Author Topic: the Half Bap  (Read 8143 times)

kevben

Re: the Half Bap
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 10:56:57 PM »
Dickie, wee paddy did live in upper meadow st for a while,but he and my sister split up mid 80s he,s originally from holywood,although there is no animosity between us,it just didnt work out for them.i,m wondering are you thinking of jim connolly whose nickname was condor,lived just below edlingham st.

Dickie

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 11:52:36 PM »
Again your right Kev, Jim Connoly lived 3 doors from edlingham st. The Andersons lived first door, McAtamenys second door then Jim, long time ago.

Dickie, wee paddy did live in upper meadow st for a while,but he and my sister split up mid 80s he,s originally from holywood,although there is no animosity between us,it just didnt work out for them.i,m wondering are you thinking of jim connolly whose nickname was condor,lived just below edlingham st.
What a marvellous night for a Moondance

apalachie

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 04:25:34 AM »
Again your right Kev, Jim Connoly lived 3 doors from edlingham st. The Andersons lived first door, McAtamenys second door then Jim, long time ago.
Dickie, Jim "Condor" Connolly lived on the opposite side of the street just below Jim Mc Shane who lived in 170. John and Bouncer Mc Atamney lived directly opposite Condor. Your Right, Richardson,s was the name I was Looking for and as coincidence would have it, it,s mentioned in the North Belfast News tonight. The Labour club was the other I couldn,t remember, can you remember the singer who was electrocuted by the mike in there one night?
Oh for all our yesterdays.

Dickie

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 04:53:56 PM »
Now i remember where Jim lived. I dont remember the name of the guy so tragically electroded in the Labour club, I was in it a few weeks after that and the story that was told to me was that it was a guitar electrocuted the guy. Apparantly it was not earthed or somethink. Might be wrong as my memory is definately banjaxed.

Dickie, Jim "Condor" Connolly lived on the opposite side of the street just below Jim Mc Shane who lived in 170. John and Bouncer Mc Atamney lived directly opposite Condor. Your Right, Richardson,s was the name I was Looking for and as coincidence would have it, it,s mentioned in the North Belfast News tonight. The Labour club was the other I couldn,t remember, can you remember the singer who was electrocuted by the mike in there one night?
What a marvellous night for a Moondance

apalachie

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2011, 06:40:29 PM »
Now i remember where Jim lived. I dont remember the name of the guy so tragically electroded in the Labour club, I was in it a few weeks after that and the story that was told to me was that it was a guitar electrocuted the guy. Apparantly it was not earthed or somethink. Might be wrong as my memory is definately banjaxed.
Can,t remember his name myself but your right, he was playing the guitar and singing and when his lips touched the mike he earthed the guitar electrocuting himself, must have been a short somewhere.

apalachie

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxKmVwiUitc
Modern day tour of the area by Joe Baker.

Meb88

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2020, 01:40:02 AM »
I was born and raised in the Half Bap. A great area and Thomas Hannon was a great guy. I used to get the auld fegs on tick from him. A lot of good memories and neighbours from that area. Hope to hear grom some of them.

Hi, just looking up on some family history and seen you’re from the Half Bap. My granda was from Dunbar street/Gordon street. Did you know anyone from that area?