Author Topic: genealogy  (Read 3441 times)

pamela mary anderson

genealogy
« on: April 30, 2007, 01:20:28 PM »
I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION  ABOUT MY FAMILY TREE .         .  MY GREATGRANDMOTHER WAS MARRIED TO JOSEPH COOPER WORKED IN THE MILL . CRUMLIN RD MILL I THINK. MARRIED IN 1889 . THEY (SHE SELINA COURTNEY )HAD 6 CHILDREN . JOSEPH, ANNIE, GEORGE , MADGE THE OTHER   TWO I DONT  KNOW THIER NAMES. JOSEPH DIED ABOUT 1898 . SELINA MARRIED AGAIN TO  A  MICHAEL HANLON IN 1899 . I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT WHERE THEY WHERE IN 1901 TO LOOK UP A CENSUS FOR  THEN  PAMELA .

maggiemay

Re: genealogy
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »
Hi
Theres an M Hanlon living in 9 Mossvale St in 1901.He was a fitter
Mggiemay

teap

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 10:25:41 PM »
Yes they did marry in 1889

Record Type Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage 19 May 1889
Groom Name joseph COOPER
Bride Name selina COURTNEY
Church Saint Annes Church of Ireland
Parish Shankill
Civil District Belfast
County Antrim

The second marriage is also there

Record Type Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage 27 Sep 1899
Groom Name michael HANLON
Bride Name selina COOPER
Church Saint Annes Church of Ireland
Parish Shankill
Civil District Belfast
County Antrim

Colette

pamela mary anderson

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 09:28:19 PM »
HI CHRISTOPHER,
                            ITS ME AGAIN LOOKING FOR MORE HELP. I WOULD LOVE TO FIND OUT SOME MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MY GRANDFATHER'S SILBINGS, HE WAS JOSEPH COOPER . HIS PARENTS MARRIED IN ST ANNES C OF IRELAND.   I'VE SENT AWAY FOR HIS MOTHER'S SECOND MARRIAGE CERT.  HOPING TO PICK UP INFORMATION RE STREET THEY MAY HAVE LIVED IN. WHICH REMAINS ME. WHERE IS MOSSVALE ST IN BELFAST .   PAMELA MARY .

melv

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 11:02:55 PM »
hi Pamela,
                   mossvale street is situated between the woodvale and crumlin roads,
regards melv.
C.O.Y.S.

Christopher

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 03:29:49 PM »
hi Pamela,
                   mossvale street is situated between the woodvale and crumlin roads,
regards melv.

It must be in a rabbit warren of streets there, melv. It's off Leopold Street (which runs off the Crumlin) and Montreal Street. 

melv

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 01:15:30 PM »
correct Christopher, it sure is a maze of streets there, pre war mossvale street ran from Leopold street to Disraeli street, but after the hammering those streets took during the war, it was redeveloped and now runs only to Montreal street. melv.
C.O.Y.S.

MelonsMum

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 03:44:13 AM »

My GGG Grandfather was a Jospeh Cooper of Belfast and he and his family were married & christened in St. Annes.  I wonder if they could be connected ( in view of the fact that families named their children after fathers and grandfathers etc).

Scott, McLean, Crooks, Warnock, Gordon, Nesbitt, Green, Spratt, Davis, McCartney, Millar, Smith, Connor, (Thompson, Lister,  Dodds - England), Simpson

Christopher

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 03:57:15 PM »
Coopers who signed the Ulster Covenant 1912

James and Joseph, 40, Flax Street, Belfast.

A large Cooper family at 24, Mount Street signed the Covenant ....

G, J, John, Joseph, Lillie, Mrs, Robert and William

Joseph Cooper & Selina and Michael Hanlon & Selina don't seem to have signed the Covenant.

MelonsMum

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 09:45:20 PM »
Thanks for the info Christopher.

I tried to send a private message to Pamela Mary Anderson, but it was not accepted.  I was wondering if her 'Coopers' were linked to mine in any way.
Scott, McLean, Crooks, Warnock, Gordon, Nesbitt, Green, Spratt, Davis, McCartney, Millar, Smith, Connor, (Thompson, Lister,  Dodds - England), Simpson

pamelamary

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 10:23:46 PM »
My GGG Grandfather was a Jospeh Cooper of Belfast and he and his family were married & christened in St. Annes.  I wonder if they could be connected ( in view of the fact that families named their children after fathers and grandfathers etc).

pamelamary

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 10:33:34 PM »
HI MELON'S MUM,   
                              I HAVE JUST COME ACROS YOUR MESSAGE . I HAV'NT BEEN ON THE SITE OR CHECKING FOR A MESSAGE.  MY GRANDFATHER WAS JOSEPH COOPER BORN 1893 . HIS FATHER ALSO A JOSEPH   MARRIED TO SELINA BUT HE DIED IN 1899. THERE COULD BE A LINK . DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MAGGIE COOPER OR MADGE AS SHE WAS CALLED . SHE DIED WHEN SHE WAS 23 YEARS OLD . I BELIEVE SHE WAS A GREAT  SINGER . AND TAUGHT MUSIC.  PAMELA MARY.  P. S  . WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN . PAMELA . 

MelonsMum

Re: Joseph Cooper
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 03:08:03 PM »
Hi Pamela,

Thanks for your reply.  The only information that I have about the COOPERS is what I have unearthed myself as, previously, we knew nothing about this side of the family.  I'll tell you what I have:-

My GG Grandmother was Sarah Eleanor COOPER.  She married my GG Grandfather, Hugh Robert CONNOR, a Shipwright of 16 Crumlin Street, Belfast, on 09.06.1876 in St. Annes.

Her father was Joseph COOPER, a Sawyer, of 3 Dock Lane, Belfast.

Joseph COOPER married my GGG Grandmother, Sarah SIMPSON on 21.03.1856.  On their marriage details, Joseph was listed as a widower, so I found his first marriage to Grace CLARKE on 05.02.1848.  Now Joseph & Grace had a son called Joseph, and I wonder could this be the one that is linked to you.  He married Anne REAVEY, of 29 Fleet Street on 06.03.1874.  This Joseph was a Stonecutter, he also lived at 3 Dock Lane.

Do you think that these families could be linked to yours?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lesley

boxer1949

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 09:48:49 PM »
It must be in a rabbit warren of streets there, melv. It's off Leopold Street (which runs off the Crumlin) and Montreal Street. 
[/q   hi can some tell me is montreal st still there is there new are old houses there its for a mate of mine as his father was born in number 65 and he want me to take a photo of it to sent on to him in england

Rosser

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 01:30:02 AM »
The old houses in Montreal st on the odd numbers stopped at no 59 anything above that were demolished during the blitz the new houses built in the fifties went to number 83
How's yer belly off for blackheads