Author Topic: Hardinge Street CBS  (Read 27476 times)

stickyra

Re: Hardinge Street CBS
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2010, 05:36:54 PM »
Ap
I had no idea Paul Beattie was dead. How did he die? I liked him a lot. You are right about Paul Davey. Jim was his younger brother.
Ní bheith mo leithid aris ann

apalachie

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2010, 05:06:10 AM »
Ap
I had no idea Paul Beattie was dead. How did he die? I liked him a lot. You are right about Paul Davey. Jim was his younger brother.

Of hand Stickyra I don,t know but he moved away down south and I think it might have been the drink but he,s dead about 20 years now(rip). All them boys you mentioned were in my class but I didn,t hang about with them haha. Oh by the way you forgot Marty Kerr.
Oh for all our yesterdays.

stickyra

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2010, 11:58:37 AM »
Thats very sad Ap. RIP Paul. Yes I remembered Marty Kerr after I posted that. I had already sussed out that you wouldn't have got on with those guys. You were probably more familiar with room M ha ha ha LOL! :D

stickyra

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2010, 09:17:55 PM »
Where are yz all? Ap? are you dead?

apalachie

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2010, 05:16:16 AM »
I have to work sometimes, got your pm by the way, no offence taken haha.

stickyra

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2010, 02:10:07 PM »
Som guys from Barney used to be jealous of the tough sounding name of our school. They used to say it should be called Softinge Street  :D

Dickie

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2010, 09:42:31 PM »
I see Nat an odd time, still bookies on the brain. Eamon Quigley was he also in that group.

Room J!!!!ha ha ha is that where Nat Rossborough, Paul McMenamy, Paddy McMeehan (now a teacher in the said establishment), Stevie Walker, Paul Beattie, Jim Davie (RIP), Bap McQuillan etc.etc. all hung out? LOL those were the days LOL LOL!!!!
What a marvellous night for a Moondance

apalachie

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2010, 10:06:24 AM »
Eamonn is now going with a wee cousin of mine and he drinks in the pheonix haha, wouldn,t of a lot of years ago haha.

stickyra

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2010, 10:14:46 PM »
Eamonn was in my class. He was a barman in the Felons, NLR for years in the mid eighties. Wouldn't have been there years ago either! I see Nat too from time to time. Always end up in wrinkles laughing about days gone by.

Dickie

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2010, 01:32:18 PM »
Yes Nat is a case, always a move on. last time i met Eamon he was on the desk in A1 cabs union st. Eamon was a barman also I think he also worked in Mcillhattons.
 I was talking to Paddy McCoy yesterday he was saying that he really hated Montgomery I think he must have been the most hated teacher in Hardinge St. He like me had very good memories of Harry Largey and Big Sid. Who was your least favourite teacher.

Does anyone remember what part of jimmy Quinlan's body went red when he got angry.

Eamonn was in my class. He was a barman in the Felons, NLR for years in the mid eighties. Wouldn't have been there years ago either! I see Nat too from time to time. Always end up in wrinkles laughing about days gone by.
What a marvellous night for a Moondance

stickyra

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »
Montgomery was by far the most despicable. Rafferty  the maths teacher was a bit of a [censored] too. McLister the geography teacher was borderline. I heard he was dead - anybody know if this is true?

Was it Quinlan's ears that went red?  :D

apalachie

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2010, 06:38:45 AM »
One thing about big Pat was he was always fair,I think Monty just had an inferiority complex about himself, that,s what made him cruel, but by far the worst was Price, he would come into another teachers class and slap a pupil just to show off, but fair play to Bro Mc Grade, he stopped him one day when he seen the boy had had enough, funny thing Price never came into another teachers class again, I wonder why?
Yes Stickyra, I agree with you his (BACON EARS).

big pete

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2010, 09:41:41 PM »
 that was one hate full b.  montgomery i had him the whole way threw

big pete

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2010, 09:43:10 PM »
still see a few about neilly mongomery aj and stevie mac

apalachie

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2011, 08:02:47 PM »
Hi Stickyra, a bit of bad news for you if you knew Big Micky Hannan, he was in your year, was found dead in bed this morning, he would have been 39/50,RIP.