Author Topic: Hardinge Street CBS  (Read 26241 times)

Dickie

Re: Hardinge Street CBS
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »
I have met Tommy a few times down the years unfornunately has had it bad all his life with illness. As a kid he had really bad asthma, i have not seen Jim in probadly 35 yrs. I have not met stevie either in about the same, stevie was always a nice guy if you see him tell him I was asking.
What a marvellous night for a Moondance

Sean Connolly

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 09:01:40 AM »
I remember Stevie Calwell working there, he lived in Manor street. The other names don't ring any bells, Jim Bowman worked there at the same time as me, the last I heard of him he was living up the Glen Rd. Speaking of big Sid teaching French, I remember him giving me 8 out of 100 in a french test but I can't remember what the 8 points were for as I handed in a blank sheet of paper with just my name on it. My French has'nt got any better since.

cossie5252

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 05:19:35 PM »

Bro Jennings (1969)

cossie5252

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 05:23:10 PM »

Largey

McKenna

Dickie

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 08:47:39 PM »
Jim Bowman another blast from the past, he lived on Manor St his parents had a shop. Steven Caldwell lived in Rosevale St. As I said earlier French was my best subject and i usually finished in the top few in the class. It gave me the confidence to travel through France after I left school.

I remember Stevie Calwell working there, he lived in Manor street. The other names don't ring any bells, Jim Bowman worked there at the same time as me, the last I heard of him he was living up the Glen Rd. Speaking of big Sid teaching French, I remember him giving me 8 out of 100 in a french test but I can't remember what the 8 points were for as I handed in a blank sheet of paper with just my name on it. My French has'nt got any better since.

Dickie

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »
Great Pics Cossie,

Bro Jennings wasn't the worst but could be cruel at times his favourite was to twist your ear or nip you around the hips. He was a releative of Pat Jennings the footballer. Harry Largey was great and was my form teacher during my time at school. Thats how I remember him he always seemed to have a feg in his mouth.

Bro Jennings (1969)

mal49

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 11:03:20 AM »
Dickie ,am sitting here with Paddy McCoy looking at the photo,he says you f..ked his boiler up ,must 've been after you were recovering from spending Jim McMullans money on the Dockers. Anyway is that Walsh ,Montgomery,Savage ,Wee Ted,Jimmy Flynn,Basil,? behind Basil,Gerry Goink,Blaney,Harry Largey and ?. Put us out of our misery.Oh here McCoy says he'd no problem selling Sticky leaflets ,especially in room J

Dickie

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2010, 01:41:51 PM »
Hello everyone,

Here is a great photo of the teachers from my time, lets see if they can all be named.

Dickie

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2010, 01:48:58 PM »
Have you no work to do I am waiting on a letter any wonder its overdue. You two were always thicko's anyway.  The ones I think you did not get are Rock far right and Price 4th from  right. Basil Black is the one with the Groucho Marks glasses on I remember he had us on a table Tennis Team. I beat Bro McGlade when we played the teachers, he gave me six of the best next day for nothing. I think Jimmy Flynn was your Form teacher am I right.

Dickie ,am sitting here with Paddy McCoy looking at the photo,he says you f..ked his boiler up ,must 've been after you were recovering from spending Jim McMullans money on the Dockers. Anyway is that Walsh ,Montgomery,Savage ,Wee Ted,Jimmy Flynn,Basil,? behind Basil,Gerry Goink,Blaney,Harry Largey and ?. Put us out of our misery.Oh here McCoy says he'd no problem selling Sticky leaflets ,especially in room J

apalachie

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 10:07:50 AM »
Oh for all our yesterdays.

apalachie

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 10:11:55 AM »
Hi Folks, I borrowed this pic from Eamann on a genealogy post, it,s circa 1910, it looked like that when I went there, circa 1970, haha

Dickie

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 11:40:54 PM »

Hello Apalachie yes thats exactly how i remember it in 1970, this pic was in one of the Glenravel Booklets. Wee Basil, Gerry Goink and Jimmy Flynn and also Big Mossie all took science subjects when I was there. There was small gas outlets with a spout which you attached a rubber hose which attached to your Bunsen Burner on each work table, so much for health and safety in those days.

stickyra

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2010, 01:13:47 AM »

Room J!!!!ha ha ha is that where Nat Rossborough, Paul McMenamy, Paddy McMeehan (now a teacher in the said establishment), Stevie Walker, Paul Beattie, Jim Davie (RIP), Bap McQuillan etc.etc. all hung out? LOL those were the days LOL LOL!!!!
Ní bheith mo leithid aris ann

stickyra

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2010, 01:15:37 AM »
PS Oh and Paddy McCoy and all those Glengormley radicals too!!!! LOL

Ní bheith mo leithid aris ann

apalachie

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2010, 04:46:11 AM »

Room J!!!!ha ha ha is that where Nat Rossborough, Paul McMenamy, Paddy McMeehan (now a teacher in the said establishment), Stevie Walker, Paul Beattie, Jim Davie (RIP), Bap McQuillan etc.etc. all hung out? LOL those were the days LOL LOL!!!!

Stickyra, I notice you don,t have an (RIP) beside Paul Beattie, he,s been dead many a long year(sad RIP) probably the best of that bunch, I liked him a lot and was it not Paul Davey?