Author Topic: goodbye  (Read 6326 times)

giannineo

goodbye
« on: May 14, 2007, 06:24:16 PM »
I am leaving the Belfast Forum now FOR PERSONAL REASONS ONLY.
   Thank you for the friendship, learning, answers to my queries and the craic.
        I wish the Forum well and would ask not to be contacted, all the best, Giannineo.

teap

Re: goodbye
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 06:27:46 PM »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  :'(

acheux_rifleman

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 06:28:32 PM »
G. Have a wee think. If it means taking a step back for a couple of weeks, albeit, but you'll be a sad loss to the site.

Sometimes a wee bit of reflection from outside isn't a bad thing. I know!!

Your friend,

Phil.
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go
Always a little further - it may be
Beyond the last blue mountain barred with snow,
Across that angry or t

kat1

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 06:29:05 PM »
I too am leaving the forum!

kat

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 06:33:06 PM »
Look in now and again, g. Why leave altogether ??? I'll miss your craic.

That's two away and I'll not be on so much. Five minutes on genealogy boards is not on >:(

teap

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 06:36:38 PM »
Christopher you really dont want him to answer that do you?
Im heart broke my wee mucker G is laving me. and so is my other mucker kat and im bloody fed up  :'(

teap

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 06:37:36 PM »
Look in now and again, g. Why leave altogether ??? I'll miss your craic.

That's two away and I'll not be on so much. Five minutes on genealogy boards is not on >:(

He changed it to 10 minutes.

Bogeyman

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 06:43:23 PM »
Good luck G and may life take you on a smooth road. I have enjoyed your company on this forum and you injected great wit and knowledge into so many topics.
I hope that your personal reasons are not of a serious nature and that you may take the odd wee duke at the boards in the future. Having made a point myself of not posting so frequently I discovered so many more things to do and I hope that you too find other uses for your talents.
All the very best in whatever you may do.
Bogey
If it was'nt for venetian blinds it would be curtains for everybody!

Mooncoin

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 07:13:35 PM »
Hi G

Sorry to hear you are going, you are one of the funniest people on the forum and I have always enjoyed your posts,  I hope nothing serious is wrong and maybe you'll come back at some stage.  Your post are always fun and your views always fair, the forum will definately be losing an asset.

All the best

MC

stewie

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 07:18:54 PM »
        I wish the Forum well and would ask not to be contacted, all the best, Giannineo.
:'( all the best G ;) so the constant bickering, picking argunments and general stupitity of some members of this forum has got you down ??? you call it personal reasons mate ;D your to much of a gent to say otherwise ;D think i gonna hit the road as well ;D dont really care much for some folks attitudes anymore :-X never log in so much now its a turn of instead of the fun i thought it was gonna be ::)but hey let them argue im goin to the pub :P :P cya G big AL and all the others members with a sense of humour ;D you know who you are :D

Christopher

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 07:37:53 PM »
It sounds as though a lot of us are going one way or another.

If I miss your final farewell messages   good luck and take care 8)

shamrockuk

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 07:53:58 PM »

Giannineo you were one of the first people I spoke to on this forum. .It will be strange to not see you here and I know you will be sorely missed by all your friends here.I sincerely hope your "PERSONAL REASONS " are not of a serious nature but if they are, I hope you can resolve them to the best of your ability.

You have a knack of making people laugh out loud with your antics so please don't let us be without you for too long.

God Bless and take care xx
No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

ballykeel

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 10:01:34 PM »
My dear G,
I have only just met you, and you have made me laugh, cry, sigh and many other things, I will be sorry that you are leaving, especially as I thought you were a wee 'scotchman' ;D, I hope that your 'personal reasons' are not of a serious nature, as everyone else has said, but could I for one, who is fairly new to the Forum, plead with you not to go, as I do enjoy reading your posts. You have [censored] across, to me anyway, as a caring and thoughtful man, who has a  ;D'wicked' ;D sense of humour, dont leave us, the place wont be the same without you, but if that's your 'final answer' (as Chris Tarrant would say) ::) I wish you and your good lady, all the best and take care of each other. Will miss you lots.  :-* :-*
Ballykeel
'Love all, trust few, always paddle your own canoe'

Arlene

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 10:39:46 PM »
As a very new member I'm sorry to see you go as you were one of the first people to welcome me.
Good luck for the future. :(
Be kind to one another because everyone is fighting some sort of battle

aussietrekker

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 11:45:20 PM »
I understand.
I've been observing [censored] of all kinds unfold for months, and like the prime directive in Star Trek, kept a non-interference policy. It would have been a useless exercise to comment.
You just can't p*ss against the wind, and it's sad for the rest of us when folk decide in bulk to retire.
Well I'm bloody staying . Neither to support anyone, nor to spite anyone, I just like it here, and if things go stale without the others, I'll just fade away anonymously.
I want to thank G for giving me the happiest asthma attacks of my life. It's dangerous for me to laugh so much.

Hooroo ol' son.

"Never confuse religion with spirituality."
-Father Bob Maguire, South Melbourne. 2011.