Author Topic: BELFAST  (Read 145239 times)

irish colleen

Re: BELFAST
« Reply #510 on: January 26, 2014, 12:03:05 AM »
PW, I remember Nabney's very well - corner of "The Albert" and Templemore Avenue.  Around 1960, I was with my mother when she put on lay-by for Christmas (or put aside, or whatever they called it in those days), a blue "Grand piano and stool" for my youngest sister who was 2 years old.  Nabney's had all sorts of lovely stuff, at least to me at that time, at the age of 13.   ;)
KC.........as I look  at  this  photo  of  Nabney's   I  can  just  see  us  walking  on  down  there on Templemore  Ave, and  stopping  off  at  Als  aunts  in Martin  street  then going  on  up   to  the Newtownards  and  going  to  his  Mums  on  Susan  street  around  67-70  all happy  memories 
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

kraftcheese

« Reply #511 on: January 27, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
Colleen, I can see you, I can see you!  :D  I always thought Templemore Avenue was a lovely street.  It seemed quite a wide street to me and there were some nice houses and trees. I learned to swim in the baths there and used to go regularly.  :)
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

irish colleen

« Reply #512 on: January 27, 2014, 06:06:22 PM »
Colleen, I can see you, I can see you!  :D  I always thought Templemore Avenue was a lovely street.  It seemed quite a wide street to me and there were some nice houses and trees. I learned to swim in the baths there and used to go regularly.  :)
you probably  went  swimming  with al  and  didn't  know  it   :D his  Uncle  taught  swimming  and  he  and his  outer  cousin  always  went  there  as  kids  :o
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

kraftcheese

« Reply #513 on: January 28, 2014, 01:20:53 AM »
you probably  went  swimming  with al  and  didn't  know  it   :D his  Uncle  taught  swimming  and  he  and his  outer  cousin  always  went  there  as  kids  :o

You never know Colleen.  Loved going to the "swimmers". lol   :D :D :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

belfastbilly

« Reply #514 on: February 23, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »
im looking for some clear photos of the regal accordian band 1965.is there any chance someone on the forum has some.please send me a pm if someone puts some on.thanks.

andy

« Reply #515 on: February 23, 2014, 07:34:54 PM »

Sorry to but in..... I think it means, "Too wise you are. Too wise you be. I see you are too wise for me."
sanbrad, you are correct 1st time
yy u r yy u b i c u r yy 4 me

RH

« Reply #516 on: April 15, 2014, 07:18:55 AM »
im looking for some clear photos of the regal accordian band 1965.is there any chance someone on the forum has some.please send me a pm if someone puts some on.thanks.
   There is a video on You Tube showing the Regal accordion band With Geordie Cassidy etc. At the Orange parade you probably could get some stills from that

UnaBobby

« Reply #517 on: April 21, 2014, 08:43:44 AM »
Hi

I just wanted to say that this is a brilliant thread and I am enjoying reading it so much. Thank you to all who have contributed.

Take a bow.  :angel:

Una

CMcG

« Reply #518 on: April 21, 2014, 09:34:43 AM »
Hi

I just wanted to say that this is a brilliant thread and I am enjoying reading it so much. Thank you to all who have contributed.

Take a bow.  :angel:

Una

Agreed Una, I seriously hope someone, somewhere is archiving all of this, for in a hundred years time, some of the experiences, memories, photos, etc. posted on the Belfast Forum will be a gold mine for our descendants.

isabell lee

« Reply #519 on: June 29, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »
Glendhu hostel was in Holywood

hablin

« Reply #520 on: August 22, 2014, 09:23:54 AM »
Have only just joined and am so happy Ive found this forum. The house on the right was my Granny and Grandas house and on the left was Tommy Wiers........ there used to be a big yard on both houses as Tommy and my Granda were carters. I would really love a copy of this photo if possible. Thanks
Conlig Street Shankill Road. Last house standing 1980.

shamrock249

« Reply #521 on: August 22, 2014, 11:27:13 AM »
Welcome to the Forum hablin, just right click on the photo and then save image.
Signed ...... Mrs Cullen's wee son Jimmy.

sonnyd

« Reply #522 on: April 21, 2017, 12:01:05 PM »
Does you think that this could possibly be the late 1950's...My mum used to ride the elephants during that time period and I'm wondering if this could be her...I did have photos of her but sadly they've been misplaced...there was also one taken of the whole circus outside a town hall with a mayor but I haven't got a clue which town as the name was on the back with the photographers stamp
Garmoyle Street, Sailortown. Chipperfield Circus. Year unknown.

Highway66

« Reply #523 on: April 21, 2017, 04:49:45 PM »

Just [size=78%]Testing, To see if I can upload photos  [/size]  :-*\ :-\

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #524 on: April 21, 2017, 06:02:55 PM »

Great photo Highway 66, keep 'em coming.
We never make mistakes, we just gain experience.