Author Topic: Do you feel their are too many foreigners in Ulster?  (Read 21685 times)

sj

Re: Do you feel their are too many foreigners in Ulster?
« Reply #315 on: April 10, 2014, 08:06:38 AM »
   Mark.....the Celts were ...are foreigners also.  The Celts didn't originate in Ireland.  :o  Queen Elizabeth can trace her bloodline to King David   .1000 bc ,,,through the Irish bloodline when an Irish Prince  married a Jewish Princess and a female descendant of theirs married into the British Royal family?? ... :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

Skully1

« Reply #316 on: April 10, 2014, 01:55:45 PM »
   Mark.....the Celts were ...are foreigners also.  The Celts didn't originate in Ireland.  :o  Queen Elizabeth can trace her bloodline to King David   .1000 bc ,,,through the Irish bloodline when an Irish Prince  married a Jewish Princess and a female descendant of theirs married into the British Royal family?? ... :)

Do you have a link for this please?   As far as I am aware the furthest back you can go, royalty or not, is about 500 AD so a link would be helpful.

flaxman

« Reply #317 on: April 10, 2014, 02:49:19 PM »

I have lived and worked in nearly all European countries and have been subjected to some of the most vile and violent bigotry you could imagine, I was beaten up in East Germany, Poland and Romania, I was threatened with Death in Brazil and Mexico
Flaxman,  is it possible that you were doing something wrong?  In Mexico, you probably are considered to be a 'Gringo'. :whistle:
Far from doing anything wrong I was doing everything right ,playing my part as a guest and at the invitation of governments and companies to provide employment for the local population. My point was and is bigotry, discrimination and racism are not the preserve of the Northern Irish. Try spending a year working in Poland or Romania.

Dommo

« Reply #318 on: April 10, 2014, 03:02:07 PM »
Far from doing anything wrong I was doing everything right ,playing my part as a guest and at the invitation of governments and companies to provide employment for the local population. My point was and is bigotry, discrimination and racism are not the preserve of the Northern Irish. Try spending a year working in Poland or Romania.
true they are no ones monopoly. Every society has it, including minorities . Peeps should not ever promote it or  but into it.
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

tboy

« Reply #319 on: April 10, 2014, 06:34:14 PM »
70 BC?, sure you dont mean 1970  ???
thats the one  :D

sonofshanks

« Reply #320 on: April 10, 2014, 07:43:19 PM »
Just wonder what would happen to the Health Service in Northern Ireland, if one removed all the 'foreigners' ?  ::) ::)
I wanted to build a fortress, a bastion of invincibility.

Dommo

« Reply #321 on: April 10, 2014, 07:52:03 PM »
Just wonder what would happen to the Health Service in Northern Ireland, if one removed all the 'foreigners' ?  ::) ::)
indont know but I was grateful when I was eight years old to be treated by a doc who was Indian. She was really cute too
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

harrison

« Reply #322 on: April 10, 2014, 09:00:50 PM »
There is no free benefits or free housing in Romania or the eastern bloc countries,but the U.K. taxpayers have to provide education,health care,free money to these people who have no intention of working when they can freeload,and be on a pig's back.
Send them home where they can live off their own governments and the E.U. and the I.M.F.

sj

« Reply #323 on: April 10, 2014, 11:50:31 PM »
Do you have a link for this please?   As far as I am aware the furthest back you can go, royalty or not, is about 500 AD so a link would be helpful.

Hello Skully,

It is a well known story and often used by anti monarchists. There are several different links that appear and one in particular is very derogatory in that it talks about the queen sitting on a false throne  .they all make interesting reading . All the links can be found under " British Royalty links to King David.   I don't have enough time to search the internet for links to that individual story.
The link is really between a member of an Irish chieftain's son and a Jewish Princess and then into the British Royal family.   The main point of my post was in agreemwnt with Dommo in that the Celts were not native to Ireland. surprised that you have not heard about it before. :)

ias

« Reply #324 on: April 11, 2014, 12:38:25 AM »

