Author Topic: 14 - 18 Skipton Street, Baptist Mission Hall.  (Read 8895 times)

Foundry

Re: 14 - 18 Skipton Street, Baptist Mission Hall.
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 11:02:39 AM »
My grandfathers brother lived either next door or very close to the baptist hall his name was Alec (smiler) Moore who also scouted football for various irish leauge teams!
Them that made no mistakes,never made anything!

samreid

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 09:44:38 AM »
Hi All, My mum came from Skipton Street. her name was Teenie Reid (nee Guy) they lived in 10 Skipton Street, which was just down from the Mission Hall, does anyone remeber the family.

Ginger

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 05:47:30 PM »
Hi Sam, I can remember the Guy family, I lived in 45 Skipton St,
Ginger

samreid

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 09:35:53 AM »
Hi Ginger, thanks for the response, the only one left from the Guy's is my Aunt Mary (Ferguson). Davey, Agnes, Geordie, Sammy , Jean and my mum (Teenie) have all passed away. Mary still lives in Hornby Street off Albertbridge Road. did you live in Skipton Street or were you like us and visit family that lived there, I remember getting in trouble form my Granny for urinating on her whitewash walls out the back I was only 5 years old then hahahaha :D . anyway good to hear from you

Ginger

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 04:41:50 PM »
Hi Sam, I lived in Skipton St until 1974 when I moved out to Dundonald, my ganny lived in the skip also my mum and dad, I have six brothers, three sisters, there is not many people left who lived in the skip, hope u r well,  :)
Ginger

Julius van Nostrom

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 04:29:38 PM »
i went to megain then to the avenue u?

If that was Templemore Avenue School WB, were you ever in the silver band?

Julius van Nostrom

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 04:32:32 PM »
I lived in hunt st in the 50s and can remember looking out my back bedroom window and seeing the firebrigade coming out off the firestation at the corner off skipton st sounding its we bell dingaling,, in the early 70s the firestation became a joiners workplace, i think it was called rodgers or something like that, can anyone tell me did the place once become a car sales place possibly citroen in the late 70s early 80s, my son seems to remember it but i cant?

I remember the Citroen garage VT but think it was further down the Albert - although still on the same side as the fire station.

fred g

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 10:26:39 PM »
Foundry I remember a smiler moore think he came from around wolff st and possibly had sister who lived there. I think he scouted for crusaders

Foundry

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 05:59:33 PM »
one and the same fred,also scouted for the glens and distillery,they reckon he knew every playing field in northern ireland,he also was door steward in the welders later on.
Them that made no mistakes,never made anything!

Jim Kane

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2013, 10:38:12 PM »
My Grandmother, Florence (Flo) Fleming was born on Skipton Street. I have her in the 1911 census as 8 years old living in No 24. She later married Francis (Frank) Barnes from Bloomfield Avenue. A bit far back for living memory but I would love to hear more about the area around that era. Glad I found this site, great resources and on line community

hender1

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 02:50:43 PM »
great photos

skipgirl

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 05:47:09 PM »
What a shock!! That's my granny back row fourth from right. Mrs Marshall. I'm writing a story on her life. Heart just leapt when I spotted her. wow!
 :o

I hope you recognise some of the people Ginger x

Pastelraven

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2014, 06:31:41 PM »
Yes, there was a Citreon Garage there for quite a few years. I was away all of the 70's so I don't know when it opened. I remember the joiners before that we used to go there for window glass, the stuff with the wire through it.