Author Topic: 14 - 18 Skipton Street, Baptist Mission Hall.  (Read 8908 times)

rur

Re: 14 - 18 Skipton Street, Baptist Mission Hall.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 03:58:43 PM »
 think there was a jackie patterson and a young lad cupples was his last name . did you ever pick spuds for locharts
learn by the mistake of others,you wont live long enough to make  them all your self

william bickerstaffe

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 04:15:43 PM »
no lol i didnt but i used to go in to jennie reids and get some things on the tick lol

rur

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »
did you go to east bread st school?or was that before your time :)
learn by the mistake of others,you wont live long enough to make  them all your self

william bickerstaffe

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 04:21:57 PM »
i went to megain then to the avenue u?

rur

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 04:36:14 PM »
thanks bill enjoyed the natter the info on deny ttyl

Ginger

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 03:58:42 PM »
Hi william, hope you r well I went to sunday school in baptist hall on albertbridge rd, sunday school trips were great, we lived next
door to the majurys, know all the names that was mention, gorddie hayes, frankie hayes r gone frankie passed away few weeks ago, take care.

Ginger  :(

ella

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 07:30:45 PM »
frankie hayes was buried a few weeks ago

ella

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 07:33:14 PM »
the people i remember were the warnocks ,gormans natalie skates. the baptist church was great.

rur

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 07:42:29 PM »
was willie or billy wanock?

jay66

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 06:22:32 PM »
the people i remember were the warnocks ,gormans natalie skates. the baptist church was great.
Hi my Granda and Dad were John and Robert Gorman. I loved the skip when I was a child, penny drinks in the summer and the street parties. :)

[email protected]

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2012, 04:26:43 PM »
Hi Ginger, Minnie warnock was my Great Granny and Annie is my Granny.  Oh and of Course Granny Murphy was my great Great granny, small world.  Did you know my dad Geordie as well he lived with his granny Minnie?  All my granny's children are still living except aunt Maggie who passed away in March this year.  I have been doing a family tree trace, so I have had a good hoke at where they all lived, it was hilarious they seemed to live in about 4 or 5 different houses in the street.  Do you have any old pics of the street - street parties etc?  I have one that one of my family had i must try and post it for you, still new to this so Ill have to work out how to add them.  If you have face book, we have a group called "A group off friends from the newtown albert beersbridge and woodstock roads", there are a few on it from the Newton and Albertbridge roads. you might enjoy the craic.  We have only started it yesterday, but already we have pics uploaded and about 100 members, would be great if you would join and share.  Ill try and post the pic I have  :)
Hi Miss Lexilee. My mothers Family came from Skipton St.They lived in the first house from the fire station which was once a shop.Their name was Baxter and I think they were related to the Warnocks.My grandfather,who was killed at the Somme also had a brother in the street called William Murphy.

misslexilea

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 10:44:07 AM »
Sammy are you related to Mags Ennis? I have met up  with Mags, shes a lovely lady. We are related through William Murphy, he is the father of Minnie Warnock who was my great granny. William was also the brother of your grandfather Henry Murphy. Have you had a look at some of Mags' photos? She has a picture of my GG granda William and he is very like your father. Such a small world isn't it. Lovely to hear from you xx

misslexilea

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
was willie or billy wanock?
[/quot

Rur, Willie Warnock is my granny's brother. Did you know him from the Skip?

sammymurphy

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 09:02:47 AM »
Sammy are you related to Mags Ennis? I have met up  with Mags, shes a lovely lady. We are related through William Murphy, he is the father of Minnie Warnock who was my great granny. William was also the brother of your grandfather Henry Murphy. Have you had a look at some of Mags' photos? She has a picture of my GG granda William and he is very like your father. Such a small world isn't it. Lovely to hear from you xx
Yes! Mags is my sister.

vision tech

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 10:50:49 PM »
I lived in hunt st in the 50s and can remember looking out my back bedroom window and seeing the firebrigade coming out off the firestation at the corner off skipton st sounding its we bell dingaling,, in the early 70s the firestation became a joiners workplace, i think it was called rodgers or something like that, can anyone tell me did the place once become a car sales place possibly citroen in the late 70s early 80s, my son seems to remember it but i cant?