Her name was Scotia and she was the daughter of an Egyptian Pharaoh known as Friel. She is said to have brought with her the Stone Destiny. Fergus, son of Erc. As the first King of the Scots in Scotland, he is recorded to have brought the stone from Ulidia to Argyll (both part of the Kingdom of  Dalriada), and was crowned on it, which our present monarch was crowned on and every other one, since Edward I brought it to London from Scotland. It is said as the legend goes the Stone of Jacob taken by Jacob while in Haran.

sj

« Reply #325 on: April 11, 2014, 03:04:40 AM »
 This link might be a bit more accurate in that it states that the stone of destiny came through Ireland  .. The link that was posted by T.C. is only a link to a discussion group....This is very comprehensive :D

IAS. .This is all good stuff and might be a surprise to many people who didn't know about the link between the Queen and King David .   Of course none of it can be proven. ???http://asis.com/users/stag/stone.html
If the link doesn't work add " The Irish Coronation stone" to your browser. ....fantastic story.

sj

« Reply #326 on: April 11, 2014, 03:12:53 AM »
 If you read the stone line at the bottom of the page then it states that some of it can be proven and the remainder is in the bible.   :D

doare.

« Reply #327 on: April 11, 2014, 04:42:01 AM »
the celts are the first indentifiable race in Ireland, and according to the DNA, they merged with the Neolithic dwellers without much struggle, in other words the celtic incoming peoples blended without much problem...read BRYAN SYKES professor of genetics at oxford, his books are written for the layman/woman...and they came from the Iberian peninsula, we are not the European celts as was once thought, we are a different line, the DNA does not lie...so all the people of Ireland north and south? if tested would have mostly the same genetic blueprint, aren't we lucky? enjoy, it wont be like this for long...even the picts are of the same strock, the angles Saxons normans hardly made a dent genetically, culturally and politically they did.
"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?” ....shaw..

doare.

« Reply #328 on: April 11, 2014, 04:45:31 AM »
The genes seem to fit with the story, and using these principles, Sykes sets out on a genetic journey across the four regions of the Isles (England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland), revealing the genetic signatures of the various postulated waves of conquest, immigration, raiding, etc., from the original Mesolithic colonisers of the land, to later arrivals, including Romans, Vikings, Saxons, Normans, and other assorted peoples. The detailed unpicking of the results makes fascinating reading, but the conclusion (and I hope the reader doesn't mind a bit of a “spoiler”) is that the genetic signature of the original inhabitants of the Isles (who may be equated with the “Celts”, albeit not genetically connected with the Celts of Europe) remains very strong - indeed vastly predominant. The conquests were primarily cultural, with much less displacement of the original populations than was previously assumed. This may well be a general principle in history, and the tales of large scale exoduses and migrations of entire populations may be a tad hyperbolic. Results from other populations will undoubtedly spark future debates.

“Blood of the Isles” is written in a similar tone to Sykes's other books, and as such it is very readable and enjoyable. The detailed genetic analysis is skimmed over, which might leave the author open to a charge of “dumbing down”; the non-technical reader, on the other hand, will probably welcome this. Occasionally the gushing references to the emotion of the whole enterprise are slightly overplayed, and certain parts of the text are a bit repetitive (or derived from the previous books). However, this does not detract from a rollicking and entertaining jaunt through the history of our little corner of Europe, in the pursuit of that most fundamental of questions: “Who are we?.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1940284/..
"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?” ....shaw..

Skully1

« Reply #329 on: April 11, 2014, 09:35:35 AM »

Hello Skully,

It is a well known story and often used by anti monarchists. There are several different links that appear and one in particular is very derogatory in that it talks about the queen sitting on a false throne  .they all make interesting reading . All the links can be found under " British Royalty links to King David.   I don't have enough time to search the internet for links to that individual story.
The link is really between a member of an Irish chieftain's son and a Jewish Princess and then into the British Royal family.   The main point of my post was in agreemwnt with Dommo in that the Celts were not native to Ireland. surprised that you have not heard about it before. :)

I knew about the Celts was just surprised at the information you quoted about the Queen.   It is my understanding that 'written' records are only be reasonably (and I use this word advisably) accurate going back to around 500 AD...anything else is pure speculation.    Still, I will try to find the links you refer to.

Thank you.