Author Topic: Clonard area memories  (Read 205986 times)

brianmckeever

Re: Clonard area memories
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2010, 09:57:54 AM »
Thanks boys! Happy New Year!

justluvbeingme

« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2010, 10:40:30 AM »

brilliant photos rathlin. i havent seen any of these before. this was my grannys shop after she moved from ardoyne, sometime in 1940s. that was before i was born,  i knew it much later as johns shop when i was young,   there was a little spoon shaped hanle on the door and when ypu pressed it down to open the door a bell would ring, i remember thinking it would have been the same handle in my grannies time. 
lovely memories of clonard rathlin. i've only seen one of leoville st where i was born, did you take any of leoville st?  thank you rathlin.
jus

gismo

« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2010, 01:47:20 PM »
hi rathlin i guessed these photoes were taken before the new houses were built the entry beside what was the mcguires house, led to another shop if u turned to the left  it was owned by the mc gurks then it was bought by the murrys people  had an abundance of shops in the area to choose from now there are all gone . hi jus u must be related to the mc cabes lol gismo

justluvbeingme

« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2010, 02:37:50 PM »
hi rathlin i guessed these photoes were taken before the new houses were built the entry beside what was the mcguires house, led to another shop if u turned to the left  it was owned by the mc gurks then it was bought by the murrys people  had an abundance of shops in the area to choose from now there are all gone . hi jus u must be related to the mc cabes lol gismo

hi, gismo. hope you had a great christmas, yes that was my granny mccabes shop. i wasnt about then but my family lived there with her, my older sisters and brothers all remember the shop well and an air raid shelter somewhere near by,
jus

rathlin

« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2010, 04:43:36 PM »
Remembering the forgotten innocents of all wars.

rathlin

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2010, 04:45:05 PM »
Remembering the forgotten innocents of all wars.

gismo

« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2010, 10:29:18 PM »
hi jus a very happy     
 christmas and a woderful new year lol gismo

gismo

« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2010, 10:34:49 PM »

gismo

« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2010, 10:37:38 PM »

gismo

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2010, 10:38:33 PM »

BigDen

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2010, 11:58:15 PM »
This is for JUSTLUVBEINGME

Hi there,

I noticed you mentioned your granny was a McCabe.  Going back, (I'm doing family research), I have found a Daly marrying a McCabe and in fact, have a print out of a grave that a McCabe purchased and there are quite a few in it.  If you are interested, I can let you have a copy.

BigDen
BigDen

Sally Ann

« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2010, 12:19:03 AM »

Top Picture, first house on  the right, and bottom picture also, No, 66 Kashmire Road, where my cousins the Kings lived till about 1967/68, then moved to the house next to the Bank on the Springfield Road - top of the Collin streets. Anyway, No 66 was as oddly shaped inside as what it looked outside - especially at that alley / gable end - with all it's nooks and cranny's we spent hours inside playing hide and seek!

FANTASTIC SNAPS RATHLIN!  Thanks for posting memories from all our yesterdays! :good: :clapping:
I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

justluvbeingme

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2010, 12:49:54 AM »
This is for JUSTLUVBEINGME

Hi there,

I noticed you mentioned your granny was a McCabe.  Going back, (I'm doing family research), I have found a Daly marrying a McCabe and in fact, have a print out of a grave that a McCabe purchased and there are quite a few in it.  If you are interested, I can let you have a copy.

BigDen

hi. BigDen, i would be very interested, would love a copy. thank you,
jus

BigDen

« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2010, 09:38:53 AM »
Hi Jus,

I managed to copy the document, went into preview to check and promptly lost it! 

Trying again!

BigDen

BigDen

« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2010, 09:42:40 AM »
Hi Jus,

This is the second page of that document. 
I'm following the Gillen line, my mom was a Bridget Gillen.

If anyone else recognises any of these names, please get in touch.

Cheers,

BigDen
BigDen