Author Topic: the fiesta and romanos in the early 60s  (Read 16373 times)

darin

the fiesta and romanos in the early 60s
« on: November 29, 2010, 03:06:28 PM »
remember the fiesta and romanos early 60s   darin

harrydunn

Re: the fiesta and romanos in the early 60s
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »
Darin i left a wee cracker home from the Fiesta 51 years ago on old years night, just celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary last Wed, not sure if you were with me that night but i had every dance with her except the one at midnight, another of our mates surname of Braniff wee skitter, lifted her and asked to leave her home he lost i won. :smile:   :smile: :smile:   

belle

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:40:52 PM »
Darin i left a wee cracker home from the Fiesta 51 years ago on old years night, just celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary last Wed, not sure if you were with me that night but i had every dance with her except the one at midnight, another of our mates surname of Braniff wee skitter, lifted her and asked to leave her home he lost i won. :smile:   :smile: :smile:
oh harry, thats just lovely. so romantic. :air_kiss:
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

mgwalsh55

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 06:45:53 PM »
Ah Harry 48 years thats great :air_kiss:  kiss for you and two for the mrs :air_kiss: :air_kiss:

irish colleen

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:12:20 PM »
oh harry, thats just lovely. so romantic. :air_kiss:
O harry dunn that is so sweet a story  and congrats on the anniversary  I knew a Braniff years ago from the oldpark a girl in our street married a braniff can't recall their name right now  and I knew a Bobbie  he was a wee   ha ha ha
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

Astor

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 10:44:02 PM »

48 years, that's fantastic.   Many Congratulations

I remember going to Romanos every Sunday night in the mid 60's, loved it :smile:
Que Sera Sera

Patricia Margaret

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 01:49:38 AM »
Hi !  My husband left me home from the Fiesta 49 years ago - we have been married 43 years.

Just loved the Fiesta, went sometimes three times a week (that is if you were lucky enough to get a free ticket) other than that it was usually twice a week.  Everybody had their own wee place to stand, some Shankill girls stood at the bandstand, the Sandy Row boys and Grosvenor boys stood at the second pole from the far end, as did my friends. Everybody stood at the same wee spot each week. It was a big treat when a boy bought you an ice cream soda.  I remember going down about 5.30 or 6.00 p.m. and line up for tickets on a Saturday night  then we would get the bus home and get all dolled up and then go back to the dance.  Of all of the dance halls in Belfast that I went to, The Astor, Romanos, Boom Boom Room, The Youth Centre, the Orphesus, etc. the Fiesta was my favourite. Memories, Memories. 

floral

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 01:31:21 PM »

Ah lovely harrydunn, I went to the Orpheus, Romanos, Boom Boom Rooms, favourite was the Orpheus though. harry where was the Fiesta?

harrydunn

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 06:02:53 PM »

Ah lovely harrydunn, I went to the Orpheus, Romanos, Boom Boom Rooms, favourite was the Orpheus though. harry where was the Fiesta?
The Fiesta was in Hamilton St ran from Cromac St to Joy St, I also went to the Orpheus in York St and Betty Staffs in Ann St. John Dossor owned The Fiesta.

road hog

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 06:50:14 PM »
where was sammy houstons folks,? always remember my older cousins going there
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

harrydunn

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 06:58:59 PM »
where was sammy houstons folks,? always remember my older cousins going there

Great Victoria Street.

jemmy hope

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 07:26:15 PM »
Met my wife in the Fiesta as well, Shankill girl. We have been married for forty-three years.
Two silly oul monarchs in battle did join, each wanting his head on the back of a coin, if the irish had sense they would throw both in the boyne.

floral

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 08:41:10 PM »
The Fiesta was in Hamilton St ran from Cromac St to Joy St, I also went to the Orpheus in York St and Betty Staffs in Ann St. John Dossor owned The Fiesta.

Thanks for that harrydunn my cousin used to go to Betty Staffs and Dossers = she used to also go to as far I can remember it was called Maxims (may have got that name wrong) do you remember that

McNamee

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 11:01:08 PM »
Maxims was in Fountain Street.  Near the back of boots near Queens Arcade.  One way in and out and up stairs, if there had been  a fire, it would have been curtains, but there wasn't. :D

You would have been too young for the Fiesta Floral like myself. :D

floral

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 01:51:04 PM »
Maxims was in Fountain Street.  Near the back of boots near Queens Arcade.  One way in and out and up stairs, if there had been  a fire, it would have been curtains, but there wasn't. :D

You would have been too young for the Fiesta Floral like myself. :D

Thanks for that, I know McNamee we are only young things, hope you are keeping well