Author Topic: Belfast to Australia  (Read 31274 times)

Desandel

Re: Belfast to Australia
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2012, 12:38:36 PM »
Hi WB
Yes Terry remembers Ernie very well.  Maybe you should give me a description of  Celine when she worked in HJ's and he may remember something about her.
Cheers Eleanor

Desandel

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2012, 04:15:54 AM »
Hi SH
I am sure you had a few nightmares after that incident.
Sorry to say I didn't get to meet my grandfather as he died before I was born.  Awful way to go for him.
I enjoy all your photos from Aussie.  We were in Perth this time last year.  Lovely city and we did enjoy the clean air and beaches.
The memorial park was beautiful and a great tribute to the old soldiers eh.
Take care Eleanor

woodstock boy

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2012, 07:45:11 AM »
Desandel,
I remember Terry with his Blonde Hair, well about Celine she was about 5ft 3ins lovely figure well endowed up top lol she said she went out with Terry twice the second time they Babysat fot Big Tom Graham, at Belvoir Park. I'm surprised he did'nt remember her unusal name, she worked in the Transformer Shop and he would have seen her walking with a mate to Wee Joe in the First Aid room. She was Blonde as well and her sister who worked there also,called Ann  they were like twins. Maybe the Transformershop clue might help.  [  I'm enjoying this  ] lol.
                         Woodstock boy. Norman Scott I was'nt very tall for my age at that time, they used to call me  mousey.

woodstock boy

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2012, 08:08:08 AM »
Desandel
Forgot to mention I'm off to Queensland to-morrow for 10 days to see my Son and Grandchildren, hope to catch up with you when I return.
     Woodstock boy  Bye the way can Terry remember any other mames from Scotts. ;)

woodstock boy

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2012, 10:43:57 AM »
Desandel,
 Just thought I'd mention, from Adelaide Flying to Queensland takes  2hrs 30mins it's a Big Country wow.
             Woodstock boy. ???

Desandel

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »
Hi WS
Haven't been to Adelaide yet.  Our son lives in Melbourne and we go over to see him twice a year.  We have friends living in Adelaide who moved from Brisbane a few years ago.  They live in Christies Beach.  The lady is Aussie and the bloke Kiwi.
I'll pass that info on to Terry and hopefully it will click with him.  I have a picture my brother Ian (you haven't mentioned him yet who worked in the drawing office) sent me the other day and it's of Terry in his band from the early sixties.  I'll get Des to try and put it on the thread for me.  I tried but didn't get anywhere. 
Have a good trip and hope there are no more floods around that part of the country.
Regards Eleanor

Desandel

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2012, 12:46:12 AM »
Hi WS
Just had an e-mail from Terry.  No afraid Celine still hasn't clicked with him (excuse the pun).  He has mentioned a few people he worked with.  He does remember mouse.
Jimmy Stuart was his foreman.
Rodney Sharra tool room.
Andy Johnson, Norman Patterson, Gerry McKinley.
Terry left in 1966.
That's all this time.  Enjoy your holiday. El

jillyfred

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2012, 05:44:36 PM »
Anyone living in Sydney?
If so,do you know the Surry Hills District?
Also,any shops in Sydney selling UK/Irish food-any butchers or bakeries ?
Thank you if anyone can advise.

jilly

cannon

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2012, 01:01:46 PM »
Anyone living in Sydney?
If so,do you know the Surry Hills District?
Also,any shops in Sydney selling UK/Irish food-any butchers or bakeries ?
Thank you if anyone can advise.

jilly
Hi jilly,Surry Hills is an inner suburb of Sydney,in fact when you come out of Central Railway Station and cross the road (Elizabeth Street) ,thats where Surry Hills begins. It's an area approx.  one mile long by half a mile wide. I'm sorry I don't have any experience of shopping there. I don't think one would have any difficulty in finding delicatessens etc. It's more A problem getting one to suit your taste.     There is a meat shop,Hudsons Meats,at 410,Crown Street,Surry Hills. The shop was presented on the web,and it seemed to have a selection of fresh breads as well.  I would suggest ,if shopping there, asking if they could recommend a fruit and vegetable shop close by.   Another source to try Crown Street Grocer, Shop1, 365-373 Crown Street,Surry Hills.  Hope this helps,  cannon.

jillyfred

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2012, 06:34:01 AM »
Hello Cannon,

Many thanks for your reply.
It is indeed very helpful -good to have some `start-up` names.

jilly

Nelsonwi

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2014, 11:46:02 PM »
ormeau bap,
 Hi what is your name ?? mine is norman scott [ no relation ] but I didn't start until I was  15 yrs in 1960 so might not have known you.
     woodstock boy.

Norman,

I don't known if you will remember me but my name is Bill Nelson and I was a neighbour and friend do Celine.  Are you out there?   If so would you be interested in communicating.  This is my first time using the site.  Bill

Nelsonwi

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2014, 12:01:16 AM »
I also  forgot to mention that I. Served my time as a turner in Scott's at the same time as you and played for the Dynamos.   Names I recall are the McKibbins, Tucker Miller, Hugh Johnston, Rodney Sheara, ? Davidson, as well as a lot of faces but have forgotten the names.  I married Mina Maxwell who worked in the printing office in the big house at the main entrance off Ravenhill Road.  I would love to contact Tucker Miller but do not have any contact info.

Best regards,  Bill

Bill Millar

« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2014, 06:50:15 AM »
I came from mc quillan st off Falls Rd  .  I am now in Adelaide sa .Best move we ever made

Silverstream

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2015, 08:38:28 AM »
Silverstream Ave to Adelaide in 1971, been here ever since.
Silverstream

drmmjr

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2015, 03:30:25 AM »
Lived in Collyer St. North Belfast.