Author Topic: Catherine De Banke / George Kennedy marriage 1848  (Read 1380 times)

Christopher

Catherine De Banke / George Kennedy marriage 1848
« on: June 20, 2006, 11:48:17 PM »
In 1848 Catherine de Banke married George Kennedy on 21st April in Ireland (probably Belfast). Catherine's sister Ann married Thomas Green Phillips in Belfast in 1847. I am seeking all available information about George .. the names of his parents.. the date and the place where he was born and whether he and Catherine had any children. There are two George Kennedy's mentioned as living in Belfast in the 1852 Directory of Belfast and the Province of Ulster.

George Kennedy, cloth cutter, 21, Hamilton Street
George K. Kennedy, clerk of petty sessions, Lilliput Cottage.

Does any one know the location of this cottage? Is the location mentioned in a later directory?

Christopher

Re: Catherine De Banke / George Kennedy marriage 1848
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 06:54:59 AM »
Gee Guys,

I'm sorry I asked you to look for Lilliput Cottage. It occurred to me a few minutes ago to look for it in the Street section of the Directory. Sure enough Lilliput is situated on the Old Carrickfergus Road. Now what I would like to know is where that was situated in 1852. Where was the New one too? There were two residents at Lilliput. George K. Kennedy, Petty Sessions clerk and clerk at Lord Donegall's office lived in Lilliput Cottage. Another guy named Thomas George, general merchant, lived in Lilliput House.

I wonder which Kennedy I should consider and did any Kennedy descendent used the name De Banke as a second given name?

Christopher