Author Topic: I Miss The Smell Of Belfast  (Read 23685 times)

henry irwin

Re: I Miss The Smell Of Belfast
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2012, 12:43:49 PM »
  :) i miss the smell of the monkey cages at bellvue, aye those were the days  :)

homesick2

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2012, 11:35:57 AM »
there was a mill near Cumberland St or at least the smell of it. you breathed thru the sleeve of your cardigan til you got into your grannies

henry irwin

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2012, 05:00:21 PM »
  :) a wee shop operated out of a house in donegall ave what an aroma,  :) i used to get my grannies brandy balls there. to this day i can still see  me  there breathing deeply .

pajamo46

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2012, 06:16:15 AM »
I also miss the smell of Belfast, Im thinking about the smell of freshly made breads coming from the many bakeries, but most of all I miss the smell of an Ulster Fry which we would have been lucky to get on weekends,either for breakfast, lunch or teatime.

whataboutya

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2012, 11:05:16 PM »
Ach sure its hard ta whack . what about mc guiness  i mean the pint ya know  :D

edmor

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2012, 11:46:03 PM »
  :) i miss the smell of the monkey cages at bellvue, aye those were the days  :)
   You moved ??          ::)
Pox vobiscum     Savagin'  done....chape.    Hillbillies caint spel     Proud to be a usual suspect     REM 1697

Dommo

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2012, 09:06:53 PM »
I also miss the smell of Belfast, Im thinking about the smell of freshly made breads coming from the many bakeries, but most of all I miss the smell of an Ulster Fry which we would have been lucky to get on weekends,either for breakfast, lunch or teatime.
I have one when I am home but on a regular basis they are bad news for the oul heart...
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

Lewis Monty

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
Abiding memory of Gallagher's on York Street it smelled of tobaco all around there.
Even the overalls of the Gallagher's girls reeked of tobaco.
Monty
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

paulmag

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2012, 06:55:29 PM »
I worked in Mackiies on the Springfield Road..Walking past Kennedy,s Bakery, the smell of Bread and Dough was Great..
This next one is not about smell, more so colour..I lived on Iveagh Street, as kids we used to play in the fields behind us bordering Celtic Park..The Blackie river ran between the Fields..It used to change colour all the time..One day green..next day a blue tinge..some days a light orange..and there where the area dogs, swimming in it and drinking it..No wonder why half the dogs in the area were either mad, or blind and mad..never stopped them chasing you though on your bike...
               Paul.

Dommo

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2012, 12:15:16 AM »
I worked in Mackiies on the Springfield Road..Walking past Kennedy,s Bakery, the smell of Bread and Dough was Great..
This next one is not about smell, more so colour..I lived on Iveagh Street, as kids we used to play in the fields behind us bordering Celtic Park..The Blackie river ran between the Fields..It used to change colour all the time..One day green..next day a blue tinge..some days a light orange..and there where the area dogs, swimming in it and drinking it..No wonder why half the dogs in the area were either mad, or blind and mad..never stopped them chasing you though on your bike...
               Paul.
I was across Willowbank Park across from you!

Bigali

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2012, 12:32:56 AM »
I am not on the wagon or an ex Alcoholic I just never acquired a taste for drink.  I wouldn't care if I never had it. I'd rather have a bar of chocolate. :D

Jaze Moonlight, what do you take to get to sleep at night, tell me please  ???
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Dommo

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2012, 12:44:41 AM »

Jaze Moonlight, what do you take to get to sleep at night, tell me please  ???
technically speaking a person cannot be ex alcoholic. It is a great thing when people can enjoy themselves without boozing it up.

Bigali

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2012, 12:48:29 AM »
technically speaking a person cannot be ex alcoholic. It is a great thing when people can enjoy themselves without boozing it up.

Aren't you great
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Dommo

« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2012, 12:51:32 AM »

jmac

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2012, 01:15:37 AM »
there was a mill near Cumberland St or at least the smell of it. you breathed thru the sleeve of your cardigan til you got into your grannies
Hi homesick, it was more than likely the whiff from Andrews flour mill, Northhumberland st. ;)
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique