Author Topic: anyone attend Slate street school in the 60's?  (Read 3861 times)

screengoddess

Re: anyone attend Slate street school in the 60's?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 05:21:28 PM »
i,m john,who are you?
from divismore park?      ?

screengoddess

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 05:26:25 PM »
i,m john,who are you?
Was your Ma Rita?

screengoddess

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 01:10:45 PM »
Was your Ma Rita?
John its Trisha Monaghan

anneflanagan

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 04:05:07 PM »
Theres a great wee page on Facebook started by auld past pupils of slate st feel free to look us up .

feejeeks

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 12:59:22 AM »
Trisha
Its John Burns,my ma was indeed Rita.How,s all your ones?Me and our Felix are in Sydney.We just met up with our Peter in Las Vegas and had a great week.Sorry for late answer but i,ve been away for two weeks and just back online today

screengoddess

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 04:07:47 PM »
Trisha
Its John Burns,my ma was indeed Rita.How,s all your ones?Me and our Felix are in Sydney.We just met up with our Peter in Las Vegas and had a great week.Sorry for late answer but i,ve been away for two weeks and just back online today
Our Marie is in hospital a lot! Botched bladder op!our Rita still at Divismore. We all live up in the new houses on the mountains at Lagmore! Michael lives in England been there 30 years! Jerry has a serious heart prob pacemaker in. We all have the usual health probs arthritis, heart etc. Hope you are all well. Good to hear you are still alive!! Ha! Ha!

feejeeks

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 10:17:44 PM »
Trisha
Good to hear from you.Tell all your ones that me and our Felix were asking about them.Same story here on the health front,arthritis,bad backs,smoking too much,i think it,s all old age,i can,t recommend it at all.If you,re ever in Divismore say hello to our Susie and Patricia
Happy Days
John

screengoddess

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 07:26:26 PM »
Trisha
Good to hear from you.Tell all your ones that me and our Felix were asking about them.Same story here on the health front,arthritis,bad backs,smoking too much,i think it,s all old age,i can,t recommend it at all.If you,re ever in Divismore say hello to our Susie and Patricia
Happy Days
John
Will do! Marie is just out of hospital! Wait and see job! None of us smoke nor drink now. Grow up with the Irish -drinking is good! All the best for now. Our Rita was asking after you all!!

Lizzy Mac

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 08:16:30 AM »
I went to school with marie monaghan  st Louises  .my husband lived beside your granny in mcdonnell st he lived in 41  please say hello to her and we hope she is better soon .

acko

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 09:48:15 PM »
I REMEMBER SIFFY GORDON, MR BURNS MR MURDOCH,  MILLIGAN THE FIDDLE PLAYER. P.E  ON THE ROOF. FREE MILK. THOSE GOD AWFUL STICK PENS AND INK WELLS. THE CHALK DUST AFTER CLEANING THE BLACKBOARD. THE VISITS FROM THE PRIEST. THE SORE HANDS FROM THE CANINGS.  WHEN HE BROKE HIS CANE ON ME, MR BURNS USED TO SEND ME AROUND TO A HARDWARE SHOP ON THE GROSVENOR ROAD TO GET A NEW ONE.  HE WAS OK AS LONG AS YOU SUPPORTED CELTIC. HE ALSO SENT ME TO GET HIS WEEKLY PAPER( THE CELTIC VIEW).    I REMEMBER IN PRIMARY ONE HAVING NAP TIME.  I LIVED IN MC DONNELL ST. SO MY GRANNY HAD ME KNEELING SAYING MORNING PRAYERS BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE. 5 MINS LATER MORE MORNING PRAYERS IN SCHOOL.  AHHHH!THE GOOD OUL DAYS  :P

screengoddess

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »
I went to school with marie monaghan  st Louises  .my husband lived beside your granny in mcdonnell st he lived in 41  please say hello to her and we hope she is better soon .
I will do. Marie has had radium treatment. Remember the McCabe family? Brendan and Mollie?