maybe I have drunk more beer than you in the last 37 years.

apalachie

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 03:40:24 PM »
Sean, to private message someone, just go to were it says My messages underneath your profile at the top of the page, click on this and it is self explanetary from there, hope this helps.
                                                                                           Slan for now, Apalachie.
Oh for all our yesterdays.

Dickie

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 01:58:44 PM »
Well done apalachie I dont think Mcbrierty is there but you might be getting mixed up with a teacher who taught the same subjects. I dont want to give any names. I think probadly the hardest one is the one far right.

Well Dickie I can name a few, here goes,?, Marty Montgomery,Wee Ted, Basil Black, Mc Brierty,?
 back row ?,Blaney, not sure if that,s Big Sid, Price,and Harry Largey. What,s that clown Montgomery like,waster.
              Slan for now, Apalachie.
PS. Interested to know who the two outsiders are, I can,t recollect them, but then again you are older than me haha.
What a marvellous night for a Moondance

cossie5252

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 05:01:45 PM »
Didn't go to Hardinge St but went to CBS Parklodge 1975 then up to Edmund Rice Glengormley in 1977 / 1980

celticj

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 09:17:13 PM »
If I remember right think Big Sid had a saying

Bouncey, bouncey of the wallsie son

One day getting the Lead loaded strap of Monty, and not for the 1st time got many of him.

He made you put one hand on top of the other and took about a 2ft jump in the air before he hit you. I had my right
hand on top of my left, I always wear my watch on my left wrist, he busted my watch slapping me. But the best part was giving him the bill for repairs.

cossie5252

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 10:09:30 PM »
Was given a 25th Anniversary book 77/02 and after finding this topic had to find it again just for this photo....

R.I.P Bro. Beausang

apalachie

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 03:19:33 AM »
cossie, could you post that pic of wee Beau on the St Malachys Oxford St site also as he taught there as well Thanx. He was a true GENTLEMAN even if he was a wee bit touchy feely.

Slan, Apalachie.

stickyra

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 11:50:21 AM »
If I remember right think Big Sid had a saying

Bouncey, bouncey of the wallsie son

One day getting the Lead loaded strap of Monty, and not for the 1st time got many of him.

Big Sid had loads of sayins like that. My surname is McKinney and he used to address me as follows:    'McKinney-o, McKinney-o, who lost the ball-ee-o' I heard his dad was a cop and thats how he got his knickname (Big Sid the Copper's Kid') Does anyone know if thats true? I was at his da's funeral and don't remember any trappings that would have suggested this.
Ní bheith mo leithid aris ann

apalachie

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 05:12:45 PM »

[/quote

Well Stickyra, that,s the first time I ever heard that, when I was at the school he lived in Brookvale and was a regular in the CB club, in fact he ran the drama section,he currently lives just above me at the top of the Cavehill Rd but stranger things have happened though I doubt it.
                                                                                 Slan, Apalachie.

celticj

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 12:18:28 AM »

Stickyra, I know who you are E and you know me B M C S C

Sean Connolly

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 10:22:15 AM »
Monty had to jump 2 feet in the air to get up to the normal height of a fifteen year old school boy, I worked in the CB club for a while and big Sid (Pat Catney was always a real gent to serve and not to shy with the tips either.

Dickie

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 05:35:45 PM »
Hello XSean,

Big Sid, was probadly my favourite teacher got him for french, he made it interesting and entertaining. He would also do this over the top french nasal accent ello ello before its time. He was firm but fair and I could not say that about most other teachers, montgomery Jennings McGlade come to mind.

Did you work in the CB after you left school, I remember Stevie Caldwell worked there when we were at school. I worked down the road in the Phoneix Bar we all seemed to have part time jobs then.

Monty had to jump 2 feet in the air to get up to the normal height of a fifteen year old school boy, I worked in the CB club for a while and big Sid (Pat Catney was always a real gent to serve and not to shy with the tips either.

apalachie

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2010, 06:21:51 PM »

Hi Sean, I see in your post to Dickie that you worked in the CB, 2 of my classmates, Stevie Williamson & Jim Herdman also worked in there at the time as well as big Anto Mc Allister,can you remember them.
                                                                                    Slan, APALACHIE.

ps BIG SID was a gent always very fair and I wouldn,t say that about most of them.

Dickie

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 06:43:42 PM »
Hello Apalachie,

2 names from the past there stevie Williamson and Jim Herdman. Didn't stevie live in Stratheden St and Jim on Duncairn Gdns, have not seen them in years are they still about the lodge.

Hi Sean, I see in your post to Dickie that you worked in the CB, 2 of my classmates, Stevie Williamson & Jim Herdman also worked in there at the time as well as big Anto Mc Allister,can you remember them.
                                                                                    Slan, APALACHIE.

ps BIG SID was a gent always very fair and I wouldn,t say that about most of them.

apalachie

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 08:08:05 PM »
Hello Apalachie,

2 names from the past there stevie Williamson and Jim Herdman. Didn't stevie live in Stratheden St and Jim on Duncairn Gdns, have not seen them in years are they still about the lodge.

No Dickie, Big Stevie lives in the new houses in Pilot St and Jim lives off the top of the Oldpark Rd, his brother Tommy lives in Willowbank, still talk to them anois is aris. Yes Stevie lived below me in Stratheden St.
                                                                                   Slan, Apalachie.