Author Topic: EVERY BLACK & WHITE PHOTO TELLS A STORY  (Read 1999517 times)

welder

Re: EVERY BLACK & WHITE PHOTO TELLS A STORY
« Reply #15570 on: March 14, 2019, 09:54:09 AM »

That elephant's front legs certainly do look out of proportion. Also the rioting crowd on the pavement, left of photo are not giving the beast the attention you would in those circumstances.Was the space occupied by the elephant not a barricade or car of some sort that has been air brushed out and the image of an elephant put it its place ?
If the fates decree you're going to lose give them a damn good fight...

welder

« Reply #15571 on: March 14, 2019, 10:25:21 AM »

Image result for photo of clementine churchill

welder

« Reply #15572 on: March 14, 2019, 10:26:20 AM »

Image result for photo of clementine churchill

tours

« Reply #15573 on: March 14, 2019, 10:47:42 AM »
Superb photographs Jack of Sir Winston.

The greatest man of our time-we owe a tremendous debt to him for the lives we have been fortunate
to live in freedom and democracy in G.B. and Northern Ireland against all the odds when we stood alone.
He and the Royal family gave the people the strength and determination to defeat Germany ,Hitlar and
his diabolical plans to rule the world under the Nazi Jackboot.

May this never be forgotten by future generations.

jilly
Lol. That's up for debate.

tours

« Reply #15574 on: March 14, 2019, 10:52:57 AM »
https://blog.oup.com/2015/01/winston-churchill-northern-ireland-second-world-war/

The workers in the shipyard  'clocked' each other in and out of H&W, working 4 days a week, getting paid for 5.
This went on, right through till the 1980's.

tours

« Reply #15575 on: March 14, 2019, 10:55:17 AM »
   :)
Montgomery treated his mother abysmally.... A hard horrible self centred egotist. He never went to his own mothers funeral. How awful.

CMcG

« Reply #15576 on: March 14, 2019, 11:08:47 AM »

JackM I would say also that the photo is superimposed . As CMcG says , the front legs of the elephant arenít right , they donít ďblend ď with the mans legs behind .

The more I look at this photo, the more I think that the smoky effect is indeed actual smoke from the discharge of several baton guns by the soldiers clustered at the left / front of the Pig, the soldier third from left is several yards (nearer to the camera) behind this cluster, so he stands out in high relief against the smoke in front of him.

The smoke shrouding the cluster of soldiers at the left / front of the Pig has then risen and drifted to the left, where the lamp post is.  In other words, it is all foreground smoke through which you can see the background houses and people.  That's why the elephant looks so fake, for while someone has attempted to make it look as if it is part of the background, as you say it has simply been superimposed, obliterating the foreground smoke (and part of the head and helmet of the second soldier from the left).

Maybe I am over analysing this, lol.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Bigali

« Reply #15577 on: March 14, 2019, 11:13:15 AM »
The more I look at this photo, the more I think that the smoky effect is indeed actual smoke from the discharge of several baton guns by the soldiers clustered at the left / front of the Pig, the soldier third from left is several yards (nearer to the camera) behind this cluster, so he stands out in high relief against the smoke in front of him.

The smoke shrouding the cluster of soldiers at the left / front of the Pig has then risen and drifted to the left, where the lamp post is.  In other words, it is all foreground smoke through which you can see the background houses and people.  That's why the elephant looks so fake, for while someone has attempted to make it look as if it is part of the background, as you say it has simply been superimposed, obliterating the foreground smoke (and part of the head and helmet of the second soldier from the left).

Maybe I am over analysing this, lol.

No youíre right , the more you look at the elephant the more you see the outline of it being superimposed.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

CMcG

« Reply #15578 on: March 14, 2019, 11:25:39 AM »

Is that Emily Beattie ?  :D

Definitely Emily Beattie, is that Derek with her?

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Bigali

« Reply #15579 on: March 14, 2019, 11:27:28 AM »
Definitely Emily Beattie, is that Derek with her?

Yip  :D

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

CMcG

« Reply #15580 on: March 14, 2019, 11:29:39 AM »

Yip  :D

Thought so, all nicey nicey to her face, then no doubt calling her 'an oul beg' the minute he's out of earshot.  :D

jillyfred

« Reply #15581 on: March 14, 2019, 01:00:21 PM »
Many thanks once again Jack for the terrific photographs.

Colin and Ali seem to have `cracked`the elephant`s appearance!
I am just relieved he was not in the middle of all that mayhem!
Just somone`s idea of a joke it seems.

jilly

welder

« Reply #15582 on: March 14, 2019, 01:26:20 PM »
Ref #15742. Not all young men in Belfast were idle malingerers.My Father left Belfast in March 1940 and came to England.He worked all over
UK until his retirement. Prior to leaving Belfast he worked for McCue & Dick (Timber importers)
Had he not came to England I wouldn't be posting this comment.

Hugh Jarce

« Reply #15583 on: March 14, 2019, 03:32:27 PM »
The infatuation with Churchill is a mystery to me,some basic research will show you all what a Tyrant and war criminal he actually was.

Greatest Briton? You're having a laugh.

Bigali

« Reply #15584 on: March 14, 2019, 03:47:45 PM »
The infatuation with Churchill is a mystery to me,some basic research will show you all what a Tyrant and war criminal he actually was.

Greatest Briton? You're having a laugh.

And your nominee for greatest Briton would be ?