Author Topic: I Miss The Smell Of Belfast  (Read 14437 times)

sj

Re: I Miss The Smell Of Belfast
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2013, 11:03:04 PM »
no one n Cali believes they eat seaweed, the tight I was joking. I didn't even mention " yellow man" cos it sounds racist.

Does noone in California eat Sushi ;) ;)    Most fertilisers today seem to be seaweed based so it must be good.
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

Dommo

« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2013, 11:13:15 PM »

Does noone in California eat Sushi ;) ;)    Most fertilisers today seem to be seaweed based so it must be good.
Oh yes they sure do! Watashi wa Irarando Jin desu! But when I told them we et dried up seaweed out of a bag, they just looked at me like "yeah, right..."
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

tommytwotoes

« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2013, 11:54:35 PM »
Oh yes they sure do! Watashi wa Irarando Jin desu! But when I told them we et dried up seaweed out of a bag, they just looked at me like "yeah, right..."
notin wrong wa bita dulice dommo great stuff id kill for bag dont do it in england   :(  tommy
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96

Dommo

« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2013, 12:01:53 AM »
notin wrong wa bita dulice dommo great stuff id kill for bag dont do it in england   :(  tommy
I miss it> I wa looking for it when I was over but didn't know where to get it.

tommytwotoes

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2013, 12:20:52 AM »
I miss it> I wa looking for it when I was over but didn't know where to get it.
you can still buy it in belfast dommo my mate brought me some back just after crimbo said must fruit an veg shops still do it rgds tommy
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96

sj

« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2013, 04:05:48 AM »
  You can buy it Dommo on the Antrim coast road.      It usually comes in a beg with all the nutrient values and the number of kilojules on the side?? ;) ;)   otherwise it can be bought under the counter with Poteen. :D  and no health warnings.
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

Dommo

« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2013, 05:03:27 AM »
you can still buy it in belfast dommo my mate brought me some back just after crimbo said must fruit an veg shops still do it rgds tommy
ok good tip. I dd not know where it was sold so I was Like a ghost wandering about muttering dullus, dullus.. No wonder people think yanx are crazy.

mafsef

« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2013, 04:33:49 PM »
 :wild: Oh yes I do remember the smell (stink), never really noticed it on the ground but have vivid memories of it at three thousand feet over Belfast lough. Flying westerly from Newtownards (clean air) so the side ventilator was open - halfway across the lough the poisons began and they increased as the city neared; it was almost throw-up time. But that was way back in the distant past (1960ish), I wonder if it is any cleaner now.
Incidentally I haven't looked at this site for a couple of years so it's good to see that it's still thriving - must get back into the regular viewing habit even it means tearing myself away from Florida poolside sunshine.

Dommo

« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2013, 10:12:11 PM »
:wild: Oh yes I do remember the smell (stink), never really noticed it on the ground but have vivid memories of it at three thousand feet over Belfast lough. Flying westerly from Newtownards (clean air) so the side ventilator was open - halfway across the lough the poisons began and they increased as the city neared; it was almost throw-up time. But that was way back in the distant past (1960ish), I wonder if it is any cleaner now.
Incidentally I haven't looked at this site for a couple of years so it's good to see that it's still thriving - must get back into the regular viewing habit even it means tearing myself away from Florida poolside sunshine.
Florida? Oh same ad califonia but with a million gators and 5000 crocs.  :D

Erniem

« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2018, 06:15:24 AM »
Hi
My recollection of Belfast aromas.
Walking with my mother along York st and the pungent aroma of Gallagher ciggy factory :skull: :whistle:  The smell of an Andrews feed lorry with half of Belfast’s pigeons riding on top, the stench still haunts me if I think hard enough’ huh the good old days.

Ernie McQuillan
Belfast born and bread as long as it was Ormo.