Author Topic: St. Mary's Church of Ireland, Crumlin Road.  (Read 18203 times)

JA

Re: St. Mary's Church of Ireland, Crumlin Road.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 02:31:40 AM »
Thanks,  Jonnty/Ja/chi,  I  think  I  know  the  Church ? , was  it  across
from Wilton's  Funeral  parlor ?? ( or  close  to it )

Barry, I think you are right. If my memory serves me right Wilton's was on the Crumlin Road between Silvio St and Tennent St on the opposite side of the road from St.Mary's.
JA.

barry

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 03:09:27 AM »

Barry, I think you are right. If my memory serves me right Wilton's was on the Crumlin Road between Silvio St and Tennent St on the opposite side of the road from St.Mary's.
JA.

:good: :good: :drinks:
THAT'S  THE  WAY  I  SEE  IT, THAT'S  THE  WAY I  TELL  IT.

Patricia Margaret

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 01:44:42 AM »
Thanks for the photos.  Yes the other street was McCandless Street. Wilton's was further up on the right hand side of the Crumlin opposite the block in between McCandless Street and the other Street???? can't remember it, but there was a bookies in it.  Now before there are any comments - the answer is no - I did not frequent the bookies, haven't ever been in one but the street was well known because of the bookies being in it!  anyone remember the name of the Street, it would be the one below Tennent Street.

JA

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 02:48:33 AM »
Thanks for the photos.  Yes the other street was McCandless Street. Wilton's was further up on the right hand side of the Crumlin opposite the block in between McCandless Street and the other Street? :scratch_ones_head: can't remember it, but there was a bookies in it.  Now before there are any comments - the answer is no - I did not frequent the bookies, haven't ever been in one but the street was well known because of the bookies being in it!  anyone remember the name of the Street, it would be the one below Tennent Street.

Was it Geofrey Street or Vistula Street??
JA.

Patricia Margaret

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 02:53:12 AM »
No, but Vistula Street and Harrison Street ran off it, and it ran down to Danube Street.

JA

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 03:34:39 AM »
No, but Vistula Street and Harrison Street ran off it, and it ran down to Danube Street.

So which way did Geofrey Street run in relation with Vistula street and Harrison Street and Crumlin Road, do you remember? I am lost.
JA.

irish colleen

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 05:19:35 PM »
Patricia Margaret I had cousins lived in danube street  all those places are all gone now arn't they  ???????? IC
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

DOFFER

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »
st marys church wall brought back memories  as kids we used to walk along it then run likethe wind when rev buccannan  chased us lol,

stmarys was between sylvo st &mc candles st ,

i lived in harrison st  so not far towalk for infants school

geoffery st , then vistula st  harrison
st  followed by danube st  which ran into mc candles and sylvo st ,lol

langly st ran of geoffery st coming from crumlin rd side rd
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'

jmac

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 07:11:50 PM »
I was christened in St Marys,
Wilton's was just below Everton St.
The Bookies was in Geofrey St.
Vistula St ran from Geofrey St to McCandless St.
barry,it was The big church facing you when you came out of Rosewood St onto the Crumlin Rd :smile:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique

JA

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »
I was christened in St Marys,
Wilton's was just below Everton St.
The Bookies was in Geofrey St.
Vistula St ran from Geofrey St to McCandless St.
barry,it was The big church facing you when you came out of Rosewood St onto the Crumlin Rd :smile:

jmac, just to get the memory going. Running onto Crumlin Road
was Tennent Street,(Presbyterian Church) then Geofrey Street??
JA.

jmac

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2011, 09:04:30 PM »

jmac, just to get the memory going. Running onto Crumlin Road
was Tennent Street,(Presbyterian Church) then Geofrey Street??
JA.
Then McCandlees St, St Marys church, Silvio St. the old memory is going a bit as regards the order of the next few streets, Harryville st, Jaffa St, Snugville st, Queensland St, Tudor Place, Lyle St, Agnes St.as I said the order may not be right below Silvio St. :scratch_ones_head: :smile:

Facing Crumlin rd presbyterian church was, Walton St, Everton St,Rosewood St, Yarrow St, Albertville Drive(I think it was drive?) Century St. junction of the Oldpark & Crumlin Rd's  :smile: :smile:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique

JA

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 09:15:35 PM »
Then McCandlees St, St Marys church, Silvio St. the old memory is going a bit as regards the order of the next few streets, Harryville st, Jaffa St, Snugville st, Queensland St, Tudor Place, Lyle St, Agnes St.as I said the order may not be right below Silvio St. :scratch_ones_head: :smile:

Facing Crumlin rd presbyterian church was, Walton St, Everton St,Rosewood St, Yarrow St, Albertville Drive(I think it was drive?) Century St. junction of the Oldpark & Crumlin Rd's  :smile: :smile:

jmac. I had forgotten most of the Street names. Thanks for bringing the memories back.
JA.

Patricia Margaret

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 03:24:38 AM »
jmac good memory. Irish Colleen I don't know if Danube
Street is still there or not.

Thanks for letting me know it was Geoffrey Street.

JA

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 04:02:51 AM »
Patricia Margaret I had cousins lived in danube street  all those places are all gone now arn't they  :scratch_ones_head: :scratch_ones_head: ?? IC

If you Google-Earth Tennent Street at Crumlin Road you will see that there is still a Geoffery Sreet running down to Sydney Street West. A Langley Street running (from Tennent Street) joining into Vistula Street to MacCandless Street, and also Dunube Street, but all the old homes are gone replaced with new-styled ones. I could not see any indication of Harrison Street.
At least the city is keeping some of the old names.  :smile: :smile:
JA.

DOFFER

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 01:12:44 PM »

If you Google-Earth Tennent Street at Crumlin Road you will see that there is still a Geoffery Sreet running down to Sydney Street West. A Langley Street running (from Tennent Street) joining into Vistula Street to MacCandless Street, and also Dunube Street, but all the old homes are gone replaced with new-styled ones. I could not see any indication of Harrison Street.
At least the city is keeping some of the old names.  :smile: :smile:
JA.

hi , harrison st is now called harrison parade lol ,as itwas myold home  :( i went looking for it but got confused with all the new areas :scratch_ones_head:
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'