Author Topic: Do you feel their are too many foreigners in Ulster?  (Read 21671 times)

EllCee

Re: Do you feel their are too many foreigners in Ulster?
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »
"I'm well travelled. :D "

I would guess you are much more well travelled than I am.  But, I'm not claiming that you are.

"But I thought this Thread was about Ulster  :scratch_ones_head: "

It was, until "countries north and south of the US border" were mentioned, and the thread changed track.

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Airgid

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »
Do you think that all immigration into Ulster should be halted? The unemployment rate is getting higher every day and foreign workers are putting a strain on our welfare system and council waiting lists. Would you vote to get out of EU? :unsure:

No and No.   ..the more people ( especially women.  :whistle: .) who come to this isle the better.  .. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: 

Kateme

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2011, 05:12:49 PM »
"It was, until "countries north and south of the US border" were mentioned, and the thread changed track."
I posted a comment about this because it is somewhat a similar problem, except that now of course I realize that the EU is one country, so to speak, and people from any country who belongs are free to travel and settle wherever they choose.  Please accept my humble apologies for attempting to "change the track".  :smile:
“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”

pol65

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2011, 05:16:12 PM »
Sure your not an MLA,Thats the sort of silly statements they would come off with! 
IT'S NEVER TO LATE TOO BE WHAT YOU COULD OF BEEN

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2011, 09:54:21 PM »
Mexico who mentioned Mexico!! you still can't comprehend what people wrote ??

By CHI.

True. the US borders north/south have many folks from other countriesslip through their borders. I volunteer at the public library to help non-
english speaking immigrants who after years living here now want to learn
the language. They do not want to be labeled illegal because they can't
speak english  :smile:

What NATIONALITY are  MOST of the Illegal Aliens in the

U.S.A.

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

M E X I C A N  
:scratch_ones_head:

They are  '' labeled illegal ''  because they are ILLEGAL.

Not because they don't speak ENGLISH.
:scratch_ones_head: :scratch_ones_head: :scratch_ones_head: :scratch_ones_head:

Even the " LEGAL MEXICANS "  in U.S.A., despise them.

Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

Dave78

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2011, 12:12:56 AM »
I'm all for Belfast bein all cosmopolitan and that...yeah, but witnessing a middle aged man molesting a deformed violin/trumpet hybrid is just wrong on so many levels.

Nuff said  :D

EllCee

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2011, 12:17:49 AM »
I'm all for Belfast bein all cosmopolitan and that...yeah, but witnessing a middle aged man molesting a deformed violin/trumpet hybrid is just wrong on so many levels.

I bet you are the sort of bloke who would complain about a legless WW2 veteran playing "tunes" on a wood-saw with a violin bow, just to make a few quid.

:smile:
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Dave78

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2011, 12:25:42 AM »
I bet you are the sort of bloke who would complain about a legless WW2 veteran playing "tunes" on a wood-saw with a violin bow, just to make a few quid.

Maybe in your world...I wouldn't want to grow old there  ;)

EllCee

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2011, 09:45:32 AM »
Maybe in your world...I wouldn't want to grow old there  ;)

He used to sit on the pavement outside Robinson Cleavers store in the City Centre.

Dot/dash

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2011, 10:09:14 AM »

What is this? :unsure:   Some new breed of plant species or animal? :unsure:   Davey boy perhaps you you are 78 years old and not 32.  ;)    I think you may have gotten out of the wrong side of the bed to day. :girl_blum: :girl_blum: 
love me          love my gelding     

lilylou

• Account Closed
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2011, 10:24:17 AM »

What is that thing he plays anyway lol   ...I'm all for street buskers ,but not the beggars or "Big Issue " sellers .  :angry2:

Dot/dash

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »

Davey boy, I see nothing offensive in the above post. :smile:  I rarely dish out compliments to males, but on this occasion I can tell you EllCee is not the type of person who would make offensive comments about disabled/disadvanted or mentally handicapped people.  :smile:   In fact I cannot think of anyone who would be so insensitive.  :smile:

Perhaps you would be a great deal happier if you remained on the Computer & Tech. thread. ;) ;) 
love me          love my gelding     

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2011, 10:42:46 AM »
Oh GOD no... :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

Silvertongue

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2011, 11:17:47 AM »

I know this is not directed at me. . :unsure:   ...but yeah, hand up, guilty.  :sorry:  ...I also hate those bag pipes playing scum. ... ;)

bobdenn

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2011, 07:35:04 PM »

Family of 12 Ethiopian asylum seekers who have just landed in Britain get £1,460-a-week for vast London home....

..The couple and their 10 children are receiving a staggering £1,460-a-week housing benefit from the cash-strapped Tower Hamlets council in London - Britain's poorest borough.

The jobless family - who will also be receiving other handouts such as unemployment and child benefits - only arrived in London from Africa in the past few weeks.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379150/Ethiopian-family-12-just-landed-Britain-handed-1-460-week-live-vast-London-home.html#ixzz1KBSlp51Z