Author Topic: 14 - 18 Skipton Street, Baptist Mission Hall.  (Read 8886 times)

bobdenn

14 - 18 Skipton Street, Baptist Mission Hall.
« on: May 17, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »
SLIDE0584.jpg

Ginger

Re: 14 - 18 Skipton Street, Baptist Mission Hall.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 03:19:44 PM »
Hi Bobdenn, have just seen your photo of Skipton St Mission Hall I went to that Hall, I was born in Skipton St lived there up to 1974, there r no house there now just a tea factory it was great to c photo of the old Mission Hall, Thank u for posting it. :smile:

Ginger

bobdenn

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:39:21 PM »
Hi Bobdenn, have just seen your photo of Skipton St Mission Hall I went to that Hall, I was born in Skipton St lived there up to 1974, there r no house there now just a tea factory it was great to c photo of the old Mission Hall, Thank u for posting it. :smile:

Ginger

Ginger,

My pleasure.  And if you have any photos of Skipton Street or surrounding area, please post them.

:hi:

Boo

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 11:54:32 PM »
Friends of mine came Skipton Street x May Neillx

Ginger

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 04:33:22 PM »
Hi Boo, I know May Nield also her sister nellie, brothers, robert, george, tommy they lived near the bottom of The Skip as many people called it, was a great street to live in neighbours were brill. :smile:  Ginger

misslexilea

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »
Hi there my family lived in skipton street from around 1915 onwards Murphys/Warnocks, I think they took up quite a lot of the houses in the street and lived there and Carnforth Street until 1980s whent he street was demolished.  Does anyone remember them??
 :)

Ginger

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 11:26:11 AM »
Hi misslexilea, I lived in skipton st knew a lady called granny murphy also a minnie warnock her husband george also their children evelyn, annie, maggie, willie, may, georgia, martha, olive, granny murphy lived at bottom of the street she was minnie warnocks mother, minnie and her family lived at number 55 skipton st we lived in 45. take care,

Ginger  :)

rur

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
think there was a family called maher or a name close to that might have been jim maher
learn by the mistake of others,you wont live long enough to make  them all your self

misslexilea

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 08:21:53 PM »
Hi misslexilea, I lived in skipton st knew a lady called granny murphy also a minnie warnock her husband george also their children evelyn, annie, maggie, willie, may, georgia, martha, olive, granny murphy lived at bottom of the street she was minnie warnocks mother, minnie and her family lived at number 55 skipton st we lived in 45. take care,

Hi Ginger, Minnie warnock was my Great Granny and Annie is my Granny.  Oh and of Course Granny Murphy was my great Great granny, small world.  Did you know my dad Geordie as well he lived with his granny Minnie?  All my granny's children are still living except aunt Maggie who passed away in March this year.  I have been doing a family tree trace, so I have had a good hoke at where they all lived, it was hilarious they seemed to live in about 4 or 5 different houses in the street.  Do you have any old pics of the street - street parties etc?  I have one that one of my family had i must try and post it for you, still new to this so Ill have to work out how to add them.  If you have face book, we have a group called "A group off friends from the newtown albert beersbridge and woodstock roads", there are a few on it from the Newton and Albertbridge roads. you might enjoy the craic.  We have only started it yesterday, but already we have pics uploaded and about 100 members, would be great if you would join and share.  Ill try and post the pic I have  :)

misslexilea

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 08:54:46 PM »

Ginger not sure what Im doing here with regards to adding pics, ive tried to add the one I have, but not sure whether it has worked, have you any tips on how to add the pics?

misslexilea

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 09:02:34 PM »

I hope you recognise some of the people Ginger x

[/img]

Ginger

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 09:10:31 AM »
Hi misslexilea, thanks for the photo yes I know some of people in pic, I know your dad very well your dad's aunt georgia was married to my husbands uncle his name was ernie, take care.

william bickerstaffe

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »
hi ginger i went to the little gospel hall across from skipton st albertbridge lived in the 4 h.swe used to play the skip every wed round stewards back happy days Wee bap hayes and denny, Majury,. keenan. great people

rur

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 02:57:34 PM »
wb was bap hayes first name deny or danny?
learn by the mistake of others,you wont live long enough to make  them all your self

william bickerstaffe

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 03:48:53 PM »
rur hughie was bap god bless him a great wee guy denny was his nephew and he played for the blues . Deny is in canada i believe i met him a few years back. very nice family