Author Topic: Clonard area memories  (Read 205943 times)

chi

Re: Clonard area memories
« Reply #885 on: July 30, 2016, 08:13:48 PM »
I haven't taken a lot of photos but hope you'll like them anyway :) Was told about all those who passed away when visiting the memorial garden, may they rest in peace.

:(   R.I.P :angel:
“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness  for weakness.

roentgen

« Reply #886 on: October 19, 2016, 05:55:14 PM »
Hi Folks Guess where  :)

JohnJay

« Reply #887 on: November 04, 2016, 08:18:07 PM »
Hi Folks.
I used to live in Clonard Street no 6. My name is Sean Fusco. I was an alter boy at Clonard. I went to St Galls primary school Waterville Street then onto St Pauls Beechmount.

I remember you Sean.  Later you used to drive a bus for schools or something like that.   You had a head of curly hair and your dad used to do a lot of work with the priests in the Clonard.  I was an altar boy there and went to St Gauls as well.  Then on to St Gabriels in the Ardoyne. 

JohnJdrogheda

« Reply #888 on: November 17, 2016, 09:18:31 PM »
Wondering would anyone know of a Johnny McCartney that came from lucknow st. I was friends with him in london in 1987/88.
I think his dad died a year or two before that.

He lived in Brixton for a while, hung round with a lot of lads from Belfast, jimbo, murph, (Johnny was the only one I was really friends with, and I wouldn't know any of the others really).
Often thought of him through the years, what became of him. We were both pretty wild at the time. Hopefully he's still walking the earth, if he is he'd be around 50yrs old now.
I'm from outside Drogheda although they used to all prefer to say I was from Dundalk and might remember me as so.
Anyway It would be nice to hear anything about Johnny (good news hopefully), Thanks :)

RebeccaK

« Reply #889 on: November 18, 2016, 08:50:20 PM »
Wondering would anyone know of a Johnny McCartney that came from lucknow st. I was friends with him in london in 1987/88.

He lived in Brixton for a while, hung round with a lot of lads from Belfast, jimbo, murph, (Johnny was the only one I was really friends with, and I wouldn't know any of the others really).
Often thought of him through the years, what became of him. We were both pretty wild at the time. Hopefully he's still walking the earth, if he is he'd be around 50yrs old now.
I'm from outside Drogheda although they used to all prefer to say I was from Dundalk and might remember me as so.
Anyway It would be nice to hear anything about Johnny (good news hopefully), Thanks :)

I've looked up "Johnny McCartney Belfast" quickly on Facebook and found two hits that might be your man John:

https://www.facebook.com/J.MAC.Decorator?ref=br_rs

https://www.facebook.com/john.mccartney.370515

JohnJdrogheda

« Reply #890 on: December 05, 2016, 11:09:44 PM »
Thanks for your effort Rebecca but no it's not either of those 😟

Astor

« Reply #891 on: December 05, 2016, 11:26:45 PM »
There's  a Sean McCartney on FB from Belfast, he might have reverted back to Sean, it might be worth a try John.  I'm from quite near Lucknow St.
Que Sera Sera

Snobbynose

« Reply #892 on: December 06, 2016, 10:58:42 PM »
Astor, really need your help. Lucknow st, remember it vaguely! Fife/Fyfe street it did exist????? My memory tells me BENARES STREET,FIFE STREET, LUCKNOW STREET.Mc Cormack's shop. Lovely big street (can't remember the name)  laundromat!! Everything else is a blur!!!Kashmir Rd, entry, Tralee, bantry, Dummies, Leoville running parallel to Cawnpore.Where was Oramore ??????. This has been driving me nuts for ever. Thanks

AL CAPONE

« Reply #893 on: December 07, 2016, 07:41:28 PM »

I know johnny, saw him yesterday

Astor

« Reply #894 on: December 07, 2016, 08:22:27 PM »
Astor, really need your help. Lucknow st, remember it vaguely! Fife/Fyfe street it did exist????? My memory tells me BENARES STREET,FIFE STREET, LUCKNOW STREET.Mc Cormack's shop. Lovely big street (can't remember the name)  laundromat!! Everything else is a blur!!!Kashmir Rd, entry, Tralee, bantry, Dummies, Leoville running parallel to Cawnpore.Where was Oramore ??????. This has been driving me nuts for ever. Thanks

I think Al Capone could fill you in with those streets better than me Snobbynose. I remember Benares, Cawnpore, Kashmir, Tralee, Bantry Leoville and Lucknow St but never heard of Fife/Fyfe Street and don't  remember McCormack's shop. I think Oranmore was the next one up from Dunmore St. I honestly can't  remember where some of them are though.
Que Sera Sera

Brian Caldwell

« Reply #895 on: March 29, 2017, 01:43:41 AM »
I lived in 16 locknow street many years ago when was a child

Brian Caldwell

« Reply #896 on: March 29, 2017, 01:54:03 AM »
Hi all some of you may remember me from a while ago I am looking for anyone who
Knew my grandparents . They lived at 17 Lucknow street

I lived in 16 as child years ago was bells one side an Moore's on other side with us in middle

kashmiri

« Reply #897 on: March 31, 2017, 08:04:53 PM »
I came across this picture of St Galls class in 1967. I am lead to believe that these pupils were finishing that year.

If you know anyone let me know and I will tag their name to the picture.

B

hi based on a 50 year old memory try these

Back row let to right
Paul? Aidan McAteer Paul ?  Brendan Kennedy ? Eugene Morrissey [censored] Molloy  Christopher ? Paddy Flynn Tony McCann John O'Neill Bro. David
Middle RoB
Aidan ? Mickey Overend  Tommy Donegan Dominic Gillespie Brian McLaughlin Damian mcHugh Fintan McGivern Terence Neeson Marty Sullivan Felix Crudden Eamon McCann?
front Row
John Gracey Stephen McDonald Gerard Millar Frank Casey Francis Carville Bobby Gibson Seamus ??  Noel maguire Jeremy ??  Paul McAlister

kashmiri

« Reply #898 on: March 31, 2017, 10:04:45 PM »
Bit disappointed that this site is a victim of dishonest political correctness.  Patrick Molloy known as packey who always spelt his name as per the censored version was a child 50 years ago.  absolute sell out to the people of Clonard from the 1960s and 1970s that they cannot express their childhood names.  should we now refer to Bombay street as Mumbai street if the site wants to retain any consistency.  Anyone  from my generation would not accept this nonesense from Belfast forum especially on a history site  perhaps it should be limited to post 1990 generations  >:D >:D

DmN

« Reply #899 on: May 22, 2017, 03:51:59 PM »
Wondering if anyone has any memories of the band The New Ideal of which my father and two uncles (The McNally Brothers) were members of. Trying to put together a bit of documentation about them, so any anicdotes, photos, or (very unlikely ) but video footage would be gratefully received.