Author Topic: Holy Family primary school  (Read 10052 times)

landofoz

Re: Holy Family primary school
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 02:33:40 PM »
hi there just to let you know im Philip Bannon's big sister I think he calls you Burnsy :)
G'Day from the land down under

Gerry Burns

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 03:52:35 PM »
Hello There....

My goodness its a long time since anyone has called me "Burnsy"
Yes I grew up with Philip real nice guy and has done well for himself ....I spoke to his wife a few years back when she worked in a local shop that my Bakery supplied...very nice lady in deed.
I knew Dominic also even though he was older than me ...was real sorry to hear of his death at such an early age ....such a waste.. just like my Brother-in-law Brendan Magennis known as "Beanie" who died in a horrible road accident on the Newry Rd ...
Laurence and Bill were far older so I never really knew them as for you girls I can't really remember you guys at all...I'm sure my wife Maureen would know them.
I moved away from Ponsonby when I was about 11 or 12 to Glengormly and stayed there till about 1990 then moved back to Belfast because of my business.
Anyway nice of you too contact me send my regards to Philip and tell him to start taking it easier now @59 he needs to slow down as I intend to slow down myself.
Take care
Gerry

landofoz

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2013, 01:20:32 AM »
HI AGAIN. thanks for your response, did your brother Brendan own a big house on the shore rd . Near Standard telephones & Cables.?

I will pass the message on , i live in Australia since 1981 We lost Lawrence who was my twin , and a sister in England both to Cancer.

regards margaret (maggie)

sj

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2013, 04:50:16 AM »
Hi Sam..
Thank you for your reply.... but I can't place you in The Glen Inn...Yes it was my favourite haunt in the 70's ,,,,so please clarify who you are as you obviously know me.

Yes I know the Sweeney's  .Dennis is a Doctor on the Crumlin Rd... John is a Barrister as is the youngest Brother Eamon.
I also knew the Bannons and I went to School with Philip who lives at the top of our Street and is currently self-employed as a Plumber.
Look forward to hearing from you Sam..

Kind regards
Gerry

Zasus wept  ;) ;)   It must be awful to be growing old but you are about 10 years younger than me.   Clue number 1.....who was un the car with you on the night you were being taken to hospital for a cut wrist when the window fell on top of your hand.    It was ?????.     When I was talking about Sweeney I was meaning Sweeney Todd who posted a few posts back.     :D  .hello??...aah yes  ::)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

sweenytodd

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 01:56:26 AM »
now now Samuel patience ha ha

sj

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2013, 04:18:31 AM »
now now Samuel patience ha ha

Hello Hugh. .the penny will eventually drop.? ;)   How is life with you.  Quite a number of blokes whom I knew later went to the Holy Family school.  I can't remember them all but, Philip Hart, George Rooney, Barney Mc  Laverty,Charlie Malone.  I could go on but they were blokes, including yourself who went to the H.F. school.....almost forgot the O'Neills whose father was principal of Bearnageeha . :D

landofoz

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 07:31:35 AM »
The Harts lived facing us in Atlantic ave, Brian went off to be a priest in USA,            Paul went to London , ...Kevin is a Solitor and lives on theAntrim RD.  I dont know what happened to Eugene Hart
When i got married and moved to the Limestone RD. The O'neils lived facing me in the Glenn.

:)

MarieG

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 07:52:16 AM »
I do remember Holy Family School.    Most vivid memory was when my mother went up to visit Miss Hoey for hitting me on my ears for not getting my books put away quickly enough.    When my mom came to the classroom Miss Hoey said excuse me just let me let the children leave first and my mother told her no that's okay they didn't have to leave yesterday when you hit my daughter around her ears so they can stay to listen now.    She proceeded to tell her that she would take her to the high court and needless to say Miss Hoey was never anything but nice to me from that day forward.    Funny thing was I did not tell my mom in fear of getting hit again for not listening to the teacher but my cousin had told her mom who told mine.   Hahaha thanks Celia.   After that when she would ask me if I had done my homework and I said no she would quickly say oh that's okay!!!!!

sj

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 11:06:09 AM »
The Harts lived facing us in Atlantic ave, Brian went off to be a priest in USA,            Paul went to London , ...Kevin is a Solitor and lives on theAntrim RD.  I dont know what happened to Eugene Hart
When i got married and moved to the Limestone RD. The O'neils lived facing me in the Glenn.

:)

There were two families with the same name.  Philip Hart , was the one whom I knew and he had a brother who did indeed become a priest.  The other family of Harts I also remember.  Kevin has/ had an office in Glengormley. ;)

sj

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2013, 10:13:42 AM »
Hello Gerry,

You can't remember me??

miskimmon3

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2013, 07:45:01 PM »
Past pupils & staff check out our centenary FB page

miskimmon3

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2013, 07:49:15 PM »
Holy family PS will be open 100yrs in feb2014. We would love to see old books, photos, reports etc. we will be having many celebrations throughout the next school year. Please have a look on our Facebook page & click 'like'. Make sure it's the right page (picture of The Holy Family, Mary, Joseph & Jesus) & another picture of school building[font=.helvetica neueui]. Search on Facebook for holy family primary school Belfast.[/font]
[font=.Helvetica NeueUI]
[/font]

noostyle

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2013, 12:36:55 PM »
Hi Guys

Holy Family will be celebrating their centenary in February and have set up a facebook page for it.  You should check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/holyfamilyprimaryschoolbelfast

Peter
Noostyle Web Design Belfast http://www.noostyle.com

Dark Lady

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2017, 01:39:58 AM »
Hi I went to holy family for a short time,I remember Billy the care taker,he lived on site in the house by the gate & Fr Green,he came to our house when my mum had been to get my cards, not my favourite school memories, I remember Mrs mcAteear,miss hoey.miss Downey

Dark Lady

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2017, 07:12:32 PM »
That should be Father Breen