Author Topic: Do you feel their are too many foreigners in Ulster?  (Read 21898 times)

screengoddess

Do you feel their are too many foreigners in Ulster?
« on: April 17, 2011, 12:12:47 PM »
Do you think that all immigration into Ulster should be halted? The unemployment rate is getting higher every day and foreign workers are putting a strain on our welfare system and council waiting lists. Would you vote to get out of EU? :unsure:

allymac

Re: Do you feel their are too many foreigners in Ulster?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
The EU is a millstone round our necks.It forces us to accept immigrants under its laws and now we are getting overrun.I don't mind genuine folk who want to make a life here for themselves but there are too many coming over here to beg and scrounge.Having said that I know some folk born and reared here who are the same.Personally I think we were better off without the EU.
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

BigAgiesMan

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »
I think they bring a diversity and culture to our society, and I welcome them all, except for the oul begs at every corner holding out their hands. They seem to be multiplying faster than the rest  :D :swoon:
Bord na Móna

Dot/dash

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 03:32:41 PM »
I think they bring a diversity and culture to our society, and I welcome them all, except for the oul begs at every corner holding out their hands. They seem to be multiplying faster than the rest  :D :swoon:

I have no family living there now. :( Haven't been to Belfast in yonks.  :(  Who are the oul begs at every corner holding out their hands. :swoon:
love me          love my gelding     

Burnsy

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 03:42:15 PM »
I say, "the more foreigners the better", but they should not be eligable for govenment assistance or benefits until they have contrbuted to society for a minimum of five years.
It's Nice to be Nice.!!

stewie

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 03:44:49 PM »
I say, "the more foreigners the better", but they should not be eligable for govenment assistance or benefits until they have contrbuted to society for a minimum of five years.
::) who rattled your cage :-\

Burnsy

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 04:02:21 PM »
Was there any foreigners in the congregation, and did they contribute to collection plate :scratch_ones_head:
It's Nice to be Nice.!!

stewie

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 04:08:31 PM »
Was there any foreigners in the congregation, and did they contribute to collection plate :scratch_ones_head:
:) honestly burnsy i wouldn't have noticed :) we were all there as one ;) amen  :-*

Dot/dash

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 04:08:46 PM »

Are you suggesting that when the foreigners come (be very careful with your choice of words. FOREIGNER may not be politically correct) they should have jobs awaiting them. ;) ;)

What about your local people?  If the foreigners have no jobs to occupy upon arrival, do you suggest they do what the multiplying old begs do, and that is to beg. ;) ;)

If they have no jobs upon arrival how are they going to survive?  You suggested they contributed to society for a minimam of 5 years.  :angry2:

Grow up for goodness sake and talk some sense.  :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss:
love me          love my gelding     

Astor

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »
I think the more foreigners in N.I. the better, it would make a nice change -  perhaps some folk would then stop thinking Catholic and Protestant all the time, that would be a nice move forward.
Que Sera Sera

Moonlight

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 06:53:25 PM »
I think the more foreigners in N.I. the better, it would make a nice change -  perhaps some folk would then stop thinking Catholic and Protestant all the time, that would be a nice move forward.

Sadly, Astor, they then seem to transfer their hatred to the foreigners. :(
Once sent out a word takes wing beyond recall

Burnsy

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 07:08:11 PM »
I think it is important to point out that people who come to N.I. from other European countries are not foreigners according to Brussels, and N.I. people are free to move to other European countries as well.

The European community is just one big happy bankrupt family :smile:
It's Nice to be Nice.!!

apalachie

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 07:09:29 PM »

I have no family living there now. :( Haven't been to Belfast in yonks.  :(  Who are the oul begs at every corner holding out their hands. :swoon:
They are Romanians,young and old who stand and beg outside post offices, banks and shopping centres by day then sell fake flowers (£2 each) outside all the pubs and nightclubs in town at night.
Oh for all our yesterdays.

apalachie

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »
Hiya Burnsy, were you not vetted before immigrating to Canada as is the case and also the USA and Australia.
Oh for all our yesterdays.

Burnsy

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 07:20:19 PM »
Hiya Burnsy, were you not vetted before immigrating to Canada as is the case and also the USA and Australia.

Yes :angel: and passed with flying colours the 7th time.

I was under the impression that people who live in countries which are part of the EU have the right to move freely to other member countries.
It's Nice to be Nice.!!