Author Topic: Belfast Flower Sellers  (Read 6862 times)

redzer

Re: Belfast Flower Sellers
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2017, 11:28:24 PM »
I remember these two ladys in the photo very well. It was my granny who sold the flowers in cornmarket outside the entrance to the old Mooneys. She moved their in the seventies after years at the City Hall

Max2018

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »
Hi am Laura  :P

Loneygrandchild

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2019, 11:02:09 PM »
Hi, I am interested in finding information or relatives connected to Annie Barr & her sister Nellie McGuiness the flower sellers in Belfast.
I see from other posts on the forum that family members have posted.
I am researching the Neeson family & have information on Mary Neeson & her sister Susan.
Mary married James O誰eill in St. Peters in 1891 & they had a daughter Sarah who moved to France in the 1920s.
Susan married James Barr in St. Peters in 1901 & their daughter Annie Barr lived in France for a time with her cousin Sarah O誰eill.
Some other names I知 interested in are Margaret Graham, Jimmy Reid, his sister Mary Reid & his aunt Bella McAlay.
Jimmy Reid travelled to France with Sarah O誰eill.
They were connected to the linen industry & were making handkerchiefs in a village in France.
LGC
Dempsey Rooney McGivern Nolan Hughes O'Neill Bogue O'Hara Boyle Madden Donnelly Downey Fegan Foster Farr Sheils McCormack Gracey Gallagher McDowell

BelfastGal2019

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2019, 02:09:13 AM »
Hi, I am interested in finding information or relatives connected to Annie Barr & her sister Nellie McGuiness the flower sellers in Belfast.
I see from other posts on the forum that family members have posted.
I am researching the Neeson family & have information on Mary Neeson & her sister Susan.
Mary married James O誰eill in St. Peters in 1891 & they had a daughter Sarah who moved to France in the 1920s.
Susan married James Barr in St. Peters in 1901 & their daughter Annie Barr lived in France for a time with her cousin Sarah O誰eill.
Some other names I知 interested in are Margaret Graham, Jimmy Reid, his sister Mary Reid & his aunt Bella McAlay.
Jimmy Reid travelled to France with Sarah O誰eill.
They were connected to the linen industry & were making handkerchiefs in a village in France.
LGC

Hi there, I知 trying to trace Susan Neeson & Her family. She would have been my great great grandmother

Loneygrandchild

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2019, 02:07:22 PM »
Hi BelfastGal, if my research is correct then this should be your Neeson family.

Children born to John Neeson & Annie Mullan:

John 59 on 1911 census. Married Elizabeth Brown 1896.
Patrick 50 on 1911 census. Married Sarah Kerr 1889.
Margaret 60 on 1911 census.
Catherine 26 on 1901 census.
1864 Sarah A. Married Joseph Derham/Denham 1906.
1866 Mary. Married James O誰eill 1891.
1869 Daniel
1872 William. Married Mary Connolly 1911.
1876 Susan. Married James Barr 1901.

I will PM you other details,
LGC
Dempsey Rooney McGivern Nolan Hughes O'Neill Bogue O'Hara Boyle Madden Donnelly Downey Fegan Foster Farr Sheils McCormack Gracey Gallagher McDowell