Author Topic: Hardinge Street CBS  (Read 27453 times)

apalachie

Re: Hardinge Street CBS
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2011, 08:08:26 PM »
Hi Big Pete, welcome too the forum, did you go to Hardinge St, if so what years and who were some of your classmates, the 3 guys you mention I ran about with them, the last 2 from primary school, hope to hear from you more.
Oh for all our yesterdays.

Sheriff St

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »
Went to Hardinge St 1956-1959.

Head was Bro. Mc Connell, science Bro. Dwan

big pete

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2011, 08:10:07 AM »
there from 71-76 know all the names you were talking about  what about a few more liam syewart eddie briggs paul and john corbett all good guys i wonder buy the list of rip how many of us will see 51 sad to think

apalachie

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2011, 10:29:52 PM »
Hello again Big Pete, wee Liam Stewart was in my year, last I seen of him he was working in the tech many years ago, if  memory serves me right John corbett is dead also, I see Paul about Ardoyne now and again and as for Briggs I haven,t heard about him since I left school.
Welcome to the forum Sherriff St, you were a wee bit before my time at the school but no doubt someone of your era will be along soon so keep looking in on us.
ps Big Pete, does your surname begin with G.

big pete

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »
yes surname begins with g stewarty is still at the tech and eddie briggs is a driving instructor in london  so we were in the same class then hows life treating thoes of you all that are left is it my turn to guess who you are or do we just come out with it you sound like your about the road i drink down in mcgraths cassidys and buffers
down at the  docks
just remembering jimmy bacon ears shouting lookit you amanodon while spiting all over you

absorba

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »
I went to Hardinge St from 58 to 62 when Big Jim Aiken, known as Rock, taught science.  He used to run concerts at the weekend in St Mary's hall and had us kids selling crisps and lemonade there. Brother O'Connell was The Boss then. I also remember Bros Eustace, Grace and another Bro who taught Physics.

apalachie

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2011, 02:20:06 PM »
yes surname begins with g stewarty is still at the tech and eddie briggs is a driving instructor in london  so we were in the same class then hows life treating thoes of you all that are left is it my turn to guess who you are or do we just come out with it you sound like your about the road i drink down in mcgraths cassidys and buffers
down at the  docks
just remembering jimmy bacon ears shouting lookit you amanodon while spiting all over you

well pete you know me very well, you see me all the time, was not in your class but maybe same year,have been in your shop a few times, there,s not too many PP,S on this thread at the moment but hopefully that will change. I still see your mate Gregory about haha.
Welcome to the forum absorba, your,e a bit long in the tooth for me but hopefully someone your own vintage will come along shortly like Sheriff St. Is Jim Aitken the same big promoter who died a few years back, I knew he went too the school but not that he taught in it.

big pete

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2011, 09:30:59 PM »
think i know who you are have you nothing better to do only kidding this is me on here at nine on a Saturday night sad is int it was in McBride's house recently he was violent to i seen him hitting some one with a length of dowel rod big Sid is about up the cave hill rd he was ok
strange to talk about these people like yesterday it was 35 years ago marriage's,deaths .births i have a son of 27.

big pete

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
should have read mcbrierty

Sheriff St

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2011, 01:29:31 AM »
Yes Jim Aitken from Hardinge ST was the big producer who died

apalachie

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2011, 04:49:22 AM »
Well Pete here,s me a widower 2 and a half years and I,m only 51, my eldest is 31 haha. Thanks for that info Sheriff St I didn,t know he actually taught in the school, learn something new every day haha :D .

big pete

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2011, 05:39:26 PM »
sorry to here about the widower thing i am sure it dificult dont give up iam 51 next week and am on wife number two i am not trying to make little of what you had  but try and live on i have found it gets easier and you do start to enjoy life again son of thirty thats just makes me feel older again just think 14 years to pension if were lucky ha ha

ger

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2011, 11:44:11 PM »
Hi absorba, was there around the same time as yourself.  Also remember Wee Angus, Ted Maginnes? but Bro. Eustace really stands out. " Dot your I,s and cross your T,s or i,ll blot your eyes and wobble your knees, and he meant it, a good teacher just the same.  Was the Bro. who taught Physics Deany.

absorba

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2011, 01:44:41 PM »
Hi Ger, I remember Bro Eustace and also Bro Grace who taught Irish with a vengance. He also designed the school blazer badge which was a very republican looking symbol. I also remember a teacher called Auchenbach who taught maths. his wife had been a teacher in St Brides PS, my old school.  I remember meeting Wee Angus in the College of Business Studies wherw he taught evening classes.

gerard mc keown

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2011, 01:51:59 PM »
Hi everyone just loged on for the first time, I was there between 65-69. Had great time with great pals oh happy days